No announcement yet.

The Post-Brexit Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My neighbour foz is a Devon Greek Cypriot and uses all of those things as a matter of course. Her daughter is a picky eater in the sense that she will only eat an extremely iron rich variant of the med diet.

I can't believe that left Sharkey didn't notice the whole "let's go back to an imaginary version of 1970" vibe of brexit

Comment

It's just belittling the problems caused by Brexit with an ad hom attack on the critic. "Oh boohoo little miss diddums can't get her spring onions."

I drove past a sawmill on the road to Hereford that I've driven past approximately five hundred times before. This was the first time I've seen it with a massive sign saying "Drivers Wanted".

Comment

https://twitter.com/thelorryist/status/1432037382581329920?s=19

Comment

Went to the post office this morning to send a single cassette tape in a jiffy packet to the UK. "You'll need this five-section customs form," said the helpful PO worker. "Oh, and you can't use those jiffy bags any more unless it's documents only, so you need to buy a box." Ok, I said, I can do all that. "Minimum postage cost will be €16." Okay, I said, let's forget it.

Comment

https://twitter.com/MarieAnnUK/status/1433006487027204098?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
              Went to the post office 1995 this morning to send a single cassette tape in a jiffy packet to the UK.
              ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                ftfy
                Ha, very good. Never heard of revivals? Not that I'm part of it - I never stopped using vinyl and cassettes to start with.

Comment

The latest expert to comment on Brexit - Christopher Biggins
                  "People have told me they have lost business as a result - I don't know if that's true" and "Europe were taking us for a ride, and they still are"

While willingly sitting in the company of, and in conversation with, racist filth

0:18 - 0:40

https://twitter.com/MarieAnnUK/status/1434038544490799105

(if you can bear any of it)

Comment

Did they misspell points?

Comment

Originally posted by ooh aah View Post
                      Did they misspell points?
                      Sadly, it's an hilarious pun, as it refers to the interviewers alleged penchant for "honest British beer" and the set is dressed as a pub

Comment

The boss of Hardy's has warned that wine stocks are likely to be seriously depleted at Christmas because of driver shortages. The Daily Mail classes might not care about chicken in Nando's or milkshakes in McDonald's but take their xmas wine club order away and there'll be riots outside every Waitrose in the home counties.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

Sadly, it's an hilarious pun, as it refers to the interviewers alleged penchant for "honest British beer" and the set is dressed as a pub
                          Jesus. Did they hire the producer from Fantasy Football League?

Comment

Just been to the fish shop. The monger reported that lots was unavailable because of brexit, shortage of lorry drivers etc.

Comment

No sparkling water to be had on Sainsburys online for our delivery online. No raspberries available either.

The shelves in the actually supermarkets look depleted, especially in certain aisles.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                in certain aisles
                                Across the British ones.

Comment

Lumber yards are running out of timber. A length of 2x1 just cost my builder nearly a tenner. Should have been about £4.

Comment

That's been happening here for 18 months, basically since the border between Canada - where most of our lumber comes from - and the US was massively restricted. I can't see any parallel with Brexit...

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
                                      Fuck. I don't know if my blood tests count as urgent. They're certainly essential.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                        That's been happening here for 18 months, basically since the border between Canada - where most of our lumber comes from - and the US was massively restricted. I can't see any parallel with Brexit...
                                        Most of our lumber comes from Eastern Europe and China.
                                        So now it doesn't come at all or if it does it's at huge extra cost.

Comment

No sparkling water to be had on Sainsburys online for our delivery online. No raspberries available either.

The shelves in the actually supermarkets look depleted, especially in certain aisles.
                                          Surely British suppliers of both should be plentiful, especially when it's the right season for raspberries?

Comment

Perfidious Scots, withholding their raspberries from the British in a show of independent defiance.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post

Surely British suppliers of both should be plentiful, especially when it's the right season for raspberries?
                                              One is transport related I'd guess, the others might not have been picked.

Comment

The People's Republic of Perthshire have declared soft fruit autarchy, border guards at the carse of Gowrie.

Comment

One is transport related I'd guess, the others might not have been picked.
                                                  Aye. There are fruit and veg farmers up near where one of P's friends lives who are basically saying "come pick as much as you like and pay whatever you like because otherwise it's getting tilled back into the soil."
                                                  Oddly all those belligerent quitling Brexiters don't seem as desperate to pick up the slack as they said they were when fucking us over. It seems Dunkirk spirit only Applies when some else has to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                                    The People's Republic of Perthshire have declared soft fruit autarchy, border guards at the carse of Gowrie.
                                                    They need them for their innovative jams. It's that and Whisky that are keeping the scottish economy afloat. Gotta get that hard currency somehow.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X