No announcement yet.

The COVID-19 Vaccination Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The county website says 5-11 year olds 52% vaccinated here, 12-15 year olds 81%, over 15s 89%.
    The race/ethnicity breakdown is rather stark, for the over 4s: 99.9% of Asians fully vaccinated, 77% whites, only 62% of hispanics. There's quite a large unknown/other pool in the vaccinated population listing that isn't present in the overall population listing.

Comment

Finally found this. I got my fourth jab on Thursday. My energy levels were all over the place yesterday, though that doesn't necessarily distinguish it from any other day

Comment

My parents (80s, Wiltshire) got their fourth jabs yesterday.

Comment

5 - 11 year olds can now have vaccines booked for them online in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
            My parents (80s, Wiltshire) got their fourth jabs yesterday.
            Same with mine (80s, Oxfordshire)

Comment

Originally posted by Jimski View Post
              5 - 11 year olds can now have vaccines booked for them online in the UK.
              My 8 year old booked in for her first jab Wednesday.

Comment

My elder son who has just turned 12 has just been booked for a vaccine. However trying to book anything for his 9 year old brother is proving difficult. The nearest to Oxford is Aylesbury - you what? Why don't they have them available at the various Oxford vaccine centres where they will happily vaccinate 12 year olds?

Comment

Shot 4 went into my arm today. All over 50s are allowed it now in the US. Nobody seems to be pushing the fourth shot particularly hard, but nobody else in the pharmacy I was in was getting shots so I don't think I was pushing anyone out of the way. May as well keep the antibodies up, right?

This was my first Pfizer after 3 Modernas. And given the weird ache as the needle went in - even though I feel nothing now - I expect my arm to ache like a bastard tomorrow.

Comment

Thought this thread was dead in the water? Well I'm here to revive it, because my girlfriend's dad will soon be getting his fourth dose. As will the rest of us, apparently. He's had Sputnik, Moderna and (I think) AZ so far, in that order, so I shall report back on what he gets this time.

Comment

I was boosted for the second time yesterday.

Comment

I got a message a few hours ago inviting me to make an appointment for my second booster. I have a week to click the link and there are no especially convenient locations available right now, so I'll have another look during the day on Wednesday.

It'll be my fourth dose overall and the first time I'll be receiving a brand I've already had a dose of, because it'll be another Moderna. I live in hope that that means I'll wake up the day after this one not feeling as if I've been hit by a truck.

Comment

A month later than it should've been due to catching COVID right after the post above, but I now have the second booster in my arm, 360 days after receiving my first dose and five and a half months after my first booster. Girlfriend got her second booster on Wednesday and felt just a bit tired yesterday and absolutely fine today; I slammed a couple of paracetamol when I got home earlier and will have another before bed in a little while. Here's hoping the next jab is either updated for omicron or a fancy transmission-blocking one. It might be endlessly frustrating seeing how brainless governments are being over attempts to mitigate this thing, but the fact we've almost all had three or four doses by now would have seemed like a pipe dream a couple of years ago.

Comment

I got my 3rd jab/booster last week in a mobile, walk-in booster jab caravan outside Island Gardens DLR station, which was handy. Moderna booster for me, to add to my 2 AZ jabs. The Moderna jab gave me a sore arm which took a week to get to normal.

Comment

Just to hammer home the degree to which COVID concerns have receded in my mind, I'm struggling to recall what my vaccination history is, but I'm fairly sure that after the initial two jabs I had a booster at the beginning of last December and nothing since. Consequently, I was happy to note that the UK's autumn booster programme will now include my age cohort.

Comment

Do you not have a card or app?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                  Do you not have a card or app?

Oh, sure. It's just interesting that something that was once of central importance to my existence is now something that I actually have to consider for a few seconds.

Comment

The political differences in Canada are stark

https://twitter.com/338Canada/status/1549045860390301697?t=ppIVKdMoxLpsTVdUiccsrw&s=19

Comment

Just booked my next booster.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                        Just booked my next booster.
                                        Same here.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, guys. I don't qualify on age grounds but on the basis that I live with someone who is immuno-compromised.

And a heads up for blameless Your local pharmacy is part of the booster jabs effort and that's where I'm going on 3rd October.

Comment

Missus getting her jab today I think

Comment

Got the good new juice in my left arm and my flu jab in my right on Monday. Left arm is still a little sore, far less than it was yesterday.

Comment

I've got round 4 next Tuesday.
                                                The cub had his second last Saturday.

I think I get my work voucher for Flu shortly.

Comment

You're all getting the bivalent ones, I presume?

Comment

The website says "you may receive" the bivalent one.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X