Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    The CDC approval came through 30 minutes ago
    It got delayed so they could make the guidance as confusing as possible.

Comment

My Third Moderna, like First and Second Moderna, has not had a lot of the widely reported side effects. No illness, fever, chills, little tiredness. But, also like First and Second Moderna, my shoulder feels like I’m at primary school and someone has tried to give me a dead arm by punching the same small spot over and over and over and over again. It was particularly bad yesterday evening and is still sore now and is definitely not psychosomatic. The cats were very unhelpful overnight, by climbing onto the bed and sleeping adjacent to me so I couldn’t roll over off the bad arm.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
        My Third Moderna, like First and Second Moderna, has not had a lot of the widely reported side effects. No illness, fever, chills, little tiredness. But, also like First and Second Moderna, my shoulder feels like I’m at primary school and someone has tried to give me a dead arm by punching the same small spot over and over and over and over again.
        Heh, this is also a widely reported side effect, though I suspect it might be down to where the person puts the needle in. It's really hard to find a vein in the upper arm. I think it's important to remember that widely reported side effects, don't affect most people, it's just the ones that had a rough time that comment about it. For instance in my circle of friends, the only ones who have had any real side effects are mrs Garcia, and Garcia's sister, who are the two healthiest people by a distance, and both had to go home from work, for the only times in their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
          It's really hard to find a vein in the upper arm.
          Surely the injection is intramuscular? Or is Moderna different from the rest?

Comment

If so, they're not looking for a vein, and it's likely going to hurt. So I suppose it moves out of the side effect of the vaccine column, and into the side effect of an intramuscular injection.

Comment

All of the three major vaccines, and I suspect the others as well, are intramuscular injections.

Comment

Booster jab booked for this coming Thursday. Really straightforward and easy to book with quite a number of options of places and timeslots.

Comment

Booster booked for 11 December.

Comment

Booked mine this morning, for 22 December. Had to book Penrith as the three centres in Carlisle were only showing availability from early January. I'm taking this as a positive as it means take up locally must be good.

Comment

Booster booked for this Thursday 25th. Will have to drive 15 mins to the nearby village of East Peckham as there was seemingly nothing available in Tunbridge Wells until mid-December. (Which is either a sign of a massive take-up or a glitch in the system. Given the large number of mask-less morons I encountered out and about on Saturday I suspect it may be the latter).

Flu vaccine booked in at the GP for Saturday morning. Hopefully having the two so close together wont present any problems.

Comment

East Peckham is about 20 miles east of Peckham. Also a long way south, mind.

Comment

I've had two texts, one today and one yesterday inviting me for a booster. I'm booked in for tomorrow in my local GP practice.

I'm under 50 with no underlying health conditions.

Comment

Got the booster text today. I now feel old...

Comment

I got my Pfizer booster at CVS a week ago. Felt sick for about 36 hours.

Comment

I had my Covid booster on Thursday. No ill effects other than feeling a little tired that afternoon and on a couple of occasions yesterday, although my arm definitely felt stiffer and more sore with the Pfizer than it did with either of the two previous AZ jabs.

Flu vaccine at the GP surgery this morning at 8.30. A real production line effort, with everyone ushered into one of three short and constantly moving queues as the GPs delivered each vaccine with the bare minimum of preamble, scarcely waiting for the recipients to put their coats back on before calling the next one in. It could only have gone more quickly if they had run down the line jabbing everyone as they passed, and I was out and driving home within less than 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                  I've had two texts, one today and one yesterday inviting me for a booster. I'm booked in for tomorrow in my local GP practice.

I'm under 50 with no underlying health conditions.
                                  I've had my Pfizer booster about an hour ago.

All over 45s are now being called for boosters they told me.

Comment

I'll be interested to see how many booster jabs have been administered today when the figures are released tomorrow. The daily totals are averaging around 350k, with nearer to 500k on Saturdays.

Comment

Both kids in for their second jab this morning, absolute champs the both of them.

Comment

Getting boosted this afternoon--I didn't really treat this as urgently as I did the vaccine the first time around, I could have gotten it weeks back.

My daughter is the first one in our family to have any sort of side effects from any of the doses and has a fever this morning after getting her second dose yesterday evening.

Comment

All over 18s in the UK to be offered a booster, and all 12s and over to be offered a second dose.

Comment

Had my Moderna booster this morning. Arm is throbbing a bit now but not too bad. Mate had his last week and got the full 18 hours of shakes and burning up, Mrs TrL had hers Sunday and had a really painful arm and slight shivers yesterday. Hoping I avoid anything worse than a bit of arm knack tbh.

Comment

I have booked mine for December 27th, but that was based on it being over 6 months since my 2nd jab (actually eligible from the 20th but retail gets kind of busy between the 20th and 24th).

But now the window has panic-shrunk to 3 months, I envisage cancelling that in favour of an earlier slot (which is exactly what happened with my 2nd jab IIRC)

Comment

Got my booking on 16th, not much point pushing it forward I guess...

Comment

Got my booster yesterday, hit with the chills/trembles and then about a 3-degree fever overnight, feeling a bit better today.

Comment

Just had my booster - Pfizer. No choice offered.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X