No announcement yet.

The COVID-19 Vaccination Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son (12) had his second Pfizer jab yesterday. Apart from the sore arm he has yet to complain of any ill effects.
    Since he had his first one the place he had them has moved from appointments only to accepting walk-ins, which meant that this one took over an hour all told, as opposed to under 20 minutes (including the 15 minute post-jab observation period) last time. Which was particularly irritating as all the reminder emails have stressed the importance of arriving punctually and no more than 5 minutes earlier than our appointment time.

Comment

Second jab .

Comment

Had my second AZ jab on Saturday. Felt a bit tired all day yesterday and my arm ached a bit, but that was it. On speaking to my sister it seems as though I got off easy as she had full-on fever and vomiting after her second.

Comment

Getting my second jab on Wednesday. The whole order of vaccination seems to have collapsed for the second one.

First time round, my friend (aged 60) and my brother (59) both gt vaccinated on Saturday. This time my mate got his second and my brother has heard nothing despite two phone calls and a promise that he'd be expedited. My 57 year old friend who queued with me has similarly heard nothing, while my workmate, who's three years younger than me, and got his first vaccination nearly a week after me is getting his second tomorrow.

Comment

I don't know which thread this belong on, but it's pretty bonkers. You can now more easily predict the 2020 election results from the vaccination rate than you could from the 2000 election results...

https://twitter.com/smotus/status/1404483957647831046

Comment

Originally posted by Jimski View Post
              I had no side-effects at all from my second AZ jab. I actually almost wish I'd had something.
              Ha, same.

Comment

Beginning here in BC tomorrow we can travel around the province again (yay!) And hang out with up to fifty people. I can also join the gym again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                  Ha, same.
                  Well, i hope for the same today!

Comment

Just been bumped forward a month for my second jab, so as of next weekend I will be a fully paid-up member of the smug club.

Comment

Well, I did get a text saying I could be bumped up, but given that would be by all of one week I thought it unnecessary really.

Comment

Things going apace now in NL. My 26 year old daughter has jab 1 on Friday.

Comment

Had my second one yesterday. I had the first in Chichester, where it was a two minute walk from the station and there was no queue. At The Brighton Centre, however, it's a fifteen minute walk and they seem to have taken a policy decision to have as any appointments booked as possible, resulting in a queue that snaked out of the building, round the corner, and up towards town. I was queuing outside for 55 minutes, and was probably as at great a risk of sunstroke as anything else during that time. Once I got inside, though, it was pretty empty.

Symptoms the same as the first time around. Crushing fatigue coupled with an inability to actually get to sleep has been the order of the day yesterday and today, and my right arm feels as though it did something to upset Biff Tannen.

Comment

Hmm, I had terrible trouble sleeping on day 3-5 after my second jab but hadn't associated it with my jab at all, I thought it was due to my change in medication. The insomnia has reduced a little bit in the last two days so hopefully it was jab related and will subside.

Comment

I decided to cancel and rebook my 2nd shot moving it forward about three weeks from early July to late July. It's a bit nerve wracking clicking on the 'cancel and rebook' button but actually was really easy. My mates had done it and reassured me there was tons of appointments down the vaccination centre in Stratford Westfield, and there was. Glad I've done it, really, when infections were low I wasn't so bothered but now they are rising this three week difference feels significant.

Comment

Been wondering whether to risk that, seems to be some suggestion it works for under 40s but don't want to take the risk.

Comment

I was in a similar quandary a week or so ago, and did not regret it. Definitely worth the rebooking.

Comment

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1405093857373655042

Comment

2nd vaccination complete.

Comment

Well, had jab 2 yesterday evening(az). Very good night sleep, unlike the first time. This morning I felt hungover but no more tired than usual (puppy alarm clock by 530am every day.. ). Took day off so quite relaxing!

Comment

Anyone else have vomiting as part of their side effects. Apparently it can affect 1 in a 100, hopefully it doesn't last long.

Comment

Second jab today. So far so good.

Comment

Ditto, Tuesday. No side effects this time (and only mild the first time). No badge or sticker though. Booo.

Comment

Had my second jab 9am yesterday at Excel. AZ, very mild side-effects after lunch, I took a couple of paracetamol and had a lie down and felt fine a couple of hours later. No issues today whatsoever.

Was given 2 stickers.

Comment

Do you get vaccination certificates?

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                                    Do you get vaccination certificates?
                                                    We get little cards showing we've had both.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X