The COVID-19 Vaccination Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EIM View Post
    Just had my first. Cruel fate decided it would talk place at the Etihad today, but not even that could dent the carnival atmosphere inside the makeshift covid field hospital.
    I'm feeling a bit ropey tonight, but I went to the gym this morning, so it's even money on being that. Plus I just had a big tea. Could be the big tea.

Comment

Ohio

https://twitter.com/GovMikeDeWine/status/1392597174014332929

Comment

Holy crap! It's so weird given that literally everyone I know was desperate to get vaccinated without incentives. My barber today said "It's not like god - with the vaccine you have to trust someone who doesn't have your best interests at heart" which totally fucked with my head, but she's still getting her first dose on Saturday without a million dollar bribe.

Comment

I think it is an excellent use of 5 million USD under the circumstances

Comment

Got my second Moderna on Monday. In-out, 25minutes.

Sore arm, still. That aside, I've burnt my bra and am onwa... sorry, burnt my mask, and... what?

Yeah. At least I'm not autistic.

"5.9 from the New Zealand judge for the beautiful reverse 'Gadsby'."
            Last edited by Gerontophile; 13-05-2021, 06:34. Reason: This could go either way

Comment

Now double-jabbed

Comment

Uncle had his second dose on Monday.

Comment

My brother got his appointment for this Saturday morning. While glad to get vaccinated, he pointed out that Monday to Friday his job is letting people be vaccinated without using annual or sick leave, and Saturday morning means that he gets neither a lie in or overtime.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                    My brother got his appointment for this Saturday morning. While glad to get vaccinated, he pointed out that Monday to Friday his job is letting people be vaccinated without using annual or sick leave, and Saturday morning means that he gets neither a lie in or overtime.
                    Yeah, both mine were outside of working hours, annoyingly...

Comment

Our job is making folk take jab time as sick leave, which is heavy pish, esp as so far vaccination for under 70s seems to be centralised to a few locations in the big smoke proper and assuming every cunt has a car.

Comment

Got a message to say that my age group is eligible now, so went onto the NHS vaccination website to book. Apparently the nearest centre is now 10 miles away, which is annoying (my dad's was within 3 miles) but manageable, so I selected a slot for the end of the month and then went to book the second dose. Chose the same centre, no availability. Finding a new centre yields nothing within 20 miles, which is just ridiculous.

Not sure whether to hold off and see if the more local sites might open up some slots at a later point, or to prep myself for a much longer journey. I also can't just book the first slot, both have to be booked at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                          Our job is making folk take jab time as sick leave, which is heavy pish, esp as so far vaccination for under 70s seems to be centralised to a few locations in the big smoke proper and assuming every cunt has a car.
                          That's shite alright, and I'd be surprised if it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by lambers View Post
                            Got a message to say that my age group is eligible now, so went onto the NHS vaccination website to book. Apparently the nearest centre is now 10 miles away, which is annoying (my dad's was within 3 miles) but manageable, so I selected a slot for the end of the month and then went to book the second dose. Chose the same centre, no availability. Finding a new centre yields nothing within 20 miles, which is just ridiculous.

Not sure whether to hold off and see if the more local sites might open up some slots at a later point, or to prep myself for a much longer journey. I also can't just book the first slot, both have to be booked at the same time.
                            Not much long after this, I've managed to book both at the place 10 miles away. End of May for the first, middle of August for the second.

Comment

My son is booked for next Friday. There's also a walk up clinic at the local high school this Saturday, but I prefer the certainty of the appointment (plus it's closer).

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                Hon, Chik fil a have decided to give tokens with their chicken burgers...

Comment

Huzzah, just had my first one at the Crick Centre in St. Pancras. Second one is at the start of August. My mum still hasn't got any news on her second, she got the first three or four months ago.

Comment

She could try to book the second online?

P just had her first this afternoon.

Comment

They lifted the mask mandate in the US for anyone fully vaccinated yesterday. The day before they had to warn people not to fill shopping bags with gasoline due to the shortage / stockpiling.

Somehow this combination of actions do not fill me with confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                                        Huzzah, just had my first one at the Crick Centre in St. Pancras. Second one is at the start of August. My mum still hasn't got any news on her second, she got the first three or four months ago.
                                        DM, you just had your first jag? What the fuck is going on over there?

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                          They lifted the mask mandate in the US for anyone fully vaccinated yesterday. The day before they had to warn people not to fill shopping bags with gasoline due to the shortage / stockpiling.

Somehow this combination of actions do not fill me with confidence.
                                          Ad, I think I linked upthread. This is not going to end well. "Las Vegas" needs the money. Everyone else can go fuck themselves. Mask-free environments by June 1st. We ain't ready.

Apologies Caja: That may be the second time I've mistaken you for ad hoc. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post

Ad, I think I linked upthread. This is not going to end well. "Las Vegas" needs the money. Everyone else can go fuck themselves. Mask-free environments by June 1st. We ain't ready.

Apologies Caja: That may be the second time I've mistaken you for ad hoc. Sorry.
                                            No problem. He is more articulate than I am so it is a compliment.

How this mandate rolls down will be interesting - it will likely be a case of adverse selection where those that could still benefit from a mask mandate pull back immediately whereas it sticks around in my area for months even though I am pretty certain we are at herd immunity, at least in the adult population.

Comment

Was chatting with some Manhattan friends and neighbours about this, all of whom live in multi-unit buildings like ours that have had mask mandates in common areas, limits on numbers in lifts, etc for over a year by now.

None of us have seen any indication of any desire for relaxation, nor do any of us expect one for months (if then).

As I have noted before, much of the national discourse around masks feels very removed from our daily experience.

Comment

Basically, every Nevadan thinks that whatever California does, will make it law. It's money. We're very close to 45% double vaxxed... and, it's too soon. The poor fucking staff.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                  Was chatting with some Manhattan friends and neighbours about this, all of whom live in multi-unit buildings like ours that have had mask mandates in common areas, limits on numbers in lifts, etc for over a year by now.

None of us have seen any indication of any desire for relaxation, nor do any of us expect one for months (if then).

As I have noted before, much of the national discourse around masks feels very removed from our daily experience.
                                                  That might be the only good news. .... Masks will still be worn, voluntarily. But, you know... there's going to be pushback about that, from the 'tourists'. I am blessed that I do not have a customer-facing job, at this moment.

Comment

Yeah, I can't imagine being comfortable not wearing my mask outdoors if I'm in a somewhat crowded area where I have a high chance of walking by someone else, or inside a store even not next to someone outside of my household.

Our oldest daughter got her first dose yesterday. A long wait at a CVS, and everyone in line was parents with their kids. Apparently most local pharmacies are allowing for walk-ins, no appointment needed.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X