No announcement yet.

The COVID-19 Vaccination Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just written to my MP for the first time ever in the hope that he can resolve the impasse between the NHS and my local surgery as to why I can't get an appointment.

I bloody HATE making a fuss, but I haven't seen any of my family for 18 months, and I really can't find any other way to go.

Comment

Short sighted and bigoted nonsense that is potentially going to hurt them more.
      True, but I suspect the "explicitly" is doing a lot of work there. I'm not sure how you'd go about getting a vaccine appointment here if you didn't have legal residency (how many people in that situation are likely to be registered with the NHS?).

Comment

I don't think this got posted - Brazil rejected the Sputnik V vaccine due to concerns that it contains a replicating cold virus.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021...ng-cold-virus/

Comment

My wife had hers on Friday afternoon and spent all Saturday feeling absolutely rotten.

Comment

My brother has logged on for his jab,I'll be interested to see how long it takes.

Comment

I'm due in for number 2 tomorrow and I'm trying really hard to follow the advice to get and stay incredibly hydrated before and after in order to alleviate side-effects. I am already feeling a bit bloated and will undoubtedly be up many times in the night...

Comment

Things speeding up a bit in NL. I think I might be 2 or 3 weeks away. I'm 58.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                  I've just written to my MP for the first time ever in the hope that he can resolve the impasse between the NHS and my local surgery as to why I can't get an appointment.

I bloody HATE making a fuss, but I haven't seen any of my family for 18 months, and I really can't find any other way to go.
                  https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...s-vaccination/

Does this not work for you? It's 40+ now.

Comment

No, that's the site I have tried on multiple times daily for over three weeks now. It's also the only site that anyone you can ring up can access, so they get the same error message that I do. Apparently my case has been referred to the CCG (I had to Google to find out what that was) by the MP so I'm just waiting for an answer.

Comment

No, that's the site I have tried on multiple times daily for over three weeks now. It's also the only site that anyone you can ring up can access, so they get the same error message that I do. Apparently my case has been referred to the CCG (I had to Google to find out what that was) by the MP so I'm just waiting for an answer.

Fucking hell! The CCG! Those are the baddies in Line of Duty, aren't they?

Comment

Well, who knew that complaining to your MP would ever work?

Am now booked in for first jab on Sunday

Comment

Excellent. Really chuffed to hear that.

Comment

That's what the c*nuts are there for, it's not for running the country.

Comment

Great news.

Comment

We've administered about 1.18 billion doses of Covid-19 vaccine worldwide so far. That's enough doses for nearly 15% of the world's population to have received one dose. But most vaccines require two doses. 3.6% of the world's population is now considered "fully vaccinated" i.e. has received the recommended number of doses for whichever vaccine they received, though top ups may be needed in future. It's a flawed and very unequal roll-out but it's still the fastest vaccination programme in history and an example of what human ingenuity can achieve if working towards a concrete goal.

Comment

Due to a very minor vulnerability, just got a call from my GP, and my first jab is scheduled for the 14th/15th, depending on when supplies arrive.

Comment

My second Fauci-Ouchie is in. My arm is feeling slightly bruised quicker than it did with the first one. More serious side effects - if there are any - more likely in 12-24 hours. I have properly followed advice and am massively hydrated right now.

Comment

I can't change my vote on the front page - apparently I will never be fully vaccinated according to the OTF poll.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                        My second Fauci-Ouchie is in. My arm is feeling slightly bruised quicker than it did with the first one. More serious side effects - if there are any - more likely in 12-24 hours. I have properly followed advice and am massively hydrated right now.
                                        My arm is still a nice shade of yellow-blue-green 9 days later.

Comment

So far the only side effect seems to be that I'm incredibly hungry - particularly for junk food. My phone still has terrible 5G reception in my house, sadly.

Comment

Registered, very straightforward procedure for a government website, sometime in the next three weeks I'll get 1st jab.

Comment

So, side-effects are here now. My arm is really feeling fucked. Can’t lift it more than 20 degrees without a ton of pain. Struggled to sleep in the back half of the night. Other muscles are now sore and achey. It’s a beautiful morning here, but I might not be able persuade myself to go out unless this bucket of ibuprofen kicks in. No fever or those “flu” type side effects people talk about.

Comment

So, that was very short term. For about 3 hours I was exhausted and incredibly achey. Now I'm mostly back to normal, apart from a slightly bruised arm, maybe less bad than last time.

Comment

I was due for my second at tea-time but they called me and asked if I could come early in mid-afternoon. Only side effect so far has been the desire for a pint outside a pub.

Comment

My test results are in and "Antibodies clearly detectable" was the conclusion, which is comforting if expected.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X