No announcement yet.

The COVID-19 Vaccination Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had my first jab on Saturday (AZ) and felt fine for the rest of the day, then Sunday I got up and felt dizzy and nauseous and the aches and pains progressively worsened through the day. Thankfully I feel back to normal today.

Comment

I'm booked for my first on Thursday. It's worth noting that (in England) they have dropped the limit to age 64 for booking your own without being notified first. I don't think that has been well-publicised.

Comment

How the fuck are people making Romania look this good? I mean I think Romania are doing alright (just about) with vaccine rollout, but all this graph shows to me is how utterly shit everybody else must be

https://twitter.com/APHClarkson/status/1364173586035077128

Comment

Talking to my neighbours cross the street yesterday, both in their late 70s, they were scheduled to receive their first jabs this week, but that's been postponed to next month. Meanwhile my mother-in-law (early 70s) is due to receive her second next week.
          My sister (late 40s, nursery school teacher, UK) got a call to receive her first one last week, with less than 4 hour notice for a 6pm appointment - she had her phone off from 2 till 5.30 as she was at work. Presumably she was on some sort of back-up list for vaccine that would otherwise have to be tossed.

Comment

One of my friends in Marin (of course) has told me that they won't be getting vaccinated. They are also firmly opposed to closing stuff down as it's only unhealthy people that are at risk so instead people should just exercise more and eat better.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
              How the fuck are people making Romania look this good? I mean I think Romania are doing alright (just about) with vaccine rollout, but all this graph shows to me is how utterly shit everybody else must be

https://twitter.com/APHClarkson/status/1364173586035077128
              Romania's data from the "Our World In Data" site is very, very odd.

They have given 7.32 doses per 100 people, yet 3.1% of the population have been fully vaccinated. Unless people are being vaccinated with a single dose, or the government are only reporting once people have received two doses, then 6.2% of the 7.32% of the doses have gone into the "fully vaccinated" group leaving a tiny group who've had one dose and are waiting for their second.

My guess is that it's a data reporting problem.

Comment

I don't understand the problem with those figures. They've given 7.32 doses per 100 people. 3.1 of those 100 have had 2 doses, and hence are the ones featured in that graph. The remainder of the doses (1.1 out of 100 people) have, to this point, only had a single dose so they don't make the chart yet.
                Last edited by ad hoc; 23-02-2021, 16:33.

Comment

In other words that graph shows when people have had 2 doses (hence the UK being so far behind at this point)

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                    I don't understand the problem with those figures. They've given 7.32 doses per 100 people. 3.1 of those 100 have had 2 doses, and hence are the ones featured in that graph. The remainder of the doses (1.1 out of 100 people) have, to this point, only had a single dose so they don't make the chart yet.
                    Yes. That 1.1% number seems very low in comparison to every other country. For example, the US is at 20 doses per 100 people, but only 5% fully vaccinated and another 10% with a first dose. Which is about what you'd expect in an accelerating vaccination program.

If only 1.1% of the population has had a first dose at all in the past month, then that suggests that the program is decelerating. I'd guess that Romania isn't reporting a load of first vaccinations that have actually happened.

Comment

They're averaging between 30,000 and 40,000 doses delivered per day. If half of those are second doses and half first doses (which we can roughly assume) then that's approximately 17000 people per day getting their first shot over a period of 21 days (everyone is getting them 3 weeks apart - pretty much down to the minute. My 2 appointments are exactly 21days apart in this way). That's 350,000 one shot people at any given point. In a population of approx 20 million that's between one and two percent

Comment

The programme is not accelerating because supplies don't allow it to. We got a bunch more Pfizer today apparently so perhaps it will pick up a bit in the next week

Comment

Interesting. That makes sense. It's just looks like a different distribution than you see from almost anyone else.

Comment

Oh, I'm booked in for my first jab on Thursday morning

Comment

Same as my Dad, good luck TonTon.

Comment

Couple I'm friends with got their jab today. They both work in health care.

Comment

I got my first jab yesterday. Had a sore arm since, but no other side effects yet.

I was impressed with how easy the whole thing was. There was a lot more talking than I was expecting though. I thought they'd try and limit the chances of transmission through people talking, but the staff were all pretty relaxed and chatting with each other and the public.

Comment

Wife (who's a registered carer for our daughter) had the AZ jab yesterday afternoon. Came home completely fine, no problems in the evening and went to bed at normal time. During the night she started to shiver and shake, then get hot flushes and had a fairly disturbed night. She had a lie in this morning and whilst the flushes have gone, she felt like her head was clamped in a vice. Another hour dozing and then coffee and toast and a couple of ibruprofen and she's now fine. So pretty much how others on here have described it, so thanks to them for the heads up in knowing what to face.

Comment

My 21 year old daughter who is at home (semi permanently it seems) from university, was, we thought, going to struggle to get vaccinated, as she's a health system user in Hungary (where her university is) rather than Romania (where's she's been stuck for the best part of a year, and seems certain to remain so until September). However, as a way of getting around this, she signed up as a volunteer at an adult education centre, which gets her on the docket for vaccine and as teachers and anyone else in education are key workers, she's straight into the current tier, and has already been given an appointment this coming Sunday (which makes her first jab before mine, next Wednesday). As she's young they'll give her AZ and they're leaving bigger gaps between doses on that vaccine, so she'll not have the second one until April. My wife has also signed up as she's starting a new job (again in education) next week, so she'll probably get her first vaccine next week too. So, all 3 of us, will have had shot 1 (we hope) by next weekend. This only leaves my younger daughter, but as she's 15, she is not going to be on the list at all, as under 16s aren't being vaccinated at all under the current plans here (though, feasibly, if the process takes until December when her birthday is - as it almost certainly will, she'll get one in new year 2022)

Comment

Had a text from my surgery this morning inviting me to book my first jab and I'm having it at the Etihad tomorrow afternoon. I'm 53.

Comment

https://twitter.com/erictopol/status/1364703838100316162

Comment

Excellent news! That's the Johnson and Johnson one-shot vaccine, yes?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Artificial Hipster View Post
                                                Had a text from my surgery this morning inviting me to book my first jab and I'm having it at the Etihad tomorrow afternoon. I'm 53.
                                                One down one to go, already booked for 9th May. No side effects so far.

Comment

Yes, I had my first yesterday with the second booked for May. Some minor soreness around where the needle went in is all I'm getting so far. It looked like most, though not all, people who were getting done were younger than I am. I've heard of loads of younger people receiving theirs yet London is supposed to be behind the rest of the country. I know there's a fair bit of non-take up but I don't think that accounts for it all. I really wish I knew how it was being organised.

Comment

I didn't get an appointment for my second dose when I got the first one. They just said they'd be in touch.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X