No announcement yet.

The COVID-19 Vaccination Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A friend of ours in Florida, aged 87, has had his first one.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
      My parents may - depending on deliveries - be getting their second dose on Saturday. I'm wondering from afar whether their surgery is doing what it can to get as many second doses in before the government implements guidelines forcing them to do single-dose only.
      It seems to be a thing. My mum's friend, who is 88, had her second dose on Thursday and as far as she can tell all those who were in the first round of jabs before Christmas have had a follow up dose. The over-80s who were up in the last couple of weeks have had their second appointments cancelled though.

Comment

My wife, ICU nurse in London, has had her Oxford jab.

Comment

Pontifex next week:

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1347934072249724930

Comment

My parents got their second shots/boosters today, with their doctor apparently deciding to ignore government advice and follow pharma company guidelines instead.

Comment

An old school friend, who now works as a nurse in the local hospital, just got her first jab today.

Comment

Missus just got her jab! I'll check her out later, see how many bars she emits...

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                  Both parents over 80 in Leicester received the first jab before Christmas and are scheduled for 2nd jab on 9th January. I've only been able to see them twice in 2020 (once earlier this month when I stood in their garden and talked loudly for 2 hours) so am pleased that I can hopefully see them more next year, especially as I'm their only remaining son/daughter.
                  8th January that should have read. They both got their jabs on Friday and didn't feel too great for 24 hours afterwards. Dad woke up in the middle of the night shivering and shaking and Mum said she felt woozy for a while (which I'd assume she meant she felt a bit giddy and nauseous rather than a former Welsh golfing legend). Both are fine now though. What's strange is that other over 80yo relatives who also live in Leicester city and the county have yet to have their first jab, let alone their second.

Comment

My wife and the majority of her colleagues received their second Pfizer jab on Sunday. This time around the unpleasant side-effects were generally absent but most people, my wife included, felt tremendously tired today. The residents all received the Oxford jab on Friday, as did half-a-dozen of the staff who for one reason or another didn't have the Pfizer vaccine. Unfortunately over the weekend five of the six came down with severe headaches and nausea, and all spiked a temperature of over 38 which means that they must now isolate for 10 days as a precaution. Four of the residents were similarly affected and will have to be regarded as infected, with all of the safety protocols that requires.

Comment

Not content with going into hospital after suffering a stroke, catching covid and being told that she should prepare to die back in April Mrs G's absolute favourite aunt has now suffered a reaction to the vaccine and has been back in over the weekend. She's a proper old school northern matriarch but for the first time didn't sound as sharp tongued as usual when I answered the phone to her just before Christmas.Just hoping she's got some of that Salfordian grit left.

Comment

I found out that *everyone* who works in a medical department on our campus is getting vaccinated, including admin staff that have been working from home since last March and don't interact with patients and the general public. So there are people I know who work in the same job that I have that have already been vaccinated because of which administrative units they work for. Meanwhile the general staff on the rest of campus will have to rely on getting the vaccine through their healthcare provider. I don't understand why the university isn't offering it to all staff.

Comment

My mother-in-law had her jab today.

My neice, who caught it in Armenia when she was reporting on the war in Nagorno-Karabakh, had a test today which said that she she's now immune. But have another test in April, just in case...

Comment

While taking in a delivery just now I was approached for directions by an old man. I think English was not his first language, but when he gestured an innoculation into his arm it was clear he was wanting the clinic up the road which is doing COVID vaccinations. Nice start to the day.

Comment

My dad (late 80s, South Wilts) has just been scheduled for January 20th for his first shot. My mother (early 80s) is still waiting.

Comment

It looks like the Plymouth area must be reaching the end of the first group and now commencing the 75-79 batch as my mum has her jab scheduled for this Saturday afternoon. She is quite excited by the prospect.

Comment

Ma-in-law got hers (Pfizer) yesterday. The Doctor administering it told us that they're doing another sweep of the over 80s in the area next week and my mother should get another call as they're now comfortable jabbing the allergy-ridden, provided you haven't got an allergy to any of the constituent parts of the vaccine. They're also rolling the Oxford vaccine out from next week.

Comment

Father-in-law (early 80s, every underlying condition, Hertfordshire) got his first jab on Monday. I don't know which one (Pfizer / Oxford).

Comment

My mum now has her appointment, 25th Jan, but she has to go all the way to Stevenage for it, which is a bit of a pain. Luckily there is a kind of village system for people to drive others to hospital (booster is not until April, thanks to this govt policy of delaying the second shot)

Comment

I had first jab yesterday (pfizer), second one booked for start of April. My arm is really really sore (couldn't sleep on it, struggling to lift if above the horizontal today) but otherwise feeling fine. I work at a GP surgery so getting priority there even though I'm not patient facing. Mrs Etienne who is a GP got jab 1 before Christmas and was due to have jab 2 yesterday but that's been cancelled and no word of when it might be rebooked. She's had no ill effects at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                          I had first jab yesterday (pfizer), second one booked for start of April. My arm is really really sore (couldn't sleep on it, struggling to lift if above the horizontal today) but otherwise feeling fine. I work at a GP surgery so getting priority there even though I'm not patient facing. Mrs Etienne who is a GP got jab 1 before Christmas and was due to have jab 2 yesterday but that's been cancelled and no word of when it might be rebooked. She's had no ill effects at all.
                                          Excellent! You're the first OTFer on the vaccine scoreboard. Please register as such in the poll and claim your prize.

Comment

Shouldn't it wait until I've had the second jab and completed the process?

Comment

My wife also reported a very sorry arm but nowt else

Comment

Shouldn't it wait until I've had the second jab and completed the process?
                                                Nope. First jab is sufficient, (for the purpose of OTF tabulation anyway).

Comment

There seems to be some anecdotal evidence that the side effects are more unpleasant after the second dose than the first.

Comment

Has there been any research (at all) on what effect delaying the second dose has on efficacy of the vaccine, or is the population of the UK now undergoing some sort of weird clinical trial that nobody's consented to?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X