No announcement yet.

The COVID-19 Vaccination Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My rough day was yesterday actually, drained and headache all day. Back to normal today!

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
      We get little cards showing we've had both.
      Plus your vaccination history is available in the NHS app and can be exported via QR code. I assume for some future travel-related evidencing of status.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
        Do you get vaccination certificates?
        Got the card but my NHS app had also updated my results within 24 hours of the jab.

If you haven't downloaded and registered for the general NHS app (not COVID 19 one) I recommend it, it's outstanding. It tasks some time to register fully, due to the amount of sensitive data they are giving you permission to view, so id scans and video confirmations are required, but the level of data it contains is incredible. Plus, it gives you your vaccine passport, should it be required.

edit: crusoe beat me to it!

Comment

If I don't get both a badge and a lollipop after my second jab then I'm having a tantrum.

Comment

Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee View Post

Got the card but my NHS app had also updated my results within 24 hours of the jab.

If you haven't downloaded and registered for the general NHS app (not COVID 19 one) I recommend it, it's outstanding. It tasks some time to register fully, due to the amount of sensitive data they are giving you permission to view, so id scans and video confirmations are required, but the level of data it contains is incredible. Plus, it gives you your vaccine passport, should it be required.

edit: crusoe beat me to it!
            I did all that a few weeks ago in anticipation of it being useful when I get my second. Speaking of which I've just got a text bringing forward my second from 4 July to next Wednesday, which is most welcome (not least because I want to be doing something else on 4 July). Son and daughter are also both booked in for their first next week, and I knew some at work have had their second accelerated, so anecdotally it does feel like things are really moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

We get little cards showing we've had both.
              Yeah. That's it they're called certificates here, presumably because it sounds more substantial.

Comment

Collapsed into the arms of Morpheus at 8:00pm last night. Woke at 6:30am,appear to have barely moved all night. Pain in right shoulder — where injection is — has gradually worn off during the day. Otherwise everything is hunky dory.

Comment

Chalk me up for the double-vaxxed team as of today.

Nothing to report really, I'm feeling lazy and lethargic, but that probably isn't anything to do with the jab.

Comment

Had my second (Oxford AZ) jag this morning at the Louisa Jordan (i.e. at the Hydro in Glasgow). That's exactly eleven weeks after the first dose. All very efficient - had to queue for about 15 minutes altogether. Mrs. Jdsx had hers there two days ago. No side effects yet....

Comment

My 18-year-old daughter had her first (Pfizer) jab this morning at St. George's Hospital, ignoring my efforts to get her to go to Stamford Bridge.

Meanwhile my area is undergoing surge testing. Infection rates were very high a couple of weeks ago but seem to be falling quite steadily, so this seems a bit late and perhaps unnecessary, but I'll pop up to the local testing venue tomorrow.

Comment

According to national radio this morning we are having surge testing in this borough which didn't surprise me as infection rates have risen a lot over the past few weeks. But there's been nothing on the local news so I'm wondering if it is being targeted in certain areas. The borough only reached 50% first doses last week. Apparently the age profile is particularly young here.

Comment

I read somewhere yesterday, can't remember where, that because the Oxford AZ jab is not fully approved in the US, anyone who has received that jab elsewhere would not be considered vaccinated for the purposes of travel to the US if it becomes a requirement. Does anyone know if that's true? Would be slightly annoying as I may have to travel to the US for work at some point, though presumably if it is true, I'd just have to have a course of something like Pfizer first, similar to other pre-travel vaccinations.

Comment

Mentioned on the main COVID thread by me, Balders. I heard it in relation to people wanting to attend a Bruce Springsteen concert somewhere near New York (so on 6Music News), rather than travel related. It was mostly Canadians who were impacted. But it’s true that the FDA hasn’t approved the AZ/Ox vaccine as yet. And that does raise the possibility of travel bans if they don’t eventually get the nod.
                            As it stands the UK is on an increasing amount of other countries red lists anyway, including the US IIRC, due to increasing case numbers. That might pressure the UK government into a change of strategy that doesn’t allow the “not too many people are dying, live with it” policy they are currently pursuing.

Comment

The concerts are the new series of Springsteen on Broadway, which is the first Broadway production to re-open.

The US does not have a vaccination exemption of any sort for arrivals from overseas. When UK arrivals are again allowed, I would expect that they would all need to supply evidence of a recent negative test, as is currently the case with arrivals (including US citizens) from countries that are not restricted.

Comment

https://twitter.com/dawnhfoster/status/1406990148169089024

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                  Mentioned on the main COVID thread by me, Balders. I heard it in relation to people wanting to attend a Bruce Springsteen concert somewhere near New York (so on 6Music News), rather than travel related. It was mostly Canadians who were impacted. But it’s true that the FDA hasn’t approved the AZ/Ox vaccine as yet. And that does raise the possibility of travel bans if they don’t eventually get the nod.
                                  As it stands the UK is on an increasing amount of other countries red lists anyway, including the US IIRC, due to increasing case numbers. That might pressure the UK government into a change of strategy that doesn’t allow the “not too many people are dying, live with it” policy they are currently pursuing.
                                  The ban has been lifted

Canadians fully immunized with two shots of the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine may now attend a highly anticipated Broadway production featuring Bruce Springsteen, but at least one Canadian hoping to take in the show still has questions about whether or not he can attend.

Comment

As of July 5, fully-vaccinated Canadians and permanent residents will be spared from current post-travel quarantine restrictions on return to Canada as long as they test negative for COVID-19, the federal government announced today.

Comment

At first glance he looks like he's flipping us off, rather than giving us the thumbs up.

Comment

Maybe we should have a "mascots being vaccinated" thread.

Comment

Like, with this guy I'm wondering if it got jabbed with a correspondingly over-sized needle?

Comment

Buenos Aires is now tearing through the age groups. Lots of questions about the low number of fully vaccinated folk still, but it seems the priority is to get at least one dose to as many as possible as soon as possible. About nine days after they opened registration for 45–49 year olds, on Tuesday registration will open for 40–44 year olds. The next cohort after that will be my turn. Having spent most of the first five months of the year doubting I'd get the chance this year, it now looks like I might actually have to hold off for a week at first because if I were to go for a jab and get hit hard by side effects it might fuck up my Copa América commentary schedule.

AstraZeneca finally arriving (which I know I've moaned about more than once but it really was scandalous) seems to have made a huge difference.

Comment

just had me first jab of pfizer, and feel invincible, like a god

Comment

Are you sure that was a vaccine jab?

Comment

might be the cans i was drinking in the queue tbh

Comment

Not really sure which thread to post this on, but I'll go with this one. Argentina's Sputnik V production lab has produced its first lot of 450,000 doses in Argentina. Needs to go through checks before being distributed, but this should be great news for the whole region. They reckon they get up to production of 5 million doses per month once they're into a rhythm, which can only help vaccine distribution in the rest of South America.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X