The COVID-19 Vaccination Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
    44 year olds now allowed them in the UK, with 40-43 year olds expected later this week.

Which is scant consolation for this 47 year old who is still not allowed one.

Where are you currently as regards getting things sorted out?

Comment

They have raised a fault form, which takes 5-7 working days. Day 7 is tomorrow, so I'll know more then

Comment

Oh well, best wishes for a speedy and successful outcome.

I was chatting to a friend a few days ago and he seems to have a similar issue, based around his GP registration or something. Mind you, he doesn't seem in any rush to have a jab, ostensibly because of the side-effects that his partner suffered with but, given that a bus driver friend of his died of the virus, still rather an odd position to take.

Comment

I'm now 48 hours post-jab and had feared entering the stage some have described above, about when effects kick in, but I feel as fit as a fiddle. Well, a cello in my case but anyway. Slight ache in my arm but that's receded overnight.

Comment

I'm nearly at the 48 hour stage and also seem to have escaped lightly, felt a bit rough last night but slept extremely well and feel OK now, a bit drained but as it turns out I'm not in work today as Mrs D's latest medical procedure has overrun and requires me to supervise her tonight. Paracetamol as suggested has done the trick in preventing and lessening side effects.

Releasing the vaccine today to a single year group seems a bit odd, I wonder if it's ahead of a switch to Moderna for the younger set.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
              Releasing the vaccine today to a single year group seems a bit odd.
              They did that when they moved below 65. It was offered to 64 year-olds for a few days before widening it to 60 and over.

Comment

No side effect issues on my 2nd shot (Pfizer), as far as I could tell.

Some stories lately (my concern upthread) about people having difficulty getting 2nd shot and giving up. I guess we'll see the consequences of that soon.

My extremely nice (and older) neighbors seem unwilling/unlikely to get vaccines. I tried to emphasize that they really should, but I'm bad at that type of persuasion. Worrying.

Comment

Timisoara, a town in Romania held a 3 day vaccination festival this last weekend where people could just show up and get a shot without any appointment. Think it was a huge success (the problem here is that we're reaching the point where people need to be encouraged to have it). Other towns are intending to follow suit though it seems to me that the bigger uptake problem is in the rural areas

Comment

The number of people failing to follow through on the second shot is one reason the US has been trying to make sure that the J&J vaccine is back in the mix as soon as possible. Particularly for the kinds of communities that may be hard to find for their second shots - homeless people, itinerant workers, and so on, are the obvious candidates, but frankly it would make sense for a lot of the more, erm, “red state” types who’re kind of reticent about their first vaccine.

Comment

We've now administered more than one billion doses of Covid-19 vaccine worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                        Timisoara, a town in Romania
                        Surely Timisoara has got to be in the top 2 highest profile Romanian cities? It's the only one other than Bucharest that I could name off the top of my head (maybe also Cluj as in CFR Cluj, assuming that's a city and not a Raith Rovers type situation)

Comment

After Bucharest Romania has 5 or 6 roughly equal second cities (Timisoara, Cluj, Brasov, Iasi, Constanta, Craiova)

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                            Surely Timisoara has got to be in the top 2 highest profile Romanian cities? It's the only one other than Bucharest that I could name off the top of my head (maybe also Cluj as in CFR Cluj, assuming that's a city and not a Raith Rovers type situation)
                            Is this because of the revolution starting there? There would have been quite a long time where I would only have known of Bucharest and Timisoara, while not knowing if timisoara was a city or a village. (our revolution started at a crossroads, you can't make assumptions) Gotta say the centre looks amazing in pictures.

I got a phonecall yesterday from a stressed sounding Sylvia in my doctor's office, asking me if I'd had my shot, I said no, then she asked me if I wanted oYES! The appointment was for 10 minutes after my mam's second one, so any feelings I may have had about getting it have been rather crowded out by the explosion of smugness and glee from certain people who see a potential end to cocooning.

No ill effects so far other than likening a friend of mine to George hook and calling him a sexist in a whatsapp chat. But I think there was a risk of that happening either way, but sure what can you do.

Comment

I've been here long enough now to no longer have any idea about what places people have likely to have heard of.

Comment

44 year olds now allowed them in the UK, with 40-43 year olds expected later this week.

Which is scant consolation for this 47 year old who is still not allowed one.
                                No consolation but you’re not alone, the GP’s records show that I’ve been offered and indeed received my first jab but it’s news to me. The staff there are thankfully pushing to get records changed but admit they’re not that sure how that’s done.

It does suggest someone possibly pitched up clutching my letter at the surgery a few weeks ago and got their vaccine done then. Not usually one for wishing ill on anyone, but if that is the case, I hope they got all the side effects.

Comment

Now anyone born before 1 July 1979.

Still not quite there yet...

Comment

I was booked for later in May through the NHS but my surgery contacted me today to offer one more locally and earlier, so I'm booked in for my second next week.

Comment

P has hers booked now. First on May 14th. Woohoo!

Comment

In the Netherlands they've just started calling the 66 - 69 year old. Things are starting to speed up a bit but the main problems still appear to be shortage of vaccines rather than infrastructural.

Working today, people seem to be being reasonably sensible about King's Day. Last year the whole country was like a morgue. Its such a shame. Its usually such a great day. Very child orientated and patriotism at its best. Modest, almost self - parodying, friendly, uninhibited, and non - threatening.

The first unrestricted KD when all this shit is over is going to be wonderful, and I recommend anyone here booking a flight to Amsterdam when that happens.

Comment

I get my second Moderna on the 4th. The first was fine, a little pain for about 2 days. Got it done at UNLV, and they have got their system sorted. No fuss, 30 minutes, in and out.

Comment

great to hear about everyone getting their jabs

do read this thread, though

https://twitter.com/doctorow/status/1387078745169698816?s=20

Comment

Apparently they're looking for test subjects for a new vaccine in the Southampton area. As this seems to be the only way I can get a jab, despite my age, I've signed up for it.

Comment

Apparently they're looking for test subjects for a new vaccine in the Southampton area. As this seems to be the only way I can get a jab, despite my age, I've signed up for it.
                                                I thought they were supposed to have found what the problem is by now?

Comment

If there's anyone who ought to be on the NHS's radar, I'd say it was probably you pebblethefish

Comment

Anyone still had side-effects a week in? All the fever, neausea etc. has long gone but I'm still completely exhausted with bouts of dizziness, mild headaches and not being able to focus on anything. I thought it was finally gone today but it hit me like a ton of bricks mid-afternoon and I feel like complete shit again. Gah.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X