No announcement yet.

The COVID-19 Vaccination Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got mine done on Tuesday. AZ. No reactions at all. Having said that, really cold at the moment but I think that is down to it being bloody cold.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
      Stockholm currently vaccinating the over-70s, but only half the people are showing up. Because you have to book online through a digital portal using your e-identity app thing. And, somewhat predictably, the over-70s aren't big into that kind of tech.

This country is run by absolute muppets.
      That's the same in Romania. And I'm prepared to guess that rural Romanian over 70s are even less likely to be tech savvy than their Swedish counterparts.

Luckily in places I'm aware of, local government has taken it upon themselves to make this happen. In our village the mayor's office has hired a bunch of young people to go house to house and sign everyone up

Comment

Isn't there a phone number option? We have online registration here, but there's a number you can call too. Online is a 24 hour service, call-in 7:00am–7:00pm. There are loads of volunteers, and paid temps, so getting through isn't an issue, or wasn't when we did it. Can't fault the support, only the lack of vaccine supply, it's slow and sporadic. 23% of the Canadian population with one jab so far.

Comment

My parents had their second Pfizer jab yesterday, no side effects for either of them from either dose.

Comment

Well, after my petulant moan the other day, turns out I just got a vaccine appointment invite. Not even a scam one. Hopefully this means the supply situation is better than I feared, and not that takeup is low.

Comment

For my earlier complaint, the previous worry (moan) about when to do 2nd shots has swung the totally opposite way, as the county mass vaccination center has gone to great pains to remind everyone that only certain days have certain shots and to reschedule if necessary, and to call if confused. I've got three e-mails this week, and this was after I'd already scheduled my second (next Friday) and had already chosen the correct day. Hopeful that people who were initially confused (like me) get it sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                Well, after my petulant moan the other day, turns out I just got a vaccine appointment invite. Not even a scam one. Hopefully this means the supply situation is better than I feared, and not that takeup is low.
                Oi! Wait your turn youngster!

Comment

(as you may be able to tell, I'm still struggling to book an appointment. Despite being 47 and reading my NHS number off a letter from the NHS telling me that I'm extremely vulnerable, neither the GP surgery nor the 119 Helpline seem to be able to help (the 119 helpline keep asking me to ring 119, which isn't very helpful). The last person I spoke to did seem more helpful than the rest, and has raised a fault form and advised me to try again early next week)

Comment

I booked mine this morning via this link - dead easy and has booked not only my first apptment but my second (in fact you have to do both bookings). You do need your NHS number to hand. My nearest vaccination centre is in Preston so not immediately round the corner but I'll take that. Especially as it let me choose my preferred date and time. I get my first one next Saturday at half eleven, so I could be (outside) a pub by noon.

https://www.nhs.uk/covid-vaccination
                    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 16-04-2021, 14:57.

Comment

I'm scheduled for next Thursday at the hospital. Not sure which one I'll get. I don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                        Are you getting yours done on the bus?

That's where Mrs AE has been invited to get hers done.

Comment

Yup. Almost tempted to do it at The Valley just to be able to be inside a football ground, but didn't seem worth the risk/hassle.

Comment

Well, I got mine done this morning. It wsa a tiny bit of a faff, having to get from East Worthing to Chichester on the train, but when I got there it was pretty quiet, all things considered. Certainly no queues, the whiteboard on the wall said they'd vaccinated 36,800 people since it opened as a vaccination centre (under normal circumstances it's the sports centre). All well on the symptoms front too, so far. My arm ached for about five minutes a couple of hours ago, but I popped some paracetomol on the way home and feel okay, though from what I've read it can take up to 24 hours for the symptoms to really show themselves. I'm really tired, but there's seldom a time when I'm not.

Comment

First Pfizer jab just done. Left arm ... a bit sore at the moment, but nothing else so far. Next one Aug 6th.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                First Pfizer jab just done. Left arm ... a bit sore at the moment, but nothing else so far. Next one Aug 6th.
                                They gave you a date! I'm shocked.

Comment

I’ve avoided COVID threads for months, but if a record is being kept I had my first AZ just under three weeks ago. Underlying medical condition bumped me up as the rollout here generally is a fiasco.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post

They gave you a date! I'm shocked.
                                    When I booked my first date, the system automatically gave me the second.

Comment

Ah. I see. The way things are going I wouldn't expect it to be written in stone.

Comment

Just had jab 2.

Comment

Jab one yesterday, Astra Zeneca. No side-effects whatsoever, so far at least.

Comment

I'm in the gang, really well organised. Wandered in ten minutes early for my appointment, and was out ten minutes later. Got the AZ

Comment

My.mum and older sister had their seconds yesterday and today. One Pfizer, one AZ. No side effects so far apart from sore arms.

Comment

About twenty minutes after I posted on here yesterday, I went. It was the strangest type of tiredness. I was standing in the kitchen and it just completely overwhelmed me, I went to the living room, laid down on the sofa and fell asleep for three hours.

Just an ache in my upper left arm and a feeling of general listlessness all day today, though, which could be worse. It's like being tired without feeling tired, if that makes sense. I spent about half an hour trying to nap earlier and couldn't get to sleep.

Comment

Yeah, no ill effects other than a surprisingly sore arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                                    Ah. I see. The way things are going I wouldn't expect it to be written in stone.
                                                    I figure they should have a lot of the supply bugs worked out in four months' time. But I'm an optimist.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X