No announcement yet.

The COVID-19 Vaccination Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got on, and it told me that I'm not eligible, despite being 47.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
      The website is now offering all over 45s the chance to book.
      I meant to clarify that in my post but omitted it in my excitement. Top tip for those still to do it - when you get through to the confirmation screen, screenshot everything because even though I put an email address and mobile number in, I haven't had anything from them - but I knew this also happened to one of my mates when he had his, so I took screenshots of everything in sight.

I also got to book my 2nd dose in July, though the choice was very limited.

Comment

I got on the government website and got mine booked this morning. I've got to go to Chichester for it (about 25 minutes on the train), but they had appointments from the end of this week, so I've booked it for Friday morning, the second for twelve weeks later.

Comment

The vaccination programme is quite handy for getting an idea of OTF's demographic profile, or certainly the UK cohort.

Comment

Website worked fine for me, both appointments booked, first one on Saturday week and then July 12, both at Huddersfield Town's stadium. The earliest option was next Tuesday, but that's my 49th birthday and didn't want to have to confirm my d.o.b. and receive birthday greetings from the jabbers.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
              Website worked fine for me, both appointments booked, first one on Saturday week and then July 12, both at Huddersfield Town's stadium. The earliest option was next Tuesday, but that's my 49th birthday and didn't want to have to confirm my d.o.b. and receive birthday greetings from the jabbers.

I hear that they make you stand on a table while they sing "Happy Birthday" and wave sparklers around.

Or is that TGI Friday? Same difference.

Comment

Website still saying I am ineligible. NHS helpline can't help as they only have access to the same website. GP surgery say I need to wait till I get a text from them.

Comment

More blood clot problems with a vaccine. This time it's the Johnson and Johnson jab: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56733715

Comment

6 cases in 6 million doses. I have to say that I think suspending it seems like a massive over-reaction. Even though there is a lot of supply of other vaccines, J&J fills a crucial gap. And saves a lot more lives than the 6 cases of blood clotting risk. I

do think that perhaps they could suspend its use in women under 50, say, as that seems to be where the problem largely lies. But a blanket suspension seems odd, although conveniently timed to align with the large drop in J&J supply because of the manufacturing cock-up.

Comment

The J&J/Janssen jab is a viral vector vaccine like the AZ one so that's not a total surprise. Hopefully that's not what they were hoping to use on under-30s in the UK. Sputnik V is the other main viral vector one I think so it'll be interesting to see if there are similar reports of blood clots

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                        Website still saying I am ineligible. NHS helpline can't help as they only have access to the same website. GP surgery say I need to wait till I get a text from them.

That's odd. As long as your birth date confirms that you're in an eligible age group that should be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                          The J&J/Janssen jab is a viral vector vaccine like the AZ one so that's not a total surprise. Hopefully that's not what they were hoping to use on under-30s in the UK. Sputnik V is the other main viral vector one I think so it'll be interesting to see if there are similar reports of blood clots

They'll give the under-30s the Moderna or Pfizer jabs, I'd have thought. Shame about the J and J one though. Single-dose vaccines at the end of the programme would have been handy as regards an early completion date.

Comment

Booked mine an hour ago, no issues booking Excel centre and will be going there tomorrow and on June 30.

As Walt said, screenshot everything on the confirmation page. I thought I'd list everything as no confirmation email or SMS came. Fortunately, when I reopened the page in the history of my browser, everything was still there, phew!

Apologies to those who don't yet have access to the vaccine (including my 76 year old mother in law who has chronic pulmonary issues), but I'm so relieved to know I have both vaccines booked.

Comment

I do wonder if these blood clotting problems are limited to contraceptive pill users.

Comment

It won't be the complete answer. A man in his 50s died of a rare clot. His sister was on the news saying people should still take the vaccine. He was unlikely to have been taking the contraceptive pill.

Also, I think the types of blood clots caused by the pill and the AZ vaccine may be different e.g. those caused by the pill are likely to be deep vein thrombosis / clots in the legs, whereas the ones caused by AZ are rarer and in the brain.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post

Yeah, I think I read that the vaccines still provide 100% protection against serious illness and death in the case of the South African variant. That would have been hailed as miraculous news in April 2020. Now the media is bitching because the vaccines aren't as effective in protecting from mild infection for all variants. How spoiled we have become.
                                  Anecdotally I know of one woman who was hospitalized with covid after having been vaccinated, though she was also not in great health in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by steveeeeeeeee View Post
                                    Booked mine an hour ago, no issues booking Excel centre and will be going there tomorrow and on June 30.

As Walt said, screenshot everything on the confirmation page. I thought I'd list everything as no confirmation email or SMS came. Fortunately, when I reopened the page in the history of my browser, everything was still there, phew!

Apologies to those who don't yet have access to the vaccine (including my 76 year old mother in law who has chronic pulmonary issues), but I'm so relieved to know I have both vaccines booked.
                                    The relief on our work team call this morning was palpable - when I got a text about it at about 8am I put it on our team whatsapp group as I knew someone in my team was born a few weeks after me, and thought it would be relevant to a couple more (for themselves or their partners) and by the time of our morning call at 9.30 everyone in question had got booked.

Comment

If they're opening up to 45+ today, seems unlikely they're going to stick to the 17th for 40+. Grr. 3.7m 45-49 year olds apparently. And roughly 24m people who need a second dose. And we're down to about 100k a day.
                                      Last edited by Ginger Yellow; 13-04-2021, 14:39.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                          If they're opening up to 45+ today, seems unlikely they're going to stick to the 17th for 40+. Grr. 3.7m 45-49 year olds apparently. And roughly 24m people who need a second dose. And we're down to about 100k a day.
                                          I've just posted the data from yesterday and even allowing for it being a Sunday were well above 100k GY. Last week saw an average of 500k doses a day, but with about 80% being second doses.

Comment

Ah, fair point. The data I was looking at was first doses:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

Still. That's at least a month to get through the 45-year olds just on first doses. And it does seem like the overall rate is slowing from late March.
                                            Last edited by Ginger Yellow; 13-04-2021, 15:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                              Ah, fair point. The data I was looking at was first doses:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

Still. That's at least a month to get through the 45-year olds just on first doses. And it does seem like the overall rate is slowing from late March.
                                              Hopefully the supply will increase and you'll get yours soon.

It's interesting to see they've allowed a 5 year group to book their vaccine this time, previously it was only 2 or 3. Might that mean there's going to be an increase in supply again?

Comment

FFS, rein yourselves in. Stand up and look around Boris land and have a think. You could be African or Eastern European frontline healthworkers.

Comment

Wife got her second Pfizer shot yesterday, no apparent ill effects other than being a bit tired and a sore arm. I got mine this morning, will report back on symptoms.

The clots associated with the vaccines are different from the clots associated with birth control, these are much rarer and more dangerous (also the rates for clots and birth control are closer to 1 in 1000).

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                                                    FFS, rein yourselves in. Stand up and look around Boris land and have a think. You could be African or Eastern European frontline healthworkers.
                                                    Don't be a dick. People can be concerned about their own health while at the same time being aware of their privilege. This is OTF not the Daily Express letters page,

Comment

Working...
                                                    X