No announcement yet.

The COVID-19 Vaccination Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I noted earlier, I got the J&J on Sunday. Yesterday I felt absolutely miserable - muscle aches, chills, headache, exhaustion. This morning I've improved somewhat, but I'm still not back to normal.

Comment

My Moderna'd left arm has been aching since yesterday evening. I'm now convinced they've put something stronger than water into the shoulder. No fevers or chills or any of the other regular side-effects yet, but all the reports say that it's the second dose of Moderna that really fucks you up.

Comment

Increase in the vaccination numbers but only a small one, up from 95k to 105k.

Comment

The 10 worst performing states in the US in terms of vaccinating people are:

Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, Texas, South Carolina, Indiana, Louisiana and Idaho.

I wonder if we can find any common theme here?

(The next 10 are MIssouri, Utah, Nevada, North Carolina, Oregon, Michigan, Florida. Wyoming, Kansas and Ohio - the correlation isn't quite so strong, but it remains pretty pronounced).

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post

You'd get more housework done if you did it before shoulders.
            Hahaha, you liked the music on that workout, I have a few more that I need to upload.

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
            I am worried my vaccine won't work as I haven't posted about it on social media.
            Hahahaha, Classic.

Comment

So I went and got an an armful of Pfizer this afternoon. It was all pretty laid back at the rec centre, lots of volunteers (or underemployed tourism workers) to ease all us low-70s through the process. They'd even chosen an age appropriate music mix. Unfortunately Knockin' on Heavens Door was playing as I arrived, which caused some ripples of amusement. I was in and out in half an hour, and half of that was waiting to see if there were any immediate reactions. I asked when my second dose was due, "No idea." said the the nurse. "In four months" sang a chorus of tourism workers. So there you go, or at least I did.

Comment

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1379621738850422787

Comment

https://twitter.com/nationalwales/status/1379690825500790785?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by gt3 View Post
                    This 54 y/o is getting his on Thursday...at Charlton Athletic FC!
                    Ask if you can take a penalty while you’re there.

Comment

Got mine done yesterday. I’m a 57 year old with MS, who can’t drive anymore. The first two appointments they gave me was when my wife was working. So third time lucky, I got it done at home.

Comment

https://twitter.com/IfNotNowOrg/status/1379772154624024585?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                          Increase in the vaccination numbers but only a small one, up from 95k to 105k.
                          272k yesterday.
                          Last edited by hobbes; 07-04-2021, 20:35.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post

272k yesterday.
                            Do we know what the split was between 1st and 2nd doses?

Comment

85k first, 187k second

Comment

It's looking like the priority is all over 50s and those with existing health conditions are to have both jabs.

Or that there really is a shortage.

Comment

It looks like it might be both

The pace of first-dose vaccinations looks set to slow significantly for several weeks after a downwards revision in official forecasts and a delay in the import of 5 million doses from India now expected to last until at least June.

A modelling paper produced for the Sage scientific advisory committee said the pace of England’s vaccination programme could be squeezed to 2.7m a week until the end of July, leaving little surplus for first doses until tens of millions of second doses had been administered.[...]

In England, the requirement for second doses in England rises to between 2.1m and 2.4m a week from the middle of April, in response to the speeding up of the vaccination programme during January. On paper, that leaves only a small surplus for new first doses of a few hundred thousand a week.
                                  (Classic bit of Graun sub-editing at the start of that last paragraph)

Comment

Gah. I was really hoping on getting a first shot in late April/early May, but that's probably not going to happen, is it? Anyone know how many 40-50 year-olds there are?

Comment

8.5 million, apparently :-/

Though a chunk of them will have been in the earlier priority groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                        Gah. I was really hoping on getting a first shot in late April/early May, but that's probably not going to happen, is it? Anyone know how many 40-50 year-olds there are?
                                        https://www.statista.com/statistics/...lation-by-age/

8.42m in 2019 according to that page. It's actually the smallest cohort among working age adults, there's a noticeable drop off in the 40-44 range. So it might not take that long to get through us, bearing in mind health workers and the vulnerable, as FB notes above.
                                        Last edited by jwdd27; 07-04-2021, 22:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                          That SNL joke that the Boomers are all getting vaccinated and then bringing up the drawbridge, just like they've done with everything else like free education, and pensions...

Perhaps it's not so much of a joke.

Comment

Did they mention how many Boomers have died or have Long COVID?

Comment

So my partner had the first AZ jab last week and Spain has now suspended its use to over 60s only; leaving it unclear how and indeed if the second vaccination will take place.
                                              Last edited by Sporting; 08-04-2021, 04:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                                                It looks like it might be both

(Classic bit of Graun sub-editing at the start of that last paragraph)
                                                My wife (44) very lucky to have had hers already then, it seems...

Comment

P pointed out something when we were discussing this last night. The chances of getting blood clots while on the pill are hugely greater than the risk from the AZ jab. But doctors don't bother to tell women about it. And they're like 1 in 1000 during pregnancy. Which also doesn't get mentioned much.

Some idea of comparative risk would be useful from them in charge so people can make an educated decision.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                                    P pointed out something when we were discussing this last night. The chances of getting blood clots while on the pill are hugely greater than the risk from the AZ jab. But doctors don't bother to tell women about it. And they're like 1 in 1000 during pregnancy. Which also doesn't get mentioned much.

Some idea of comparative risk would be useful from them in charge so people can make an educated decision.
                                                    Indeed. Isn't there also a risk with tampons, some kind of toxic shock?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X