The COVID-19 Vaccination Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
    Needs a new thread really but why does a dishwasher need to be put on three times a day?
    It is a tiny slimline dishwasher and we have four people in the house, so four lots of breakfast bowls, four lunch and dinner plates, cutlery, saucepans, glasses, mugs, etc, would account for at least two dishwasher loads, and there were some extra pans from baking yesterday. Sometimes if we've been busy in the week and haven't put the dishwasher on three times a day, I can end up putting it on six times a day at the weekend.

Comment

Be a single parent for a while before complaining to me about housework (smiley winky thingy)! Though thankfully my dishwasher's large enough that I can go a couple of days without needing to run it.

Back to the thread topic, I am now fully vaccinated (bar the waiting for it to take effect), having just got my J&J shot an hour or so ago. The whole thing was very efficient, and they were clearly processing tons of people - it took me 20 minutes from when I got to the back of the line to when I got my shot, then another 15 minutes waiting before they let me drive off. The only concern was that they made me drive (albeit not very far) immediately after they injected me (it was all done in the car), which as someone prone to passing out was a bit worrying.

Comment

I have zero idea how single parents manage and it mystifies me that they are vilified instead of being rightfully held up on pedestals as shining examples of the limits of human endurance.

We've now administered 581 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine worldwide, equivalent to 7.4% of the world's population getting one dose.

Comment

I had second dose pfizer on Thursday. Sore arm again but not as bad as last time. Had a nosebleed on Saturday which might have been a side effect, I don't often get them. Bit of a headache, but that was probably the kids. Otherwise well. Couple of our medical friends had a 24 hour fever afterwards.

Comment

Yeah I had a day of fever and feeling shitty after my second Pfizer. Kicked in about 18 hours after the actual injection

Comment

This is kind of the ephemeral thing that nobody will remember or won't care about in the long run, but at the moment, getting the 2nd shot scheduled is looking more difficult than the first. Was told to watch the mass vaccination website on April 1st for appointments to get my 2nd on the 20th. No updates on the website and no appointments were even 'on the calendar', with a note saying that appointment times were updated weekly. I checked a few more times on the 1st and then again on the 2nd - Nothing.

By yesterday (the 4th), appointments were actually on the calendar, but nothing is available to book on the 20th... and I am limited as to which day to get the Pfizer versus the Moderna. (They rotate which the site is using by day.) A secondary mass vaccination site is doing Moderna only.

Long story short, it is looking like I may have to scramble a bit to find somebody able to give the 2nd Pfizer dose in that window between 3 - 6 weeks after. Hope I'm wrong, because if I have to do it, a lot of other people are in the same situation, and at least locally, our vaccination rate is going to be unreliable.

Comment

I've got my Moderna booked for later today (I'll report back later), and when booking it at CVS they automatically put the second shot in the calendar at the same time. You had the option to opt out, but the default was getting the second one on the books immediately.

Comment

It's been in my system about an hour, apparently. But I did't feel a thing and now I'm wondering whether it was all a fake-out. I'll definitely watch them on the second dose. The pharmacy in Methuen seemed to be pretty fast and efficient, doing maybe one person every two or three minutes. If every pharmacy in the country is churning people through like that, no wonder we're increasing the rate of things.

The weirdest thing is that they kept us in the store for 15 minutes after the shot for "observation", although I wasn't observed at all. I just wandered around "shopping". It feels strange to be kept indoors with loads of other people just after being vaccinated when the vaccine hasn't taken hold yet.

Comment

That does sound odd, at the site I went to they had chairs all properly spaced and you were told to sit for 15 minutes, then put a slip of paper on your seat before you left -- the slip of paper had the time of the shot on it and there were guards at the door, my presumption is that anybody leaving before the time was up would be told to sit back down.

Comment

The missus asked if I was feeling any side-effects. I said I was feeling a bit slow in the head. She said "But is there anything that's different to normal?"

Comment

Blimey - they've still not officially opened up vaccinations to under 50s in the UK. It seems as if ancedotally a lot of under 50s are being contacted, but it's not official on their site yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

I easily do at least 2 hours of housework a day.
                          I think I need to learn game lessons from Rogin,
                          You'd get more housework done if you did it before shoulders.

Comment

I got my first shot today as Illinois, and in particular Cook County, is finally getting its shit together. Went to a mass vaccination center that had about 80 bays providing Pfizer vaccines. It was running like a machine with all the military involved (initial check-in, full check-in and then looking after everyone on the 15 min wait).

Favorite bit was the Army guy letting everyone know to raise their arm if they felt any symptoms and after your 15 minutes (which you are to monitor) "you are dismissed".

Comment

National Guard/Army Reserve, I presume?

Would be a strange role for active duty personnel, but it is Cook County.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                National Guard/Army Reserve, I presume?

Would be a strange role for active duty personnel, but it is Cook County.
                                I assume Guard, but they all had Army fatigues and lapels on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimski View Post
                                  Blimey - they've still not officially opened up vaccinations to under 50s in the UK. It seems as if ancedotally a lot of under 50s are being contacted, but it's not official on their site yet.

I suspect that the UK's vaccine supplies are running pretty low at the moment. Under 100,000 jabs administered in the last 24-hour period, which probably hasn't been seen since the very start of the programme.

Comment

I am worried my vaccine won't work as I haven't posted about it on social media.

Comment

We like to think of OTF as the upper echelon of the form, so you're well covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

I suspect that the UK's vaccine supplies are running pretty low at the moment. Under 100,000 jabs administered in the last 24-hour period, which probably hasn't been seen since the very start of the programme.
                                        Could that not also be because it's Easter?

It's 20% of the vaccinations administered during the peak days of the programme. I wonder how many of those were second doses?

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

That's just first jabs though. Second doses are climbing instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

Could that not also be because it's Easter?

It's 20% of the vaccinations administered during the peak days of the programme. I wonder how many of those were second doses?

I suspect that it being a holiday weekend was a factor, but supply issues this month were flagged up a few weeks ago so the drop isn't that big of a surprise.

I think it was about 50/50 first and second doses. This is probably the best place for UK vaccination data: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

Let's see what case, mortality and vaccination figures look like after today's and tomorrow's number have been released and averaged out. That will give us a better idea as to where we currently stand. Cases seem to have started moving downwards again, which is encouraging, and I'm looking to see if we can get some of the daily mortality statistics into single figures. The daily average is currently 35.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post

That's just first jabs though. Second doses are climbing instead.

It's been both in the last few days, though there is more of a focus on second doses at present as well as hitting the first dose mid-April target for the 50+ demographic.

Comment

It's good they're prioritising second doses now. I'd been a bit worried that they'd let the 3 month AZ gap slip a bit in a bid to get as many people "vaccinated" (i.e. first jab) as quickly as possible.

Comment

Irish teachers unions to ballot members on all options, up to and including strike action, unless they are moved up the queue for vaccines. That would include skipping police and other non medical emergency services, shop and delivery workers and everyone under 70. It's a hell of a hill to die on.

Comment

I think it's fair enough. Of the list you give, Shop workers should probably get theirs at the same time

Comment

Working...
                                                    X