No announcement yet.

The COVID-19 Vaccination Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to wait for 15 minutes here. As did my wife (I had Pfizer, she had AZ)

Comment

I know the website says over 55s but I've heard of a few over 50s being called in next week.

My advice is to bis online. It's clear they want everyone vaccinated and there's enough doses too.

Comment

I waited but that was because I'm bad with needles and asked to spend some time recovering, just in case. The last thing anyone needed was me collapsing.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
          No mandatory wait for me or my mother - so long as you're not driving it seems you're good to go. Having said that, my mate in the NHS in Norfolk said they were really strict with enforcing the 15 minutes down there.
          A friend of mine is very senior in the Norfolk vaccine roll out. That sounds about right. They're very lucky to have her.

The purpose of the 15 minute wait is to see if you have an anaphylactic shock to whatever is in the vaccine. The risk is extremely small, but can easily be dealt with if you're still in the venue. I don't know what it has to do with driving though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
            My wife didn't for her OAZ jab. However I managed to get a 65 quid fine for picking her up from a bus lane. Gross stupidity on my part
            Gross stupidity on her part. Whoever waits in a bus lane?

Comment

That's where I told her to wait. I hadn't realised that it was a bus lane.

Comment

https://twitter.com/chickasawnation/status/1370517300034560002?s=21

Comment

They took the whole Chickasaw Nation
                  Offered all a vaccination
                  Now Dublin's suspended OAZ
                  The day after a jab for me

Comment

I had my first shot yesterday. OAZ. Had booked one via the NHS website but 20 miles away on 21st March was nearest/soonest offered. Then had a text from my GP on Thursday offering one at one of their surgeries.

Turned up 20 mins earlier because there had been queues up the road but was whisked straight in and out again in 5 minutes. Was asked to sit in car for 15 minutes, so did so. Felt fine, went to the woods for a run, came home and had a curry and some red wine. Decided I wasn't going to do side-effects.

Today I've had a headache all day and insufficient energy to get dressed. That's where being a smartarse gets you.

Incidentally, my in-laws-to-be live in central Ireland, are in their 60s/70s and he has health issues, but they haven't had any indication on when they'll get their jabs.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
                      my in-laws-to-be
                      Congratulations!

Comment

Just got a WhatsApp from a mate saying that his wife had her first jab on Wednesday and today's the first day that she hasn't been suffering from headaches, tiredness and all-body aches.

Two days after my jab, my arm's still a little sore and I've been a bit more tired than usual, but nothing more than that.

Comment

I dunno if there is real science behind Ireland suspending AZ vaccinations or if it is a crude overreaction (my money is on the second), but I do know this will both fuck the rollout schedule and public acceptance of being given AZ jabs, which are the majority of the vaccines Ireland bought.

Oh and my mam's mate (a teaching asst) just got Covid in Scotland, she was due to get the jab very soon, but her primary 1 class just had an outbreak. Hurrah.
                          Last edited by Lang Spoon; 14-03-2021, 22:04.

Comment

Little children blah blah blah.

Hope she's OK LS.

Comment

Good piece by David Spiegelhalter (a bloody brilliant statistican) on the AZ vaccine/blood clot thing here:

There's no proof the Oxford vaccine causes blood clots. So why are people worried? | Vaccines and immunisation | The Guardian

I wonder how many additional lives will be lost as a result of the idiotic decisions by the Irish and Dutch governments to suspend AZ vaccinations. Utterly moronic over-reaction. Every bit as f**king stupid as anything the UK government has done on COVID so far.

Comment

Had an NHS letter last week (I'm 56 btw) and booked an appointment for this coming Thursday, but would have to travel around 12 miles into Sheffield Arena to get it done. Had a call this morning from my GP Surgery and have now booked in for first jab on Wednesday and have a 10 minute drive at most.

Comment

Originally posted by Evariste Euler Gauss View Post
                                  Good piece by David Spiegelhalter (a bloody brilliant statistican) on the AZ vaccine/blood clot thing here:

There's no proof the Oxford vaccine causes blood clots. So why are people worried? | Vaccines and immunisation | The Guardian

I wonder how many additional lives will be lost as a result of the idiotic decisions by the Irish and Dutch governments to suspend AZ vaccinations. Utterly moronic over-reaction. Every bit as f**king stupid as anything the UK government has done on COVID so far.
                                  Evidence of thrombosis and embolisms. I guess investigating that evidence is "utterly moronic" to you.

Comment

There are several independent pieces of evidence that this vaccine causes serious problems. It remains to be seen whether that evidence holds up. But while we're investigating that evidence, it stand to reason to pause injecting people with this stuff. There are multiple other vaccines on the market whose deployments needs not be put on hold.

The Hippocratic Oath includes "first, do no harm", not "damn the torpedoes".

Comment

There are multiple other vaccines on the market whose deployments needs not be put on hold.
                                      Available in short order in large enough quantities in the Netherlands to enable the overall pace of vaccination to proceed without major slow down? If so, then that would certainly alter the balance of advantage.

Comment

I'm on EEG's side here. A very small number of embolisms would seem to be less harmful than delaying hundreds of thousands of vaccinations for several weeks given that 200-300 people are dying every week from Covid in the Netherlands. If case counts were really low, then it would make sense to wait. I you were in Taiwan or New Zealand you might seriously consider waiting until supplies of other vaccines are available or further safety checks are done. In western Europe or the US that luxury is not available.

Comment

Coronavirus: WHO stresses no link between AstraZeneca vaccine and blood clots - BBC News

The World Health Organization has again stressed there is no evidence so far that the cases of blood clotting are linked to the administration of the AstraZeneca vaccine - in use in 65 countries.

Experts say cases of clotting in vaccinated people are lower than the number seen in the general population. About 17 million people in the EU and the UK have received a dose of the vaccine, with fewer than 40 cases of blood clots reported as of last week, AstraZeneca said.

Comment

There are several independent pieces of evidence that this vaccine causes serious problems
                                            Really? All I've heard of are reports of embolisms in numbers which barely suggest a correlation, much less a causation.

Comment

Not to mention the Oxford vaccine uses the same delivery system at the annual flu vaccine. Only the payload is different.
                                              I'm not an epidemiologist or a research scientist but I'd be more worried about how much sedentary living there has been during lockdowns, which is much more likely to be a cause of blood clots or embolisms.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                                Not to mention the Oxford vaccine uses the same delivery system at the annual flu vaccine. Only the payload is different.
                                                I'm not an epidemiologist or a research scientist but I'd be more worried about how much sedentary living there has been during lockdowns, which is much more likely to be a cause of blood clots or embolisms.
                                                Or indeed the fact you are more likely to suffer from an embolism/blood clot if you catch Covid

Comment

Have the other vaccines got lower incidences of (potentially associated) blood clots then?

Comment

I'm inclined to think that the suspension of AZ is an overreaction, though I also understand the reasoning. I'm not quite sure how it;s working to be honest - Romania suspended last week, but so far they are still using it, so i'm not sure what's going on there.

If the Netherlands (or any other EU country) is anything like Romania, however, the AZ vaccine only accounts for about 10% of current vaccination doses (Moderna similar, and Pfizer 75-80%), so it's not a huge brake being put on vaccinations.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X