Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be a terrific achievement.

Comment

I wasn't asked to book a 2nd jab when I had the first.
      So I just went onto the NHS site to manage appointments and it chastised me for not having a 2nd appointment already. So I'm booked for round two on May Day bank holiday.
      Of course, I didn't realise it was May Day so I booked for 08:30. Which will cost me a lie in.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
        So I just went onto the NHS site to manage appointments and it chastised me for not having a 2nd appointment already. So I'm booked for round two on May Day bank holiday.
        Of course, I didn't realise it was May Day so I booked for 08:30. Which will cost me a lie in.
        How odd. I shall try logging on the NHS app.

Ah, you said "the NHS site". What do you mean there?
        Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 02-03-2021, 12:14.

Comment

I'm booked for first shot next week. Hoping whatever I have has cleared up further by then.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

How odd. I shall try logging on the NHS app.

Ah, you said "the NHS site". What do you mean there?
            I just went here:-

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...s-vaccination/

And chose "manage my booking" and logged in with my NHS number.

Comment

Have an appointment for Thursday morning (Moderna)

Comment

Got my letter today.

Comment

So I just went onto the NHS site to manage appointments and it chastised me for not having a 2nd appointment already.
                  Hmm. I was told at my first jab last week that the NHS would contact me with an invitation to a second jab in the same way they had with the first. They didn't explicitly say "don't call us, we'll call you" but that was pretty implicit.

Comment

They didn't say anything about it when I was done.
                    The appointment is 12 weeks from my first anyway, so I'm not jumping any queues.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                      Got my letter today.
                      My wife got her's today.

Comment

I spoke to a colleague at work and was told that one of our teachers is getting her jab this weekend as she's used the site to book it by saying she's a frontline worker.

I'm not sure how ethical that is.

I've just checked and it appears you can do that, a simple lie and you get through the system and can book an appointment.

Comment

There are no plans for mass vaccination in Tanzania. UN have said they plan a programme for staff and families, but no news yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                            I spoke to a colleague at work and was told that one of our teachers is getting her jab this weekend as she's used the site to book it by saying she's a frontline worker.

I'm not sure how ethical that is.

I've just checked and it appears you can do that, a simple lie and you get through the system and can book an appointment.
                            Your colleagues (and you) are frontline workers, though, so it's not a lie as far as I'm concerned

Comment

We are but I feel guilty if I take a vaccine from someone else. It feels like the everyone else does it so I'll do it too argument when doing something you know is wrong.

Comment

I had my first jab yesterday afternoon at the Angel Centre, Tonbridge. As it turned out, I needn't have worried about jumping the gun as the morning post brought a letter from the NHS inviting me to book an appointment. It was all very efficient from start to finish, with the process itself administered by NHS staff as you would expect and the various queues marshalled by a dozen cheery pensioners in yellow tabards from the local Rotary Club (which made my day). All very British. I took some Ibuprofen beforehand, some more in the evening and when I went to bed, then again this morning. No stiffness in the arm or any other side effects so far, but we'll see what the day brings I guess.

Comment

https://twitter.com/DollyParton/status/1366866210852323328?s=20

Comment

She is just wonderful.

Comment

We are but I feel guilty if I take a vaccine from someone else. It feels like the everyone else does it so I'll do it too argument when doing something you know is wrong.
                                      I think at this point in the UK almost everybody who is higher risk than teachers has already been vaccinated. Meanwhile, a lot of people who are - at best - borderline candidates are getting the vaccine. The worst you will be doing is jumping the gun ahead of someone who is no more at risk than you are.

Comment

Currently sitting in the 15 minute decompression room after Pfizer jab #1

Comment

Good stuff. We're waiting around for my mam to get the call to go in to her doctor for her first jab. That means I'll be getting mine by the end of the month

Comment

I'm with ad hoc, just because the government stupidly doesn't classify teachers as front line workers, it doesn't mean you aren't. With schools open, you're probably in the most covid vulnerable job outside of (direct) health care.

Comment

I see my daughters once a week. They eat at the table and I eat on the sofa, 2.5m away. I've always considered it as my "bubble". Without it I would probably be in a very bad place.

Trouble is, while we were eating, one daughter gets a phone call from a friend who has just tested positive. One of 5 friends she apparently met up with in a room last night... For fucks sake.

I can't blame the yoof. The curfew is patently a step too far, and we have been in lockdown since early December. But for fucks sake.

Comment

Fingers crossed Logan...ffs indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
                                                  There are no plans for mass vaccination in Tanzania. UN have said they plan a programme for staff and families, but no news yet.
                                                  Not sure if this is the place to put this but I am hearing disturbing reports of Big Pharma bullying 3rd world countries and withholding Vaccines.

Comment

There are multiple examples of this garbage in Florida

https://twitter.com/reidepstein/status/1367267782283448322

Comment

Working...
                                                    X