The COVID-19 Vaccination Progress Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
    Got mine a couple of weeks ago due to medication I'm on for Crohn's Disease. Like Hobbes, I also had AZ and felt rough the next day. Normally no side effects for me either.

You should have said. I've already awarded the medals for OTF's first three vaccinees.

Comment

https://www.ft.com/content/657b123a-...e-23c07e313331

Why the three biggest vaccine makers failed on Covid-19

This is an interesting piece

Comment

A colleague wrote on our Teams group that he was getting the jab today. As we always take the piss out of him for being rich, I was asking how he'd jumped the queue, and how much he'd bribed the NHS, etc. Then he rang me up to explain that he was HIV positive.

Well, didn't I feel like an arse.

Comment

Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
            Still 100% worth it, but if too many people get responses like this to the first jab, I can see uptake of the second being considerably lower, which is worrying.
            Anyway, I'll be getting the next one at a weekend.
            Best of luck and thanks for that.

I had the Flu jab in early January and was advised by the nurse to expect mild nausea, muscle pains etc. Brief backache as it turned out but I imagine it was more intense for others

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience hobbes - my wife got a call an hour ago and she's due for her 1st jab next Tuesday as shes a registered carer for our eldest daughter. I'll let her know what you went through. Nothing for Wheezy the asthmatic however; when my wife asked about me she was told I'm tier 8 and will just have to wait... hummph

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                Thanks for sharing your experience hobbes - my wife got a call an hour ago and she's due for her 1st jab next Tuesday as shes a registered carer for our eldest daughter. I'll let her know what you went through. Nothing for Wheezy the asthmatic however; when my wife asked about me she was told I'm tier 8 and will just have to wait... hummph

If her appointment is a late one you might want to accompany her on the off-chance that the centre have some spare doses that they need to get rid of. I've heard about a number of people getting an early jab in similar circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

If her appointment is a late one you might want to accompany her on the off-chance that the centre have some spare doses that they need to get rid of. I've heard about a number of people getting an early jab in similar circumstances.
                  Thanks for the tip NS

Comment

Sat in the car park whilst Mrs of the Shed has her first jab. She only got a text yesterday and was able to book a slot today.
                    She's only just turned 50 but has underlying health conditions with asthma. I reckon her second jab will be around the time of my first one.

Comment

I tried that with P, but it was Astra Zenica so they just put it back in the fridge.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post

I tried that with P, but it was Astra Zenica so they just put it back in the fridge.

That's interesting. Given Pfizer's production issues I assume that virtually all of the current jabs are Ox-AZ, but I'm still hearing about people being roped in at the last minute or even some doses being thrown away. Maybe the former is to do with targets and the latter just rumours or perhaps the odd Pfizer distribution.

Comment

Mrs of the Shed was given a Pfizer shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                            Mrs of the Shed was given a Pfizer shot.

I wonder what the breakdown is at the moment. I think that the UK is still waiting for its first Moderna vaccine delivery.

Comment

I wonder what the breakdown is at the moment. I think that the UK is still waiting for its first Moderna vaccine delivery.
                              Do you not get stats on it? Here. for example is the daily rate of vaccination in Romania divided by which vaccine it was:

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Do you not get stats on it? Here. for example is the daily rate of vaccination in Romania divided by which vaccine it was:

I suspect that they're out there somewhere, but they're certainly not amongst the main sets of figures which are released each day.

A quick trawl of the BBC website confirms that we won't get the Moderna vaccine until the Spring, but I couldn't find a breakdown of the current Pfizer/OxAZ split.

Comment

We've administered nearly 200 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine worldwide.

Comment

I accidentally put this on the main Covid-19 thread, but we've now administered more than 215 million doses worldwide. If everyone only needed one dose that would account for 2.75% of the world population.

Comment

Mrs Etienne got her second dose of Pfizer yesterday. No reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                        Mrs Etienne got her second dose of Pfizer yesterday. No reaction.
                                        I've forgotten but how did she react to the first one?

Comment

No reaction to the first one either.

Comment

Chile and Serbia seem to have quite impressive vaccine rollout programmes.

Comment

Serbia are using Sinopharm and Sputnik so they presumably had much greater availability than most of the continent,making rollout quicker

Comment

My parents got their second dose at the Dover Speedway. It was a long line in the parking lot (they stayed in their car) but it was very efficient.

Comment

I'm guessing that they didn't get to drive on the track, which is somewhat unfortunate

Comment

We're at 3.9% of the Canadian population vaccinated (only about 1.5% have had both shots.) However we've been assured that by early next month there'll be gallons of the stuff arriving [honest!]

Comment

Working...
                                                    X