Pierre Cardin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pierre Cardin

Pierre Cardin, fashion designer and brand licensing pioneer, has died at 98. And yes, prior to that, Pierre Cardin was still alive at 98.

In the late ‘70s and early ‘80s, around this time of year, my Dad used to get given loads of Pierre Cardin pens, diaries and other crap from business contacts. It was quite exciting seeing the little swirled PC logo, although the brand’s cachet must have been pretty much blown even by then.

But, if the trade off for selling your soul is to be able to build and live in Barbapapa’s house, who among us can honestly say that we wouldn’t have made the same choice?

Did he invent the tellytubbies?

Comment

Hope he was generous with the tips for his window cleaner.

Comment

Is that on the Riviera? Think I remember driving past it, back in the mists of time.

Comment

On the Bay of Cannes

https://lofficielbaltics.com/en/fash...-palais-bulles

Comment

I didn't know much about him, but his costumes for Cocteau's Beauty And The Beast were remarkable.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
              I didn't know much about him, but his costumes for Cocteau's Beauty And The Beast were remarkable.
              That's more than I knew about him. And yes those costumes are magnificent.

Comment

My, my, smile at least.
                You can't say no to...

Comment

These chairs (?) remind me of something. Maybe Yoda?

Comment

Working...
                  X