Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How firm is 2021's events calendar, do you reckon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How firm is 2021's events calendar, do you reckon?

Shamelessly stolen from the sports forum where Rogin asked what sporting events are now looking iffy for next year, I'm beginning to wonder what other events are now looking to be off as well. First of all Up Helly Aa in Shetland which I went to last yeart has been cancelled for 2021. Glastonbury can't get insurance and have asked the government to cover the costs so that probably won't take place. The effects of Covid19 are going to be long lasting.

The talk in music forums is live music in indoor venues being unlikely before September 2021. Festivals are announcing bills and selling tickets but the likelihood is the early summer ones, up to and including Glastonbury, are doubtful, with some hope for the late summer ones being feasible, maybe on reduced capacities. Worryingly there is some talk that Glastonbury could go ahead on a "boutique" basis with paid-for streaming access, with the promoters of the recent Dua Lipa live-stream success being involved.

From a running/walking end of things, I've seen events postponed from Spring 2020 to Autumn 2020, and then to Spring 2021, and now starting to be moved to Autumn 2021.

I've also had gigs which are now on their third or fourth announced date. I'm getting emails about gigs which I've forgotten I've bought tickets for, and also some getting cancelled altogether.

Comment

I am hoping we manage to get the work Summer Piss Up/Party off the ground, we didn't have it or the Christmas Piss Up this year, and the usual Winter Party we have mid-January isn't going to happen either.

Not significant cultural events, but they have been very well attended by staff at all levels of the firm and everyone mixes well, it's part of what has made working for my firm such a good experience.

Comment

I think we have to look at small scale music events leading the way for the summer. Maybe Covid-secure performances of 500 or so people might be a possibility, possibly with live streaming also. 20000 people in the O2 in London, though, I don't see how vaccinations can be done in time.

Comment

Glastonbury cancelled this year so it will be another enforced fallow year for the festival. The first of many cancellations I suspect.

Comment

Will there be elections..?

Comment

Working...
            X