Nashville explosion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nashville explosion

No reports of any fatalities, thankfully.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/25/us/na...ion/index.html

Reported as "intentional"

Twitter already criticising the "Internationals" behind this attack (that Obama allowed into the country)

Comment

Why do you do Twitter?

Comment

Er, not just you, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
          Why do you do Twitter?

It is a place to post about politics (which I don't do on FB). I have very little overlap between FB "friends" and my Twitter audience.

Why do you ask?

Comment

I'm going to be rude and try to answer for him (or at least guess what he's implying) which is that Twitter is full of unproven conjecture and fake news.

Comment

Ah, fair enough, but I don't see any links to Twitter in this thread.

Anyhoo, the explosion knocked out AT&T's service, so I couldn't ring my mom to thank her for my present (literally the only one I opened today) and wish her a Merry Christmas.

The authorities obviously suspect white people, as they aren't using the T word.

Comment

Twitter is full of fake news, but I also go to reliable posters on there for real and immediate news. If you're on there a while, you soon know the difference, although occasionally I'm fooled or mis-read things.

Comment

Fair enough. I wonder if FF has Guy on ignore.

Comment

I do

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

I do
                      Me too.

Comment

That would explain it.

Comment

Apparently a 63 year old guy who believed in 5G conspiracy theories, and aimed the attack at AT&T. First suicide car bomb in the US since 1927 it says here (1927? Suicide car bomb? Bloody hell)

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                            Apparently a 63 year old guy who believed in 5G conspiracy theories, and aimed the attack at AT&T. First suicide car bomb in the US since 1927 it says here (1927? Suicide car bomb? Bloody hell)
                            So, an act of terrible violence carried out by someone radicalised by an extreme view, targetting victims he believed were opposed to him. Is that not terrorism?

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                              The 1927 event was probably the Bath School Massacre or whatever it was called.

My mate wrote a book about it.

Comment

Usually "Disaster", which always struck me as weirdly neutral word for pre-meditated mass murder

Also though to be the first such bombing (though of course horse drawn vehicles had been used earlier). Note that both Timothy McVeigh and the World Trade Center bombers abandoned their vehicles and survived the blasts.

Comment

Am I right in thinking the standing president has still said nothing about a bomb attack in an American city, several days after it took place? Incredible.

Comment

Incredible that he hasn’t called the bomber a hero.

Comment

He has stopped appearing in public and is tweeting exclusively about his increasingly fevered election fantasies.

We are 30 hours away from the expiration of unemployment benefits, the eviction moratorium and a government shutdown and he doesn't appear to care in the slightest.

Comment

At this stage, I think Trump is declaring war on the Republican establishment as well as the Democrats. He probably feels betrayed ( in his weird way).

Comment

Then again

President Trump has indicated that he will sign the stimulus bill into law before Monday night’s deadline and avert a government shutdown, two people familiar with his plans said Sunday evening, a move that would release $900 billion in stimulus funds as soon as possible.

The people spoke on the condition of anonymity because the matter remained fluid and they weren’t authorized to disclose Trump’s plans. They said Trump had repeatedly changed his mind on the matter.
                                          Trump’s new decision to sign the bill came less than a week after he demanded changes to it and had suggested he would refuse to sign it into law. On Tuesday, he referred to the bill as a “disgrace” but he signaled on Sunday he would sign it after all.

Comment

Back on point

Authorities in Tennessee on Sunday named a 63-year-old Nashville resident as the perpetrator of the Christmas morning bombing that injured three people and destroyed sections of the city’s historic downtown.

Anthony Quinn Warner, an information technology contractor from the south eastern suburb of Antioch, instigated and was killed in the explosion, according to law enforcement sources at an evening press briefing.

“Warner is the bomber,” Don Cochran, US attorney for the middle district of Tennessee, said. “He was present when the bomb went off, and he perished in the bombing.”

Investigators matched DNA from human tissue found at the site to samples collected from a vehicle used by Warner, according to David Rausch, director of the Tennessee bureau of investigation.
                                            There continues to be a great deal of speculation that Warner was targeting the ATT facility due to 5G paranoia

Comment

Makes (twisted) sense. Can't see Trump condemning a 5G lad given that his mates in QAnon push it to the extreme.

But he's probably too busy deciding which piece of human excrement to pardon next.

Comment

He's not going to condemn any white bomber unequivocally unless it's a white Muslim or leftist.

The lack of the word terrorist in reports is pure racism.

Comment

https://twitter.com/egoldmanrevolt/status/1344178143641313288?s=20

Comment

Working...
                                                  X