Sentences never uttered before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sentences never uttered before

I've been meaning to start a thread like this for ages. Every so often I find myself saying a sentence and being certain that I've never said that sentence before, and possibly no other human has either. It seems to happen more frequently now that I have children due to the level of chaos they inject into my life.

Anyway, today's never before uttered sentence is:

"Who left fennel and watermelon slices on top of the piano?"
    ​​​​​

When our son was about 4, he said "Wir mussen warten hasta que the green man comes [referring to lights at zebra crossings]".

Comment

"My daughter's driving my wife to Asda."

Comment

"I was only driving in order to test my eyesight" must still be a 2020 award nominee for implausibility.

Comment

This will be the favourite Spurs title win of my lifetime

Comment

I've just ordered a Christmas hamper from a cornershop in Gozo to be delivered to my Dad, who has emigrated there.

This might not actually be the first time that's ever been uttered. I get the impression there are a lot of British ex-pats in Malta.
            Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 05-12-2020, 13:58.

Comment

The kids are excelling themselves today. I have a new sentence to add: "Why is there a box of blueberry wheats in your bed?"

(The answer was "I like them". Regular readers will be unsurprised to discover that the culprit was my son).

Comment

This went up on my Facebook feed:

My son: "Is that beer?"
                Me: "Yes"
                My son: "Almost everything in this house is alcohol."

Comment

"Hello, friend, I'm soon going to eat your eyeball."

5-year-old towerlet addressing her slice of cheese on toast adorned by a ketchup smiley.

Comment

A former otfer, and nephew upon having one of his last nappies changed by my sister: "you won't find any poo in there".

Comment

A few years ago, I had cause to ask a virtual stranger "Have you moved all the bodies?" and, while that's a sentence that probably has been uttered before, I certainly wasn't expecting to utter it that day or any day.

Comment

Ms Felicity being asked "Are you one of the police officers?" when she went for her jab

Comment

This should jump automatically to 2mins 11secs in. If it doesn't, do so manually (though the entire sketch is worth a watch).

Comment

"Have you seen these pictures of the Tenby Walrus?"

- me, earlier, to Mrs Thistle

Comment

Working...
                            X