Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True.

Comment

I watched her debate with Warnock last night. She's quite something.

Comment

https://twitter.com/mrtimdunn/status/1364902466052096000?s=21

Comment

Tim Dunn tweets some great stuff.

And also tweeted that.

Comment

haha, that Reading McMansion is seriously tasteless. The overall arrangement of the windows is almost worse than the ludicrously grandiose pillared canopy. You'd want to make sure you didn't live anywhere near its occupants. Still, pretty front garden.

Comment

The oil patch really ties the place together.

Comment

That pediment is something. The windows aren't even that horrible as McMansions go, there's at least some symmetry involved.

Comment

Feast your eyes on this beauty which has just gone on the market in the next suburb. Not so much for its size as its overall quality and style; I urge you to make time for the video. I pondered why they’d gone for lots of tall thin windows, rather than wide oblong ones, until Mrs. S reminded me the views would be of the industrial estate, Tip Top Bread factory and Bunnings warehouse. Still at least they went for the natural look with the garden:

https://<a href="https://www.domain....arelisting</a>

Comment

Link is borked, Sits

Comment

https://www.realestate.com.au/proper...-cove-nsw-2069

I looked at it for a good while to establish it wasn’t CGI.

Comment

caja-dglh thanks, yes I thought it was an artist’s (poor) impression at first.

Comment

Screenshot from an early iteration of McMansion Simulator on a laptop with a poor graphics card

Comment

Precisely. And even in these publicity shots the cheapness of construction and finishes shines through. Big slabs of marble paired with the cheapest possible garden fencing and aluminium windows. But the little plastic moulding stuck up on the portico above the front door speaks volumes.

Comment

There is a particular style of new build mansion around here at the moment with a large central hallway/atrium, usually externally rendered in cream or pale grey. This is an especially large example that is being built just up the road from where Jurgen Klopp lives.

Comment

On the same road, there is a house with a bronze giraffe in the garden. Too much to hope that Peter Crouch lives there I suppose?

Comment

They’re doing the atrium/grey render here too. On almost every new house.

Comment

That’s a couple of blocks from us.

Comment

That path would be lethal after a few beers and a rain shower.

Comment

I can't hate on the central atrium - the form shown isn't to my taste, but a central household area with wings to various rooms is a great modern design (the breezehouse modular home from about 20 years ago was an early proponent of this run at the atrium angle)

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                          I can't hate on the central atrium - the form shown isn't to my taste, but a central household area with wings to various rooms is a great modern design (the breezehouse modular home from about 20 years ago was an early proponent of this run at the atrium angle)
                                          Yeah, I've got to say I do like that type of malarky. These two are near where I live. I'd happily live in either. (I'd have to change the names though. Currently they're called "Silver Spires" and "White Wings" ffs.

Comment

It's weird how exactly the same those two houses look when they aren't.

Also pretty ugly.

Also houses on streets should be banned by law from having names.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                                                It's weird how exactly the same those two houses look when they aren't.

Also pretty ugly.

Also houses on streets should be banned by law from having names.
                                                As should houses in the country.

We live at "West Haven", it's easy to find. Not on the fucking satnav it fucking isn't.

Comment

Also pretty ugly
                                                  I don't want to live outside it.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post

I don't want to live outside it.
                                                    Ah, the Kirstie Allsopp approach.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X