Ridiculous minor trivial irritations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
    I mainly use Goo Gone on old video game cases, I wouldn't want to risk it.
    Not having a poke, but are you just really fastidious? Like....you Goo Gone stickers off video games cases that just sit on a shelf?

Comment

I saw my first 020 4XXX XXXX number recently.

Comment

Yeah they've moved on from London numbers starting with 3. Ran out of numbers I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

Not having a poke, but are you just really fastidious? Like....you Goo Gone stickers off video games cases that just sit on a shelf?
          I only have the disc ones in cases to stop them getting scratched up (and if I have to remove the security tag ones that stop you opening them up before paying for them, I may as well get rid of the rest as well). Cartridges I don't mind having loose.

Comment

020 is also the dialing code for Tristan da Cunha

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
              This is like people saying "0208" for a London number, isn't it?
              Yes

Comment

There is a cycling parts maker called Ursus. They make wheels and whatnot. Their corporate history is strangely blank between founding in the sixties and now but maybe they just made components for other people.

The thing that has mildly annoyed me is that their company logo is a bull. Bull logo, company called Ursus.

Comment

Some of us are Taurus

Comment

That utterly ridiculous McDonalds whistle thing in the ad bumpers for the televised football

Comment

The Musée d'Orsay giving in to collectors who bequest things and displaying then all together (I assume as part of the bequest).

Either start your own gallery or let the one you give your stuff to choose what to do with it. Some of these collections are fantastically patchy.

Also, giving YSL space so they can display things like they are art. I'm guessing in return for money. Literally buying space in a national collection.

Mary Cassatt is good though. And there were noticeably more works from women artists. And the caillebotte is as good as ever.

Edit: Maybe it's France. The basement of L'Orangerie is given over to Guillaume and the work he collected. Maybe it's just collectors are more valued in France.
                      Last edited by Levin; 11-02-2022, 12:08.

Comment

The French State under Macron likes to make deals, and that is particularly true in the fine arts, where they feel under threat from both private vanity projects like Pinault's and the possibility of sales that would see pieces leave the country.. it doesn't help that museum directorships and senior curator positions are highly politicised, especially in Paris.

Comment

It is interesting that it's places like Dior and YSL that are visibly giving money. In the UK it's BP and Shell.

I've also been annoyed about the ubiquity of advertiser's using their official X provider/sponsor of PSG status to feature players in their ads, always referred to as Paris, never PSG.

Comment

Workplace soup of the day is mushroom

It's crammed with onions and tastes of onion

Bastards

Comment

I refuse to believe that any irritation is ever ridiculous, minor or trivial to you, Guy.

Comment

"Go vote"

It's not "go vote", it's just "vote"

(Or if you insist on emphasis, "go and vote" - as in two actions)

Comment

Pathetic I know, but plastic or cardboard food packaging which doesn't tear or open exactly as it's supposed to.

Also bus passengers who start to move towards the exit doors well before the stop, forcing other passengers to move to let them past as the bus rocks around.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                    Pathetic I know, but plastic or cardboard food packaging which doesn't tear or open exactly as it's supposed to.
                                    Definitely this.

Edit: I mean I'm agreeing the not tearing as it's supposed to being irritating, not that you're pathetic.

Comment

Probably a little more than minor, but definitely trivial - my daughter's school's communications this week have been written in Yoda-speak. I was rather hoping it was just a one off on Wednesday, but they're still doing it today.

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
                                        Probably a little more than minor, but definitely trivial - my daughter's school's communications this week have been written in Yoda-speak. I was rather hoping it was just a one off on Wednesday, but they're still doing it today. doing it today they still are
                                        FTFY

Comment

Aaaarrgghhhhh!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post

FTFY
                                            FYFT wouldn't that be?

Comment

In totally incredibly trivial irritations, the Kentucky Derby is on in the background and the commentators talked about the bugler. Yet his instrument had valves!

Comment

I didn't spot that the latest Private Eye is a three weeker...

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                                  I didn't spot that the latest Private Eye is a three weeker...
                                                  Ah, that explains it - thanks!

Comment

All the people in London wearing NFL jerseys.
                                                    Pubs making themselves the place for fans of team X.
                                                    The whole NFL in London thing.

Mostly the jerseys though. Which in entirely unreasonable but raises my hackles every time i see one.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X