X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once were grapes....

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
      A cereal called "Crisp" should be crispy. Raisins are squidgy, so they put the hard bits in to live up to the name.
      'Hard' isn't 'crisp'.

A scattering of fruit on one's cereal is very pleasant, IMO.

Comment

It's not every bowful or even every box. Just very occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
          A scattering of fruit on one's cereal is very pleasant, IMO.
          Cook probably takes the time to de-stem yours.

Comment

Well, he’s needed the money since those BBC exposees dried up.

Comment

Yesterday Mrs Thistle ordered six Lego minifigures on click and collect. These come in a "blind bag" meaning you don't know what you get. The shop staff managed to pick her three copies of two different figures. We realised before opening some of them (finger feel is always a good idea) so we are going to take some back and try and swap them. It's annoying though.

Comment

Migraine Tablets - why are the key instructions (take one, take two, every 4 hours, whatever) in such small print?

Comment

The boy on the Panini premier league stars sticker advert. He's got that secondary school boy, expressionless arrogance spot on - "I don't need to study, gonna earn millions on forex and esports, then I'll go on Love Island".

Comment

Well, he's certainly got the stiltedness of a Love Island contestant trying to read a script.

Comment

A subset of the non-trivial aggravation of food waste, which is one of my biggest bugbears, but bananas being bought and then not eaten, which happens all the time in my household, my kids the main guilty parties.

​​​​Part of the problem, I suppose, is that a bunch will tend to ripen at the same time, so if you're not in the mood for them when that occurs they get left and become overripe.

They then sit in the fruit bowl, their appearance deteriorating, banana bread or a smoothie their potential salvation but the food waste caddy the more likely destination.

Raspberries going off in the fridge is a companion irritant.

Pisses me right off because in most aspects we're very good about such things - our food waste is usually 95% teabags and eggshells.

Comment

Yeah you should buy one banana a day. That is what I did when I used to go outside, in the beforetimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                          bananas being bought and then not eaten, which happens all the time in my household, my kids the main guilty parties.
                          Do they ask for bananas and then not eat them?

Comment

our food waste is usually 95% teabags and eggshells.
                            Use the eggshells crunched up in the garden.

Comment

Teabags, too. And coffee grounds.

Comment

Also, browning bananas are perfectly lovely to eat.

Comment

My daughter is the queen of eating all the berries bar about 6, then leaving the last ones to rot. This has improved now that I've learnt to ignore her when she says that she'll eat the rest soon, and just eat them myself. Except strawberries as I don't like them enough, or blackberries which I don't like at all. Raspberries are problematic as they tend to turn very quickly. She does this with larger fruit, too, only there it's one or two left behind.

Comment

Freckled ones, anyway. Not sure about actual browning. Far better the teeth-coating green ones my wife eats.

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
                                      My daughter is the queen of eating all the berries bar about 6, then leaving the last ones to rot. This has improved now that I've learnt to ignore her when she says that she'll eat the rest soon, and just eat them myself. Except strawberries as I don't like them enough, or blackberries which I don't like at all. Raspberries are problematic as they tend to turn very quickly. She does this with larger fruit, too, only there it's one or two left behind.
                                      Yeah, my daughter is queen of leaving dinner 'for later'. It never comes, and it's just my lunch the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Do they ask for bananas and then not eat them?
                                        Yup. Time and time again.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post

Use the eggshells crunched up in the garden.
                                          To enrich the soil or as an anti-slug device? I've put them in the composter in the past but they don't really degrade, which isn't a great look on one's flower beds.

Comment

To enrich the soil or as an anti-slug device? I've put them in the composter in the past but they don't really degrade, which isn't a great look on one's flower beds.
                                            Yes to both, though for several bugs and the feed value is slow. You throw them in a blender - anyone looking close enough to see them needs their head checked.

Comment

Yup. Time and time again.
                                              I mean, the obvious answer to this is to simply not have kids.

I realise this advice comes too late for several of you.

Comment

'Fruit wastage' is quite low on the list of reasons not to have kids, mind. You could either not have kids or eat more smoothies.

Comment

Oh, yeah, obvs. I mean, my decision to not have kids wasn't based on any worries around whether or not Biff (that would be the son's name) would ask for 16 pomegranates a week and then not eat them.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                                    Oh, yeah, obvs. I mean, my decision to not have kids wasn't based on any worries around whether or not Biff (that would be the son's name) would ask for 16 pomegranates a week and then not eat them.
                                                    Or was it?

Did you have hypothetical girls' names picked?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X