Georgia. Mmmm Georgia.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NHH View Post
    I liked My Cousin Vinnie, and all I know about grits I learned from that. The cast was great. Fred Gwynne! Marisa Tomei! Joe Pesci! Ralph Macchio!
    You liked it so much, that you misspelled the name?

(Sorry Nathan, I'm on a very shitty roll. Or role. Insert circumflex where required.)

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
      McDonald's fries are pretty rotten food. As are their hash browns.

I went to a diner in NYC one time. Years ago. No real idea where either. I think I had something eggy.

It was raining. It was either just before or just after someone called me "sir" in the street for the first time in my life.

Great story huh?
      Your hearing was not at its best?

Comment

Fuck. That was 45 minutes that I am not getting back.

American biscuits are shitty scones. Chicken fried steak, is Glasgow steak: yeah.

American diners are mint and skill. The 'Waffle House' chain are part of that (and individually run*, to extenuating rules). The 'Huddle House' thing, I didn't make up. They are worse than Waffle House, but have more policemen in them. The road trip from Cartersville to Savannah got my "y'all" instinct up to a fury.

Georgia is a country in Europe.

KFC don't sell breasts, here. I miss "Generic southern USA-based name" chicken. At least you get your money's worth.

Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, even in lockdown, there were still 'crazy golf' championships ongoing.

I 'stayed' with a person who had signs outside his house, knowing that no-one would ever come near that fucking place. He was lovely. He also had spider's webs in his entryway, but I won't mention that yet.

Georgia is the capital of the United States of America. They decided. And the world listens...

**If you want to know how to cook 'grits', go and find out. You ask, they will help you. They will not give you their recipe that has been going back generations, because you are not family. You WILL get a fucking fabulous version, which you will be unable to 'do', because they don't sell that shit in Vegas. (Bugger.)**

And, yes, Georgia is not Louisiana. I know this to be true. My geography is all I have left (after looking at all the fucking threads, elsewhere. We're all scared. It's only going to get worse.)

Wasn't "Popeye's" (sic) famous for "Louisiana-style fish"? (Their chicken-sandwich is a fucking joy to behold. But, probably not a black-owned business. Unless, like Vegas, you own your 'franchise'? The one at Flamingo and Maryland is the best.) They make a "Poo'boy" that is literally fish and something holding it together. A plate, usually. (I don't do 'fast food'. I need a nice sit down, and a knife and fork, however plastic.

What was I talking about? Oh yeah. Drugs are bad, m'kay?

I hope that covers everything? Except, TonTon: I love you. Life is a shit sandwich. But, it may or may not be vegan. Sometimes, you don't get to choose whether or not to bite.

I am going to edit the shit out of this. 10:55pm PST.

Last edited by Gerontophile; 24-03-2021, 06:01.

Comment

* Franchises. You either get one that works, or you get mullered. Terms and Conditions apply. So, the ones that work are either lucky or really, really good at what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post

Your hearing was not at its best?
            Eh?

Comment

Have we done voter suppression yet?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ons-law-passed

(Coming soon to a polling station in the UK soon!)

Comment

Yeah, THAT is the hill I'm going to die on. From here.

I am furious, as a preset. But, I can do zero about that, or much else. Except, you know, mention it online when I am furiously looking for vaccine options. Got one, 4th May, is my latter.

Then what? I'm so banned from Twitter, Reddit's a fucking mess, and this place is an echo chamber, and needs no reminding.

What say you, Guy? What would you have me do? The only other thing is become American. And I ain't quite ready for that one yet.

*Guy, I'm a dick, but, I got a good heart. And if I become American, I will take my grammar avec moi.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                  Welcome home, Gero.

So, why Georgia?
                  Internet. Sorry, that was true.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerontophile View Post
                    I haven't recently discovered Hannah Gadsby. I've recently discovered recurring internet. (Without internet... so, basically stuff on my computers memory which I didnt watch the first time around.)

"I got new shoes".

And a tin of spray cheese, and I am damned if I will let either one go. Spray cheese? I love my colon so much, that I will inform it with the means of cloroflourocarbons.And spray cheese.Which, by the look of things, has been in the closet slightly longer than was required...oh, it comes out in a string!

This is too much information. Oh my god, I sprayed it into my mouth.

And, it's ok. It actually tastes 'not bad' on the scale of mass murderer to a chilli, or eat my daughter to a lasagne. It's on the "White guy naming his son 'Tevin' for no reason"."
                    Scary, but easily blameable. It's actually quite tasty. Which technically means, it has a taste.It also didn't spray. I wanted the 'big reveal' where I sprayed this shit in my gob after the fuck you Dallas Cowboys game earlier (not often I get to type that on Thanksgiving), but it didn't spray.

I held the thing up to my orifice, and it just went 'blah'. Not even the spray cheeses of this world have the decency to show affection? Nor insults. My spray cheese just couldn't even bring itself to fart in my mouth.

I wish I could make this up.

My ex husband is gong to take me back. I wish I could make this up. I think the white guy might die in this movie.
                    Yeah. I'm editing my own thread. That was so wrong.^

Comment

I ... made this thread, but I am now gobsmacked. How the fuck did it get to 12 pages? Ah, wait: 'curation'.
                      I'm on Page 2, and I am already tired of my shit.

Comment

Viva Las Vegas?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                          We take your welfare seriously and fear for the consequences were you unable to bitch
                          It took me 5 months to get this one.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

I hadn't heard of them until this thread, but on checking them out, it seems they have been around for 56 years, and there are 339 of them in the US. It's wild, for me, that such a thing could be without your knowing of it. The US, eh?

Looks horrible, from what I can see.
                            Yeah, the basis of my book was the whole point of what you are/were feeling, just then.

Comment

yep
                              Last edited by Gerontophile; 14-04-2021, 21:21.

Comment

Can you edit it, please?

Comment

Yep.

Doesn't make it less true.

Comment

Working...
                                  X