Successful campaigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Successful campaigns

It’s a bleak time, especially on the U.K. Just trying to think what campaigns have been successful – the Irish abortion campaign of course. Marcus Rashford. What else has been an example of excellent campaigning which has helped change the narrative?

There have been a few in Romania (all involving people coming out on the street and protesting - after the Colectiv fire; in opposition to the gold mine in Rosia Montana; and in opposition to the then government's attempts to effectively pardon all corrupt politicians)

Comment

Slovak street protests forcing the PM, interior minister and chief of police to quit following the Kuciak/Kusnirova murders might count too. It's not known for sure, but it's believed there might have been a larger gathering in SNP Square in Bratislava around thoese events than in 1989 before communism fell.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
        There have been a few in Romania (all involving people coming out on the street and protesting - after the Colectiv fire; in opposition to the gold mine in Rosia Montana; and in opposition to the then government's attempts to effectively pardon all corrupt politicians)
        Thinking about it I'm not sure if any of these were campaigns as such. They were mostly outpourings of anger and rage at awful corrupt governments. They sort of morphed into campaigns down the line, but at first they didn't really have an organised element to them.

Same is probably true of the ongoing reactions to Poland's anti abortion laws.

Comment

In the UK? Jack, I'd say. Sorry. not recently anyway. I agree, grim times.

Comment

My other half used to be a journalist here in Holland. One of her stories was about a man whose wife died during childbirth. He, being a man, was not entitled to maternity leave or benefits. Being poor and with no near relatives, he was stuck with a baby, out of work and penniless (well, centless actually). SWMBO lobbied the ministers concerned and the prime minister until she got the law changed. Well done, her!

Comment

The anti-mask campaigners in London have certainly been successful in persuading me to wear a mask.

Comment

Working...
              X