Sorry?

Comment

In the violinist?

Comment

https://twitter.com/fdagensec/status/1329564705921396736?s=21

Comment

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1329751364776419329?s=20

Comment

Michael Portillo's just been rolled out onto Steph's Packed Lunch on Channel 4 in his friendliest peach suit to reassure us all that politics is a "robust" business, that "inadvertent bullying" is almost inevitable, and furthermore the victims (we're talking about senior civil servants here) should "stay out of the kitchen".
            Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 20-11-2020, 12:57.

Comment

Someone resigning on a matter of principle?

We've reached the end of days for sure.

Comment

Rogue state. The predicted "change of tone" following Cumming's departure didn't last long then.

Comment

Imagine being the biggest arsehole in this cabinet.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                    Rogue state. The predicted "change of tone" following Cumming's departure didn't last long then.

There will be another excuse in place by now as to why Johnson's latent abilities can't quite shine forth, anything to keep the Tories from having to publicly admit that what you see is what you get and they knowingly inflicted this upon us.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                      Michael Portillo's just been rolled out onto Steph's Packed Lunch on Channel 4 in his friendliest peach suit to reassure us all that politics is a "robust" business, that "inadvertent bullying" is almost inevitable, and furthermore the victims (we're talking about senior civil servants here) should "stay out of the kitchen".
                      I was watching +1 in the canteen, so thanks for the peach suit warning.

That's the striking thing about the story for me - a lot of the reporting makes it read as if she's raised her voice to the office admin person, but the victims were senior civil servants. People who I would have thought it safe to assume haven't progressed in their career without developing a thick skin, and doubtless being a bit of a bastard themselves.

So the mind boggles as to how much of a nightmare she must be.

Comment

If she is willing to do the things she does in public, I can’t imagine what she does to people in private.

Comment

Is this the most Guy thread opening not started by Guy?

Comment

Someone resigning on a matter of principle?

We've reached the end of days for sure.
                            Hardly. The shameless gangster scum running our government never resign when anyone with an ounce of decency would, for sure, but nothing has changed. This isn't some scumbag Johnsonite Tory or reptilian Vote Leave SPAD. It's a civil servant (or, perhaps more accurately, a retired civil servant, aged 69) and an extremely distinguished one at that. His bio is in his Wiki page below. I remember, when I was a junior fast stream civil servant back in 1986-88 working in the Inland Revenue Policy Division, so thirty-odd years ago, he already had the (within Whitehall) very high profile job of Principal Private Secretary to the Chancellor (and he went on to become Prinicpal Private Sec to the PM in the 1990s).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Allan

Comment

Is this the most Guy thread opening not started by Guy?
                              ha ha, that was my thought too!

Comment

I hadn't realised it wasn't Guy until it was pointed out.

Comment

I can't remember which sitcom had a storyline around some spurious "International Day of" something, which ended up with someone exclaiming "on today of all days!", but should be noted that it is currently "Anti Bullying Week", and the sort of thing which gets rammed down our public sector throats (not literally, cos that clearly wouldn't be in the spirit of things), so what better way to anti-mark it than having one of the top minister of state found guilty of bullying and then letting her off.

Comment

"Time to form a square around the Prittster"

Fucking hell, what Empire dead cattery. Next thing they'll be wrapping the colours around them as a waistcoat to stop the enemy from carrying it off.

Although Johnson as Major-General Elphinstone is about right in terms of leadership ability.

Comment

Remember when Tories were evil but had a code of conduct? Bit of sleeze and off you go. Contrite apology stood next to the family, off to a highly paid job in the city somewhere, see you in four years when everyone's forgotten about the saucy wank/dodgy contract/affair whatever. These jackals though, you have to wonder what they'd have to do before they quit or were pushed out. Murder someone and that blithering blonde cunt would be stood up telling us now is not the time to be playing politics while Starmer nodded along. Fuck them all, man.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                        These jackals though, you have to wonder what they'd have to do before they quit or were pushed out.
                                        Query whether Brexit was actually such a good idea, after all?

You'd never see the fucker again.

Comment

Perversely, creating what would have been a resignation issue only makes the perpetrator more attractive to Johnson. He chose his cabinet on the basis of their loyalty to him and Brexit rather than talent. When he supports them through their messes it just increases the degree to which their positions are dependent upon his patronage, the way he likes it.

Comment

Some day, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But uh,

until that day -- accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day.

Comment

I thought I posted on this thread...

Anyway what I said was Patel's excuse as reported on Radio news this morning was that she didn't realise she was bullying people. Which is what you'd expect from princess smirkface.

Comment

What Benjm said a few posts upthread.

Anyway, I reckon that, just as Purves Grundy formerly of this parish, many many years ago, hit a never-to-be-beaten description of Johnson as "a cunt in twat's clothing", so somebody on here - I think it was Berbaslug but apologies if my memory is misleading me - hit the perfect summary of Priti Patel as "someone who would unplug your life support machine so she could charge her mobile phone".

Comment

https://twitter.com/sophiegracecha1/status/1329826684254777346?s=21

Comment

Working...
                                                  X