Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzanne Moore

has left the Guardian.

Maybe November is the month where 2020 gets better.

Lots of right wing journalists are sad

https://twitter.com/TKispeter/status/1328424408835383298?s=20

Comment

write a column, Hadley. That's what any normal person, like you or Helen Lewis would do

https://twitter.com/simonk_133/status/1328434711916646403?s=20

Comment

I realise until now I haven't really considered that the Express actually used real journalists.

Comment

The Express never have any new stories anyway. They're still printing hagiographies of Diana.

Comment

You clearly behind the times with the Express, Patrick. Yes, one day in three the front page is about Diana, but the next day it will be about (coin toss) pensions or house prices and (second coin toss) whether they are up or down. On the third day they get ambitious and play darts: (first dart) red wine / fish / red meat / potatoes / fruit are (second dart) good / bad for (third dart) dementia / heart disease / cancer / gout. Repeat until your readership dies of old age.

Comment

Maddie. You forgot Maddie.

Comment

So did the parents, so that's ok

Comment

My Ma read the Express for years, "Because Jean Rook". (She was lifelong Labour)

Comment

Glad Moore has gone. And I've never read anything interesting by Hadley F. She can f*ck off too and then November would be even better.

Comment

Columns are shit, anyway, aren't they? I mean, Moore is an appalling anti-trans bigot, as is her mate Freeman. But even the ones who aren't are BORING, and smug and really just need to go away.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                        Columns are shit, anyway, aren't they? I mean, Moore is an appalling anti-trans bigot, as is her mate Freeman. But even the ones who aren't are BORING, and smug and really just need to go away.
                        they hunt in packs

https://twitter.com/simonk_133/status/1328459746727366657?s=20

Comment

I wonder what was different about Dawn Foster to not get this treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                            You clearly behind the times with the Express, Patrick. Yes, one day in three the front page is about Diana, but the next day it will be about (coin toss) pensions or house prices and (second coin toss) whether they are up or down. On the third day they get ambitious and play darts: (first dart) red wine / fish / red meat / potatoes / fruit are (second dart) good / bad for (third dart) dementia / heart disease / cancer / gout. Repeat until your readership dies of old age.
                            The Express is behind a paywall, but its stories appear in news aggregator sites like Newsnow, and it seems they write a story every single day about how Ole Gunnar solksjaer is going to be sacked, and an article about how Paul Pogba is a disgrace to the memory of Winston Churchill and the brave boys what died in the wars. I haven't checked to see what they write about other clubs, but it seems that they are primarily in the business in selling gammon stories to angry people and enraging them further. where is Dexter when you need him?

Comment

You are a very bold boy.

Comment

You'd think she was Sir Thomas Moore from how she's being treated as a martyr.

Comment

A few years ago now but someone realised that the Express had run a front page Diana story on the same day - Monday I think - every week for 30-odd weeks.

Comment

They are a horrible lot.

Has anyone actually said the why of her leaving the guardian? Jumped or pushed? Just because of cutbacks, or anything more specific? People do seem to be trying to suggest that it's some kind of freeze peach martyrdom, but is there any evidence of that? I mean, even in their bigoted terms.

Comment

Maybe she should Suzanne Less, amirite

Comment

I should not have laughed at that, but I nearly chocked on a mouthful of water.

Comment

Moore is an appalling anti-trans bigot, as is her mate Freeman.
                                          Could you link to an example of this appalling bigotry?

Comment

They are a horrible lot.

Has anyone actually said the why of her leaving the guardian? Jumped or pushed? Just because of cutbacks, or anything more specific? People do seem to be trying to suggest that it's some kind of freeze peach martyrdom, but is there any evidence of that? I mean, even in their bigoted terms.
                                            She has said that it was her decision to go. Her twitter bio currently says, "She left because she understood the value of defiance."

Primal Scream have offered their support too.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                                              She has said that it was her decision to go. Her twitter bio currently says, "She left because she understood the value of defiance."
                                              That's made me giggle. I wonder what she wants us to believe by that.

Comment

There have been a lot of proposed job cuts at the Guardian this year, which the unions have spent the past few months trying to fight.

Not sure if Suzanne Moore's a member.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                                  I wonder what was different about Dawn Foster to not get this treatment.
                                                  Not up on my Guardian court gossip, but never struck me as a transphobe on Twitter, at least?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X