Killing the Queen through Kindness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killing the Queen through Kindness

When you're planning the platinum jubilee of a woman who would be 96, you're effectively daring fate to intervene:

https://twitter.com/DCMS/status/1326814923570212864

Charles is never going to be king is he?

Comment

Presumably when she loses her wicket there will be a bank holiday for the funeral and another for the coronation, so if she staggers on to say July 2022 it could be a bumper year.

Comment

At one point there was supposed to be a total shutdown for a week of mourning. Don't know if that's still the case.

Comment

Bring it on. I need a holiday.

Comment

A good time to grab some punk queen jars and tiles before the price rises.

Comment

I don't get the OP. Why wouldn't you plan for an event that is only 19 months away?

Comment

It's not like she's actually 'staggering on'. She'll no doubt break a hundred, like her mum.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                  Presumably when she loses her wicket there will be a bank holiday for the funeral and another for the coronation, so if she staggers on to say July 2022 it could be a bumper year.
                  Diana funeral strategy. They'll be on Saturday so that the proles can still work while turning up in maximum numbers over the weekends events.

Comment

Rather smacks of presumption.

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
                      They'll be on Saturday so that the proles can still work while turning up in maximum numbers over the weekends events.
                      Real proles work on Saturdays.

Comment

Yep, the OP was my first thought when hearing this on the news earlier.

As for this proposed holiday, my two thoughts are 'will most people still actually be working by then?' and 'if they are, will they really be able to justify a four-day shutdown?'

Comment

The Government are pushing it as a four day holiday, but it's two days set around a weekend and one of those days is one we already had that's just been shunted back a week.
                          They're using the same method as they do for how many hospitals they're going to build.

Comment

Only this government could try and flog a weekend as a 'holiday'.

Comment

If my wife doesn't crack under work pressure and go before her chosen date, she'll be retiring into a lomg weekend especially designed for her...

Comment

Working...
                              X