Unexpected encounters with OTFers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In another thread, I mentioned surprisingly seeing Spearmint Rhino in a post at Jezebel.

Today, I virtually ran into wingco.

I love the thought that Philadelphia hipsters have spent much of today investigating exactly who Arthur Negus was.

Comment

I've always thought the world would be a better place if the Sons of Negus really were.

Comment

It's become expected in a way, but I see SR quite a bit at gigs. He's there to review them, I'm there because I'm paid to be there.

Due to my not-acknowledging-people-off-the-internet policy I've never broken cover. But it happens. He's a distinctive man.

Comment

I always look for Horse when my train passes through Mortlake.

I'm not even sure he uses this station, nor exactly what he looks like, nor what I'd do if I see him as my train hurtles through at 50 mph.

Perhaps I could just underline his name in my notebook.

Comment

Purves Grundy wrote:
            I love the thought that Philadelphia hipsters have spent much of today investigating exactly who Arthur Negus was.
            Ha ha.

Comment

HORN wrote:
              I always look for Horse when my train passes through Mortlake.

I'm not even sure he uses this station, nor exactly what he looks like, nor what I'd do if I see him as my train hurtles through at 50 mph.

Perhaps I could just underline his name in my notebook.
              You're wasting your time there - the horse moved down to Brighton & Hove last year.

Comment

A few months back, I got a call from reception saying 'Antonio' was there to see me. I was like "Who the fuck is Antonio? I don't know anyone named Antonio." AG, y'see.

Comment

Carcass was cited in a Language Log post a couple months ago, which came as a pleasant surprise.

Comment

Walking back from our draw at Northampton on Good Friday last year, I bumped into A Doctor Speaks. He was, as he always is in the flesh, good company, and joined the London Millers in a swift pint and the journey back to town. He didn't even mind when I introduced him to all the London Millers with the wrong name...

Comment

I saw Steveeeeee's name on a picture in which one of my FB contacts had been tagged the other day. One of those two world's collide thing (which is not that surprising really, since steveeeeeee's now in - lucky him - that secind non OTF world)

Comment

@GO: He was indeed good company when he and I met. Then he came on here and said I hadn't struck him as very intelligent. So, well, you know.

Comment

I met that E10 once. What a shit he turned out to be, I can tell you

Comment

I've met Dalliance, IMP, E10,The Quiet Man, and my homeboys Cougar and DGAX.
                            None unexpected, but as expected they were fucking diamond geezers the lot of 'em.

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote:
                              Walking back from our draw at Northampton on Good Friday last year, I bumped into A Doctor Speaks. He was, as he always is in the flesh, good company, and joined the London Millers in a swift pint and the journey back to town. He didn't even mind when I introduced him to all the London Millers with the wrong name...
                              Happens to the best of us, GO.

Comment

I saw myself in the mirror this morning.

Comment

I've met Ball Comrade and steveeeeeeeee, both in their natural habitats, and Lodz in London. All those were planned, though. The only time I've bumped into an OTFer was when I was queueing for tickets for a River Plate game last year and got a tap on the shoulder and asked 'do you speak English? You're not Sam Kelly, are you?' - it was Banton, who hadn't even informed me he was in Buenos Aires.

Comment

Why at Last! wrote:
                                    @GO: He was indeed good company when he and I met. Then he came on here and said I hadn't struck him as very intelligent. So, well, you know.
                                    Maybe you should have struck him.

Comment

Ha ha.

Comment

When did we meet Calvert, if I may sound rude and forgetful

Comment

I was walking down 5th Avenue on Friday and looked up to find myself in front of the Museum of Sex. Naturally, I instantly thought of Nishlord, so I'm claiming that as an unexpected encounter with an OTFer.

Comment

I was in a bookstore on my lunch break today, and while looking for the book I had in mind, a book that was front and center on a display was Future Days by David Stubbs.

Comment

Listening to the A's, tapping my keyboard, realising this thread is three years old.

Nothing to add.

Comment

Bumped into GCostanza on Saturday after the Rayners Lane - Penn & Tylers Green match. He was there for a bit of light hopping.

Comment

5 years ago, bumped into a Welsh OTFer in China. Good times. I love Wales and everything about it. The flag, the accent and...I don't know what they eat.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X