Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Gingrich reminded Fox News, "he's had a lot of concussions"

Comment

I would think the habitual liar path wins over that by a very easy margin. Though Gingrich, as many, are in a completely different world.

Comment

This is just an astonishing story.

In an ideal world, of course, all Republicans would lose. But in second-best world with a marginal victory for Democrats, Walker and Oz and Boduc (and, in a dream case, Vance) lose, while Laxalt and Budd win, leaving a very clear narrative that nominating Trumpy candidates who have no other qualities but being Trumpy* is electoral disaster.

*Trying really hard not to use mental health language here - my instincts definitely make me want to use terms I shouldn't. Thanks to OTF for making me aware of this, although I still often fail on it.

Comment

Nice one, SB.

Comment

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1579788950696185859

Fox News presenter job in the offing?

Comment

Who is she again?

Comment

Gabbard has already guest hosted for Tucker Carlson as a "Democrat"

I imagine that they would much prefer that she stay in Congress, as the chances of getting anyone else elected as a Republican are extremely low.

Comment

She exploited Hinduphobia (which I think is real, as noted elsewhere) to make it all about herself:

https://twitter.com/tulsigabbard/status/1235633239936638983?lang=en
                  Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 11-10-2022, 19:57.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                    Gabbard has already guest hosted for Tucker Carlson as a "Democrat"

I imagine that they would much prefer that she stay in Congress, as the chances of getting anyone else elected as a Republican are extremely low.
                    It seems she's no longer in the House. She didn't run in order to concentrate on her presidential campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post

It seems she's no longer in the House. She didn't run in order to concentrate on her presidential campaign income from right wing broadcast outlets who want to pretend they're showing balance by having someone who was once a Democrat on their panel.
                      FIFY

Comment

Meanwhile, on Biden himself, there was a brief few hours of "gotcha" delight on Fox a couple of days ago when they got a hacked voicemail from Biden to Hunter from 2018.

Until everyone on the internet realised that Joe Biden was just being a decent father of a son who was an addict, and it made Fox look like utter scum who hadn't the slightest concept of empathy. Suddenly this story has vanished from the right-wing media.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022...s-sean-hannity

Comment

The press narrative around Fetterman and his health is now fully gone into ableism and is seeing assistive accommodations as making someone unfit for office.

https://twitter.com/jmart/status/1579986004185739265

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1580025613930631168

Comment

Biden has officially announced running for a second term.

Comment

Next presidential election is looking like a replay of 2020. Not good for the Orang Utan, though the consequent reverberations will be scary.

Comment

Bernie Sanders 2028

Comment

Sanders Feinstein Big Tent candidacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                    Sanders Feinstein Big Tent candidacy.
                                    The Bern is a lot sharper than Feinstein… or Biden for that matter. Cool that we got the figurehead president that other countries have, just by stealth and with unelected ministers to boot.

Comment

Interesting discussion

https://twitter.com/deepstateradio/status/1652311893824921603?t=-qISEreH6gFUnDRpoZEX1g&s=19

Comment

So what's with this 14th amendment talk?

Comment

There is an argument that the 14th Amendment requires the US to pay it's debts and therefore trumps the limitations imposed by the "debt ceiling"

The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned.

Comment

Yellen has said that invoking it would cause a constitutional crisis.

Comment

We have been in a constitutional crisis since at least 2016

Comment

If you asked me, that seems pretty clear and transparent that there's no way the US could refuse to pay its debts under that amendment.

The fact that congress brought in a "debt limit" long ago doesn't mean that it's constitutional. In fact, how can it be legal for congress to both say it will spend money (by passing spending plans) and simultaneously says it won't (by refusing to pay the US's debts)

But I'm not a conservative supreme court justice.

The constitutional crisis will come because the Supremes will ignore the constitution and side with the Republicans, as always.

Comment

Which I might welcome, it’s time the Supreme Court gets cut down to size a bit.

Comment

Debt incurred "for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion". Surely that is just some archaic text no longer relevant to the modern US. Oh wait....

Comment

Working...
                                                    X