Biden - his time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course she is

https://twitter.com/deforestnews6/status/1562242537334755328?s=21&t=tM5sRLnhTPA4WDoR8hdddw

Comment

Do nothing Daniel Webster.

It is like there is an equivalent of the KLF's The Manual but for shitty meme world politicians.

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post

Fried was basically reduced to standing on a Woman's Choice agenda. There was more too it, but that is where she ended up.
        Christ has also been running pro-Choice ads. The DeSantis ad I've seen portrays a mother thanking him for sending the kids back to school during COVID.

Christ beating Fried is more evidence of how fucked this state is. The Democrats can't get any kind of progressive vote to turn out in a crucial primary.

Gaetz beat his challenger.
        Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 24-08-2022, 10:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post

Christ has also been running pro-Choice ads. The DeSantis ad I've seen portrays a mother thanking him for sending the kids back to school during COVID.

Christ beating Fried is more evidence of how fucked this state is. The Democrats can't get any kind of progressive vote to turn out in a crucial primary.

Wow! Politics in the States really is full of surprises!

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
            Gaetz is killing me. I check the news every morning looking for news of his arrest. What is taking so long?

Comment

The Republican losing the special election in NY-19, and the other one only winning by about 7 in NY-23 are interesting results and match what appears to have been a bit of a swing to Democrats since Dobbs. I still fully expect them to lose both houses in November, but it might be a bit closer than I had been fearing.

Comment

The most respectable explanation for Gaetz is that the "ring" has proven to be larger than originally thought and thst prosecutors are still trying to unravel it.

A somewhat less satisfying answer is that the guy who flipped is so squirrelly that they are afraid to put him in front of a jury.

There is also a chance that they may be hung up on the mistrial scenarios we were discussing earlier, given Gaetz' popularity in Florida.

Other possible explanations are even less satisfying.

Comment

It is, in the case of both of the previous two posts, the hope that kills you.

Comment

Loomer is a funny character, she’s a nasty sort but also legitimately stupid. She once chained herself to Twitter HQ, neglecting to chain herself to both doors, so she spent all day being excused by people entering their offices before she got inevitably arrested.

she’ll also turn up to anything for publicity, she’s ended up sharing a stage not just with Nazis but complete grifters like Jack Posobiec and the like.

Comment

Nick Fuentes was at her "victory party" last night

Do you think that she is dumber than Greene or Boebert?

Comment

Originally posted by Flynnie View Post
                        Loomer is a funny character, she’s a nasty sort but also legitimately stupid. She once chained herself to Twitter HQ, neglecting to chain herself to both doors, so she spent all day being excused by people entering their offices before she got inevitably arrested.

There's No "I" In Idiot - The Laura Loomer Story

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                          Nick Fuentes was at her "victory party" last night

Do you think that she is dumber than Greene or Boebert?
                          Her ability to get arrested doing stupid things, tweeting stupid things even by her own standards, and her nonpareil ability to get banned from everything online is in a class of its own. I’m pretty sure Greene and Boebert can order DoorDash.

She’s also had a massive amount of plastic surgery, to the point that she even looks different from when I first heard about her in 2016, which doesn’t help her current comedy conservative status.

Comment

Yeah, her current facial appearance is really unsettling.

Comment

I had not heard of her until yesterday. And, wow, that's some special plastic surgery at work.

Comment

How does a POS like Nick Fuentes square his white nationalist pride with his clearly Latino roots and name. Has he convinced himself it's pronounced 'Foonts' or something?

Comment

I'm beginning to think that she is genuinely ill, rather than just evil and stupid

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                    I'm beginning to think that she is genuinely ill, rather than just evil and stupid

Yes, that had occurred to me too.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                      How does a POS like Nick Fuentes square his white nationalist pride with his clearly Latino roots and name. Has he convinced himself it's pronounced 'Foonts' or something?
                                      There are sadly not a tiny amount of Latino racists. Don't forget that Latinos are just as capable of identifying as white as someone with northern European heritage.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post

There are sadly not a tiny amount of Latino racists. Don't forget that Latinos are just as capable of identifying as white as someone with northern European heritage.
                                        Yeah...I know it, but i still struggle with it. Who are 'hardline anti-immigrant politicians' talking about if not Mexicans rather than...you know...the Irish?

Comment

I can't find anything about Fuentes' ancestry, but he very well might not have family from Mexico.

This is a broad overgeneralization, but Cubans in Florida would likely not think that they have anything in common with Mexicans or an immigrant from Central America. And there are the people who would say that they/their family came here "the right way," so why can't those people?

Comment

From a 2019 Washington Post piece

Fuentes said he is Catholic and that his ethnic background includes Mexican heritage through his father’s ancestors. In a video after the August shootings in El Paso that left 22 dead, including Mexicans and Mexican Americans, Fuentes declared: “The easiest way for Mexicans to not get shot and killed in Walmart is for them to not [expletive] be here.”

Asked about that statement and others, Fuentes said in an email: “I don’t feel compelled to explain every ‘shocking’ phrase I’ve uttered in the over 1,000 hours of content I’ve produced in the span of four years. It’s kind of missing the point.”
                                            "Father's ancestors" is vague enough to allow for a similar "right way" argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                              I can't find anything about Fuentes' ancestry, but he very well might not have family from Mexico.
                                              No, no. I just meant 'for example'. I know all Latinos aren't from Mexico. I assume a Fuentes could have come from Spain in the 1600s, but I assume that's far fetched.

Comment

Anyway, aside from the horse-racey electoral stuff and the grading-of-crazy on the Republican side, there appear to be a couple of genuinely good things coming out of the administration right now.

The lesser of the two is student loan forgiveness. But it's very good, and it seems to be fairly targeted. Only the first $10k, and only to people earning under $125k. Which means it's mostly going to the people more in need rather than being a taxpayer subsidy to people who're going to earn millions in law or medicine or business. Added to which they seem to be trying to restructure the rest of student repayments. This is a good thing, but not a particularly important one. It might be important politically - get the under-30s enthused about the Biden administration - but really I don't think it's a massive deal for the country.

The bigger of the two is in the "Inflation Reduction Act" and I've only seen it reported in the last couple of days. Apparently, getting this through Congress means that there is now actual legislation defining greenhouse gases as pollution. Which is the exact argument the Supreme Court used to sabotage the EPA earlier in the year - the EPA can't regulate stuff which it hasn't explicitly been told to by Congress said the deranged supremes. So, after the Supremes hobbled the EPA, Congress has now hobbled the Supremes' ruling. And now carbon gases can be regulated properly.

Comment

https://twitter.com/justinsink/status/1562470265665495040?s=21&t=JKL0qaOCMWiqTzfrj9xB2A

Comment

Ah! Now that part really seems very good. I hadn't seen that yet.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X