Marcus Rashford Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

The captioner is expecting a broader definition of "our own" from the Tories. It needs to be narrower than that, then a bit narrower... now go narrower again.

Comment

https://twitter.com/cllrjesslennox/status/1349057526944456705?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by lambers View Post
          The captioner is expecting a broader definition of "our own" from the Tories. It needs to be narrower than that, then a bit narrower... now go narrower again.
          I think it's actually "we need to look after what we own".

Comment

Re: publicly-run free school meals, here's a parcel provided by Caerphilly council v. one of the infamous Chartwell parcels (from here):

Comment

Apparently Johnson has been on the phone with Marcus again this morning.

Leaving aside the moral degradation of the people supplying these privatised 'hampers', I just want to have a little marvel at the British PM being at the mercy of the England captain on this.

And a lot of his MPs will not be happy that a Black working class footballer has him at his beck and call, as they are likely to see it. Makes him look weak as piss. Which he is.

Anyway, good on Marcus, let's hope he keeps holding their feet to the fire on this and hope he doesn't have to soon.

Comment

Brendan O' Neill sits down and tries to write his latest Spiked column in response to the food parcel crisis.

"AT LEAST THEY GOT HALF A PEPPER. IF THE LIBERAL ELITE HAD THEIR WAY THERE'D BE CHAOS AND MASS PEPPER SHORTAGES"

(Naah. Try harder, Brendan)

"IN 1378 THESE FOOD PARCELS WOULD HAVE BEEN CONSIDERED A CHRISTMAS TREAT. MODERN DAY SOFT LIVING HAS SPOILED US."

(Hmm . . bollocks, try again)

"ONCE AGAIN, OUR ELECTED GOVERNMENT CAVES TO THE DO-GOODING WHIM OF AN UNELECTED FOOTBALLER. MARCUS RASHFORD IS THE REAL THREAT TO DEMOCRACY, NOT DONALD TRUMP."

(Shit. I hate myself and want to die. Fucking mortgage . . )

Comment

This is so odd

Johnson’s not the Prime Minister, he’s still hosting Have I Got News for You
                  https://twitter.com/demarionunn/status/1349339246121910273?s=21

Comment

Food vouchers are back from next week, ?15 for each FSM student per week. Let's hope the online system works better than last time.

Great work from Marcus Rashford and Jack Monroe on this.

Comment

I think when Piers Morgan is questioning you about your voting record and basically making you out to be a thick cunt on TV, it's time to ask yourself if you're actually one of the baddies.

And yes Matt Hancock you are a hypocritical thick cunt and one of the baddies.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/football...droidApp_Other

More on and from Marcus Rashford.

Comment

Comment

Marcus Rashford wins again, but not the DfE deadline, schools were emailed this on Wednesday or Thursday and have until midday today to respond.

Comment

that's a very impressive interview, AE, thanks for sharing. This bit got to e.

Rashford needs no reminder that his stardom rested on a multitude of small sacrifices from people around him, the brother who took him to training, the coaches such as Dave Horrocks who gave him somewhere to go and play. His best friends remain the two neighbours with whom he went to school breakfast club. He has a tattoo on his midriff of the terrace house he grew up in on the edge of Northern Moor, once one of the largest council estates in Europe. “Acts of kindness there were common and sometimes unrecognised,” he says; he remembers Sam at his local chippy frequently slipping him a free bag of chips when he looked hungry. “It’s only at my age now that I realise those subtle acts were my community wrapping their arms around me and saying, ‘We have you and we will protect you.’ That’s really special.”

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ver-owned-book

The campaign not just to feed kids but give them something to read reaches its next stage. This is the UK everyone. In 2021.

Comment

Working...
                                X