No announcement yet.

Marcus Rashford Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed - and echo everything said on this thread thus far. (Well, almost everything.)

Thanks Nef.

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
      Thanks all

it's really important to keep the pressure on, the Tories clearly want this to replace the last vestiges of the welfare state- and normalise that the charity inspired by a 22 year old footballer replaces the statutory responsibility (that most Tories in the 70's and 90's would have accepted) of ensuring no child goes hungry.
      Signed. It's not even 'clear'. They are actually saying it by spinning that what is happening is what should happen.

Comment

Do get it out there- it surprised me how many of you hadn't encountered it yet.

And thanks JW

Comment

Originally posted by Muukalainen View Post
          Signed. Big thanks to Nef, there's a lot of stuff us ex-pats (well, this one, anyway...) would miss if other OTFers didn't prod it in front of us.
          This. 680k. Thanks Nef.

Comment

I didn't know of its existence and have signed; and shared it with as many people as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Muukalainen View Post
              Signed. Big thanks to Nef, there's a lot of stuff us ex-pats (well, this one, anyway...) would miss if other OTFers didn't prod it in front of us.
              This

Comment

The Tories would count all this as a victory, that's the sad thing. They want to replace the state with charity in such cases. Need to keep the pressure on them to provide these meals.

Kudos to Rashford. Amazing guy.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jimski View Post
                    The Tories would count all this as a victory, that's the sad thing. They want to replace the state with charity in such cases. Need to keep the pressure on them to provide these meals.

Comment

This bundle of joy is what the people of Workington got in return of falling for the Tories' lies at the last election.

https://twitter.com/markjenkinsonmp/status/1319723319566962690?s=20

Comment

....and this is what he was riding to the rescue of (Bradley rather than Rayner, if it needs saying):

https://twitter.com/AngelaRayner/status/1319698900069076994?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
                          This bundle of joy is what the people of Workington got in return of falling for the Tories' lies at the last election.

https://twitter.com/markjenkinsonmp/status/1319723319566962690?s=20
                          Ex-UKIP and ex-BNP gammon-headed twat.

Vile human being.

Comment

What's the mood is in Workington, and all the other former Labour seats where people voted for this lot. The unpleasant fash-flrirting Matthew Goodwin has written in the times that
                            the "culture war" is as important as economics

https://twitter.com/davies_will/status/1320087100843298817?s=20

Love to know your thoughts- anyone's thoughts... (maybe it needs it's own thread though) Marcus is back tweeting after the Chelsea game.

Comment

Cumbria is still in Tier 1 (Barrow might be in Tier 2, can't remember) but the mood seems to be one of solidarity with the rest of the North and a feeling that the North is getting f-ed over by the Tories again.

There is a lot of stuff about free meals going on locally - establishments coming out and saying they'll offer meals during half term, or fund raising going on - I can see some people who I suspect voted Tory last time applauding, promoting or even organising some of this stuff so there is some hope that they are joining the dots here, but in a more pessimistic mood I worry that it is another Captain Tom / clapping on the doorstep episode which will get forgotten about in 2024 when the Tories spook people again about Labour putting a penny on income tax.

Comment

Thanks WFD

https://twitter.com/marcusrashford/status/1320121376959848450?s=21

Comment

Guy Mowbray on Match of the Day; "Even if you don't agree with his causes.." I re-wound it and played it again, he really did say it; "Even if you don't believe in his causes.."

No other words.

Comment

Fucking hell.

Comment

https://twitter.com/StrategyYeah/status/1319957374480883712?s=20

It's contentious AH/TG. Some people support feeding hungry children and some don't and the BBC mustn't be seen to make political remarks. it's not as if it were like wearing a poppy, for instance.

Comment

All in the interest of balance..

Comment

If there's one thing about sports broadcasting which I find utterly perplexing it's the success of Guy Mowbray. He has a an annoying voice, coupled with an annoying manner, and is completely bereft of any insight, charm, humour or any other attribute that would make me want to spend 90 seconds in his company, never mind 90mins. How he gets given big games is beyond me.

Comment

But otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by Artificial Hipster View Post
                                              Guy Mowbray on Match of the Day; "Even if you don't agree with his causes.." I re-wound it and played it again, he really did say it; "Even if you don't believe in his causes.."

No other words.
                                              The most ‘generous’ thing I can say here is that this must be Davie’s recent directive kicking in.

Depressing, disturbing, retrograde.

Comment

Maybe we should start holding journalists and commentators to account. They're all on Twitter. Tweet the clip and tag him asking him directly why he doesn't support that cause. If he says something blah blah balance ask him why he's so worried about offending people who are ideologically committed to letting children starve.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Guymowbray/statu...466840065?s=19

Comment

https://twitter.com/Guymowbray/status/1320275255466840065

Of course you can ignore the existence of an alternative view. For comparison, Match of the Day routinely commented on the taking of the knee in the 100-ish games after the restart last season, without thinking they need to add "whether you're for or against racial equality" (this season they show the gesture without comment).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X