Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important to note that yesterday was a bank holiday for many

Comment

Doesn't early / heavy turnout usually bode ill for the incumbent?

Comment

It is rarely a vote of confidence in the status quo

Comment

I think that generally you learn nothing from early turnout stuff - and will learn even less than normal this year because the circumstances are just completely outside of any previous experience.

Comment

The one ineluctable impact is that late October surprises cannot change votes that have already been cast.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
              The one ineluctable impact is that late October surprises cannot change votes that have already been cast.
              Unless that is the October surprise.

Comment

She's even worse than I imagined.

If able to, the Dems must stack.

Comment

I agree. I totally understand that there were tons of questions she legally or ethically couldn't answer, but there were a sufficient number that she could have and chose not to. And hey, she'll probably only be there for 40+ years.

Comment

She's the Federalist Society's End of Level Boss

Comment

God, please go away already, one way or another

[https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1316808230278963200

Comment

Teenager wipes floor with SCOTUS nominee.

https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1316736048056225792?s=20

Comment

Feinstein and Pelosi. What a team

Comment

https://twitter.com/whstancil/status/1316820676917907457

Comment

Feinstein really is fucking awful. How the hell California let her get away with another term last time is beyond me.

I don't find Pelosi so bad. I really enjoy how much joy she gets from making Republicans angry. And she seems broadly good at her job of keeping the caucus in line. She's obviously not great, but she's nothing like in Feinstein's league of awfulness.

Comment

de Le?n ran a dog's breakfast of a campaign, mas o menos.

Comment

He has nowhere near the name recognition as Feinstein. It would take a very well-funded primary opponent who already is known to mount a credible challenge, though jesus christ I can't imagine her running again.

Comment

No sane person would run again. She would be 89 during the campaign and continues to tarnish whatever legacy she had (some of us remember her mayoralty).

That said, she can self-fund a campaign if she wants to, which is always dangerous.

Comment

She's one reason to feel pessimistic that the Democrats will deliver any meaningful social change even if they have the White House and Senate in January, especially if the majority is so small that it only needs one person to abstain or switch for any vote to fall.

Of course that doesn't mean the election is meaningless, just that it mainly limits further erosions of old gains rather than leading to new gains.
                                      Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 16-10-2020, 08:58.

Comment

On the other hand, not having a narcissistic sociopath in the White House and a corrupt and unprincipled nihilist as Senate Leader can be seen as meaningful change in and of themselves.

It's unfortunate that Robert Caro can't do a Feinstein biography. She has been making things worse for decades.

Comment

Every time she makes my blood pressure rise, I close my eyes and think about Jello Biafra running against her for mayor of SF and cutting a promo video of him vacuuming the sidewalk outside her house.

Comment

California-a state of 40 Million people. The richest part of the entire planet, has two seats in the Senate. One of them is taken by Diane Feinstein. Wow!

Comment

Right, so, who can help me with Article III Section 3? This bit in particular:

The Congress shall have power to declare the punishment of treason, but no attainder of treason shall work corruption of blood, or forfeiture except during the life of the person attainted.

Comment

"Your" fault, as is often the case with the Constitution

In English criminal law, attainder or attinctura was the metaphorical "stain" or "corruption of blood" which arose from being condemned for a serious capital crime (felony or treason). It entailed losing not only one's life, property and hereditary titles, but typically also the right to pass them on to one's heirs.

Comment

So...no stain on future generations?

Comment

Yup

Comment

Working...
                                                    X