Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

57 baby Roscoe's in 2017.

Comment

There is a girl who has achieved semi-notoriety in the Valleys for being called La-a, pronounced Ladasha. I know someone who taught her.

Comment

I have also heard of a baby called Abcde, pronounced Abseedee.

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
          Names that have been officially rejected by the authorities in New Zealand:

https://www.dia.govt.nz/press.nsf/d7...1!OpenDocument

e.g. Majestee-Honours, Messiah and III (or 111?).
          The UK is one of the more lenient countries in this regard. There are no official restrictions that I'm aware of, apart from that it has to use the alphabet, not other characters, but individual registrars can advise against using certain names. Swear words, for example, are heavily discouraged.

Comment

860+ Jesse's in both 2018 and 2019. Almost entirely boys, but one or two girls as well. It's on the rise.

Comment

No record of Cletus in the UK. The Simpsons has probably ensured there never will be.

Comment

11 baby Jefferson's in 1997.

Comment

Chad has dropped from 110 baby boys in 1997 to 13 in 2019.

Comment

Dale has dropped from 241 baby boys to 8 over the same time period.

Comment

Clay is rising, up to 62 baby boys in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by sw2borshch View Post
                        Strom.
                        Rand.
                        Marcy.
                        Zero Strom's. Ten Rand's in 2016, both boys and girls. 21 baby girls called Marcy in 2019 (it's rising).

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

I'm sure that Duncan Gardner remembers Dale Jasper's reign of terror in a Chelsea shirt in the '80s.
                          Aye, he stood out even in that mediocre era

From memory I think he may have been at school with my old mate 'Team of the 80s' Cridford. Or it might have been another Chelsea stalwart Timmy 'Dutch' Elmes

Comment

Any Ayns?

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
                              Chase
                              Jeb
                              321 baby boys named Chase in 2013. A sprinkling of girls with this name since 1996.

Zero Jeb's. And zero Jebediah's, which surprised me. Generally if I've heard of a name there'll be at least a few.

Comment

Any Ayns?
                                Fortunately no. Closest is Aynsley.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                                  21 baby girls called Marcy in 2019 (it's rising).
                                  Isn't the more common spelling Marcie? (As in the Peanuts character?)

Comment

Chet.
                                    Three Chet's in 2016 and three in 2006.

Comment

Jesus is a very common first name in the Americas. Less so here.

Comment

Tanner
                                        Clay

There's also a propensity to have your first name replaced by initials, AJ being a seemingly common example.
                                        Eight baby boy Tanner's in the UK in 2018. I met an American Tanner on the Inca trail. He hadn't thought to slim down his rucksack (we left everything but essentials for the three-day hike at a hostel) and was carting something like 20kg in high altitude, swearing most of the time.

Comment

You missed Cooter and Enos.
                                          Neither of these seem to have made it to the UK yet.

Comment

A friend of mine was at uni with a girl called Crys Lear - her full name was Crystal Shanda Lear (true)

Comment

My husband knew a Crystal Maize.

Comment

I should clarify that the site I'm using is only actually for names in England and Wales. There may be quite a bit of variation for Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                                  Yeah, we have most of the Staceys, Kims and Lornes too.
                                                  Six baby Lorne's in 2001.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                                    Lorne is 100% Canada only, I think, as is Gord. I know a few Gordon's over age 60, but no Gords or Gordies.

And, of course, there's the hockey style of diminutives. I don't know if that's just hockey or a Canadian thing.
                                                    I went to university with a Gordon and a friend's "gay best friend" is also called Gordon, but I think this may be an anomaly, it's not that common.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X