super injunctions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

super injunctions

what are we allowed to say about things apparently under super injunctions? Anything at all?

When this last came up a few years ago, the advice was to be very careful so as to shield the site from potential exposure

Interested parties may want to search the term on Twitter

Comment

Ah, so that's what something that I saw on Facebook is all about...

Comment

God I'm curious now!

Comment

i suspect it is an old possibly fake story sporting, having done a bit of googling. though not sure

Comment

Super injunctions are the ones where you can't even report on the injunction, aren't they? (To stop the papers reporting that they're not allowed to tell you what was said in today's court hearing between the politician and the angry goat herder who is suing for criminal damage.)

Comment

Correct. So protected that they can't even talk about them.

Comment

hmm, maybe not. ursus's advice at least throws up the fact that many people are talking about it

Comment

Legally, if someone started a thread that was about a super injunction, then I think that even removing it isn't good enough. Ironically, I'd have to be told that such a topic was under a super injunction, which, er, I'm not sure can be done.
                  Last edited by Snake Plissken; 22-08-2020, 16:11.

Comment

**"He that would keep a secret must keep it secret, that he hath a secret to keep."**

Sir Humphrey Appelby

Comment

This, via E10 on Twitter, is much more interesting

https://twitter.com/radioleary/status/1296888191463686145

Comment

How many of the commentators think they're being funny/original by mentioning Bielsa?

Comment

I thought it was meant to be Cummings gone to seed.

Comment

That wedding ring robber thing has gone right over my head

Comment

The "suspect" is thought (by many) to look like Marcelo Bielsa

Comment

Is the superinjunction the thing about someone, er, fiddling?

Comment

I think it's about the individual that they always seems to be about.

Comment

No it's not about Ryan Giggs

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                      Is the superinjunction the thing about someone, er, fiddling?
                                      Fiddling what? Company accounts, small children, a violin?

Comment

Yup, one of those.

Comment

My vote was Cummings as the ring thief.

Comment

I couldn't give a fiddlers fart about who this fucker sleeps with, but if the break up of his latest relationship is why he abandoned office for a fortnight he should be on charges.

Comment

I wondered why the Guardian were running a story yesterday about who was in the tent outside the place he was staying in Scotland. I assume it's a writing about a story without actually technically breaking any superinjunction requirements kind of thing.

Comment

In today's Sunday Times (no, I don't subscribe) there is a photo of a couple with baby and dog in Scotland. Maybe ad hoc (upthread) is right.

Comment

But if it's all fake, why don't the interested parties come forward, present the relevant evidence and in the process win some publicity brownie points?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X