Please sign, share and join

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    When I tried to object using the mailchimp letter I got the following message from google
    413. That’s an error.

Your client issued a request that was too large. That’s all we know.
    Thanks for trying and letting me know.

I've emailed it to you now.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
      It was only a short para at the start.

As you will doubtless have noted, the bulk of the text below is from a mail template developed by the people objecting to the development. I am, however, in full agreement with the points made and evidence supplied. Furthermore, I’d like to note from a professional point of view, as a long-time teacher in Infants and Early Years, that the continual loss of access to open spaces is contributing to the well-documented deterioration in children’s mental health. This is a serious loss of amenity, recognised by the local planning authority.

Got grandkids here at the mo or I'd work up some more!
      That's excellent, thanks a lot.

Comment

Today's the last day for us to get in our objections.

More than 850 people have signed our petition, thanks to all who've done it on here. My target has always been 1,000.

I've been posting on Facebook a lot to try to get some more people to send in objection letters using the links we've set up. I've no idea how many people have done that but seeing as originally we only had 66 people formally object according to the Planning Application website I'm sure we're way over that now.

I've done a little on Instagram and Twitter but I'm not sure how effective that's been, but even one additional objection is something. I've also followed a few people on here on Twitter.

Despite all that we've done people are still apathetic or unaware, that always amazes me.

Midnight tonight it is.

Then a short break and moving onto the next phase.

Comment

Best of luck Antepli

Comment

Any updates on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
              Any updates on this?
              Nothing yet, I'll share as soon as we find out anything.

We managed to get the developers to come back and lower their fence inline with planning regulations, they weren't best pleased and were again abusive towards members of the public. Delightful gammon.

Comment

Appeal rejected. Thanks to everyone for their support, I'm expecting the developers to appeal but the rejection appears to be pretty strong and not based so much on their design but the location.

Link to decision online: https://acp.planninginspectorate.gov...ileid=40581311

Here it is if you fancy a read, it's not letting me upload a photo for some reason.

Comment

Excellent news. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                    Appeal rejected. Thanks to everyone for their support, I'm expecting the developers to appeal but the rejection appears to be pretty strong and not based so much on their design but the location.

Link to decision online: https://acp.planninginspectorate.gov...ileid=40581311

Here it is if you fancy a read, it's not letting me upload a photo for some reason.
                    Congratulations!

Comment

Yeah nice one. What are their options for appeal?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                        Yeah nice one. What are their options for appeal?
                        Judicial review apparently.

Comment

That seems a stretch

Comment

That seems a stretch
                            Hopefully.

They bought the land for 105k in a dodgy deal, we've lodged a complaint with the Charity Commission.

I'm not sure how much they have spent on designs and other costs but let's call it 45k.

2 x 1 bedroom and 1 x 2 bedroom flats around here would be about 1 million or so in total.

Not sure about construction costs but people have estimated 350k to 500k.

That leaves around 400k in profit, I think they'll try again.

Comment

I can see that there's an incentive for them. JR isn't cheap or easy to win, mind.

Comment

I can see that there's an incentive for them. JR isn't cheap or easy to win, mind.
                                Let's hope so. The appeal judgement is very much in our favour but there's a lot of opinion there which might be changeable. Hopefully not.

Comment

Changeable maybe, but challengeable is a much higher bar.

Comment

Changeable maybe, but challengeable is a much higher bar.
                                    Thanks for that, it's reassuring. Did you read the rejection? Nothing about kids and green spaces.

Comment

I have read it - have to be honest, it seems pretty thin, just in general. But then they must do hundreds of these all the time. I'm not any kind of planning law expert obviously, but it's not obvious to me what the ground for JR would be.

Comment

Working...
                                      X