• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Douglas Ross - new Scottish Tory Leader

Congratulations there to the Scottish Conservatives

You've elected a racist on a par with the national ("English") leader

https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/stat...16069742813184

Referee. Told you they were all Tory grasses.

Comment

https://twitter.com/molach95/status/1291027223110201345

Comment

"If you could do anything as prime minister without repercussion, what would you do?"

"Well forget about world peace or ending homelessness, I can't wait to get stuck into gypsies".

It's just.. there's not even a specific thing he's addressing is there? Like 'I keep reading in the Daily Mail that they nick things, we should clamp down on them stealing'. He just wants a non-descript enforcement against an entire group.

Comment

I think this what passes for 'aspirational' in Conservative circles, these days.

Comment

Aspirational conservatism is picking which groups you don't want to include in society. That's about it.

Comment

As I keep saying on this subject, anyone who grew up in Scotland during the Thatcher and Major governments and thinks "hmmmm, Toryism, what a splendid idea" lacks even the tiniest trace of empathy for their fellow humans. See also: Ferguson, Niall and Kuenssberg, Laura.

Comment

Originally posted by That Night In Barcelona View Post
                It's just.. there's not even a specific thing he's addressing is there? Like 'I keep reading in the Daily Mail that they nick things, we should clamp down on them stealing'. He just wants a non-descript enforcement against an entire group.
                He's clearly bringing his experience in at flag waving and (dog) whistling.

Comment

Working...
                X