Personal Photos Of Historical or Natural Sites You Have Visited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal Photos Of Historical or Natural Sites You Have Visited

Qualification is the photo must have been taken by you, or a member of your friends and family group, and should ideally be accompanied by some context of date and nature of trip.

This and those that follow are from Friday July 24, 2020, by my wife in Selma and Montgomery, Alabama:

I see photos in the first two posts but not the subsequent ones, Satch.

Comment

I have deleted them due to a fault at my end.
      Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 30-07-2020, 21:56.

Comment

Many times to this location. Always amazed it looks almost identical to 1963.

Comment

Niagara Falls, September 2018 (!).

Context: Holiday. What, are you gonna fly all the way to Ontario from the UK and not go to Niagara Falls? Exactly.

Comment

Does this count ? I am in the reflection. This was in 2018

I also went to the public viewing of Aretha 'lying in state' - and they had her Pink Cadillac on view outside Charles H. Wright Museum of African American History where Aretha was placed for viewing. I have pics of the line I was in and the Caddy.

Comment

These are great.

Comment

Trinity Site - October, 1992. Crappy instamatic 35mm. Need to search for happier historical snaps.

Comment

Sunrise over the coastline of Argentina, shot from seat 2A of an LAN airplane on its way from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia. November 2014. I was on my way to...

Comment

Antarctica. November 2014. Tourist trip bought for myself as a reward for completing my PhD. At the end of this trip, I had visited all continents of this planet.

Comment

I'm not sure I'm doing this right. Are these "Sites"?

Comment

In fairly short order a few years ago I visited...
                        • Hiroshima - the rather modest plaque opposite a garage marking where the Atomic bomb detonated
                        • The street in Sarajevo where a plaque marked the spot where Archduke Franz Ferdinand was assassinated
                        • Lenin's mausoleum
                        • Kim il Sun's mausoleum
                        • Mao tse Tung's mausoleum
                        • Robben Island
                        • Auschwitz
                        • The Green Line in Cyprus
                        • Agdam - an abandoned city in Nagorno Karabakh
                        • Estadio Centenario in Montevideo - where the first World Cup final was played
                        • The Wailing Wall
                        ...and I didn't bring back a single photo from any of them

Worst tourist ever.

Comment

Originally posted by colchestersid View Post
                          In fairly short order a few years ago I visited...
                          • Hiroshima - the rather modest plaque opposite a garage marking where the Atomic bomb detonated
                          • The street in Sarajevo where a plaque marked the spot where Archduke Franz Ferdinand was assassinated
                          • Lenin's mausoleum
                          • Kim il Sun's mausoleum
                          • Mao tse Tung's mausoleum
                          • Robben Island
                          • Auschwitz
                          • The Green Line in Cyprus
                          • Agdam - an abandoned city in Nagorno Karabakh
                          • Estadio Centenario in Montevideo - where the first World Cup final was played
                          • The Wailing Wall
                          ...and I didn't bring back a single photo from any of them

Worst tourist ever.

West Ham must have been on a great cup run that year.

Comment

Either that or a round the world cruise for morbid fetishists.

Comment

Machu Picchu, March 2006:

Machu Picchu - view from near the top by Evan, on Flickr

Untitled by Evan, on Flickr

Comment

Looking north from Grenen, Denmark at the point where two seas meet. On the right is the Baltic Sea, on the left the North Sea - or alternatively, the Skaggerak is on the left, and the Kattegat on the right.

Comment

Never mind the old stones on the hill Inca, even my sister has been there. What she didn't have was a close encounter with a friendly llama. Tell us about that!

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                    Never mind the old stones on the hill Inca, even my sister has been there. What she didn't have was a close encounter with a friendly llama. Tell us about that!

Are we sure that it's a llama though? It could be one of those crossbreed dogs that are all the rage these days, in this case some sort of great dane/poodle hybrid. Hey, it'd be a doodle, (can't see pane working) and the name would sell it on its own!
                                    Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 29-07-2020, 20:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Wouter D View Post
                                      I'm not sure I'm doing this right. Are these "Sites"?
                                      They are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                        What, are you gonna fly all the way to Ontario from the UK and not go to Niagara Falls?
                                        Been a few times. The falls aren't close to Ottawa...

Comment

Hiroshima, 2007 holiday. Not sure that I've ever taken a better photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                            Been a few times. The falls aren't close to Ottawa...
                                            Presumably you were too busy in the D.I.S.C.O.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                              Haha, we crept up on that one and it miraculously didn't move away as we sat down. And it didn't spit at us.

Comment

Originally posted by lambers View Post
                                                Hiroshima, 2007 holiday. Not sure that I've ever taken a better photo.

I was supposed to be there in April. How did you like the city? Did you take the ferry to Itsukushima?

Comment

Ash plume above Eyjafjallajokull, April 2010. Photo taken by my wife as we flew out of Iceland on what turned out to be one of the last flights in Europe for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X