No announcement yet.

The WFH Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do people who, five months ago, wanted to spend more time with their family no longer want to do so?

I'm not taking a pop at anymore in particular here. I just keep hearing it, in real life as well: Let me get back to the office, i.e. away from my family.

Comment

I'm really rather happy. In a month or so, they'll be back at school and the house will be empty all day.

Comment

I don't think our son will be physically back at school, at least not 100% of the time. And though he would prefer to return, I think this is the sensible option for now.

Comment

Ms Felicity back to work two days a week- the service she works for is based in the central library so there are some concerns about quite how the council have organised access, circulation of punters etc.
          No book browsing allowed ( all online, reserve and collect) but obviously there are lots of people who use the library as a place to hang out ( quite rightly since there’s very little else available) and it’s a huge building which will be difficult to ‘police’

Comment

After 18 months working away (and coming home and working for Mrs P most weekends), I've spent the last four at home and no weekend events.

To be honest, I'm missing the office a little bit. One or two days a week would be good. But that's because we've slammed from never being together and what time we do is spent out doing stuff to constantly together and not going anywhere. Thankfully we've got a nice garden to spend time in - been doing a lot out there. I just need a bit of variety, a nice drive out to a pub (not that I'm doing that at the moment), watching a game of football...

Of course, my current client is based in Kent so travelling to their office would be a PITA. Thankfully they've said that they aren't reopening until at least January.

Comment

PITA?

Comment

pain in the arse

Comment

He was only asking!

Comment

I'll set 'em up, you tap 'em in.

Comment

I'm Lineker to your Beardsley.

Comment

Bit harsh on Snake, that.

Comment

Hmmmmmm: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53724338

Comment

It's been a year since I left my last job.
                            I'm very much up for getting back to an office.

Comment

I've got a day's work on Thursday.

Comment

Our place is now talking about "when we return to the office later this year". Still absolutely no indication of what their plans might be. Shitters.

Comment

We're currently back in the office Mon to Weds, and back at home on Thursday and Friday. After four months of WFH, and actually being productive and genuinely working hard, it now feels impossible to get motivated fro the last two days, and certainly last week I achieved very little.

Comment

Just had my first call from an agency since March. Fingers crossed...

Comment

Modelling work?

Comment

All four kids and teacher wife now back in school. The dog keeps wandering in to check up on me, I’ll be working from home for the next few months at least.

We move offices next week so have an allocated hour to nip into the old place to collect my teabags before they bin everything. Then a virtual induction to a new building we won’t see the inside of until the New Year. That was all set up to be 6 desks per 10 staff, all hotdesking and sit anywhere, which suddenly doesn’t work as nobody wants to share keyboards, a mouse and a desk that anyone could have coughed all over.

I suspect we’ll get told to work at home at least 2-3 days a week anyway now

Comment

Where is this gavc23?

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                            Modelling work?
                                            They said it was "erotica" so probably, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                              Where is this gavc23?
                                              Morning, I’m public sector in Edinburgh- but for a national department so get the best/worst of each administration

Comment

So early to go back to school.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                                                  So early to go back to school.
                                                  It’s the usual week for Scotland - in every other year this triggers my rant about the Children’s Book Festival starting now and mostly daytime in the midweek so local kids can’t go to events in their own city.

It’s all online this year, but still mostly midweek daytime, though I can’t be bothered shouting at clouds at the moment. I’ll save it for next year.

Comment

Had the excitement of moving office today - from the kitchen table to the front bedroom.

Normally Mrs TrL claims that, but we had a fella come to fit the blinds in the conservatory today (right next to my kitchen table desk) and I was due to be on a series of Teams calls so she took a non-working day and I took over the upstairs space.

Back to the kitchen tomorrow, excitement over. Still, I'm nearer the fridge and the kettle so it's not all bad.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X