How do I stop 'new device detected' pop-ups on Win10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I stop 'new device detected' pop-ups on Win10

I have an aggravating issue with my laptop, which is that whenever it detects a phone it throws up a whole screen pop-up over whatever I'm looking at. This is a problem because a) it's the only device I own that I can plug my phone (and my friend's phone) into to recharge; and b) the connector I use is an old and slightly iffy USB-mult and sometimes the PC detects it a number of times in quick succession.

I have delved into the notification settings and turned off everything I can possibly find to turn off, but this keeps occurring. Help would be appreciated. Ideally I'd like to turn all system pop-ups off, can't see the point of them at all.

I don't know if it will fix it completely as I basically never plug my phone into my PC, but there should be an option (probably within the pop-up itself) to make a certain action the default when you plug it in. Hopefully that will negate the need for a pop-up. If it's not in the pop-up, try searching for Autoplay in settings.

Alternatively, assuming this is an Android phone, you may be able to prevent it by changing the default USB behaviour on Android (under USB Preferences on my phone) to "no data transfer". I just tested and don't get any sort of pop-up at all on my PC. It's not even recognised as a USB device, it just charges.
    Last edited by Ginger Yellow; 07-07-2020, 07:46.

Comment

Autoplay! Of course! Thanks as ever GY.

Comment

Working...
      X