No announcement yet.

Things you like to put on biscuits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, see, if you'd have been here longer, we could have driven down to Bob Evans in Buffalo and eaten ourselves into a breakfast coma.

Comment

NOW you tell me.

I still have a lot of love for Over Easy on Yonge, though. Excellent Eggs Benedict.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post

Does this even include shows that are filmed before a genuine live audience? ie, Big Bang Theory, etc.
        For me. Big Bang Theory is a classic example. It's desperately unfunny yet people "laugh" where they're told to. It makes me very uncomfortable. It makes me even more uncomfortable in a communal setting where more than one person is looking around thinking "Are any of you laughing? What did I miss?"

There was some new comedy I started watching a few months ago and there was a really overbearing laugh track - and for the first couple of minutes I thought it was ironic, because it was so intrusive and so loud at such unfunny moments. It was only after a while did I realise that it was actually a traditional laugh track. I had to stop watching the show (admittedly, partly because it was so lacking in jokes that it was obvious that the laugh track was misplaced).

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
          NOW you tell me.

I still have a lot of love for Over Easy on Yonge, though. Excellent Eggs Benedict.
          Bob Evans is more like a pound of fried potatoes in a skillet, covered in gravy, bacon, eggs and maybe a side of something.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
            Over Easy on Yonge, though.
            That's Youthspeak, isn't it? You rascal.

Comment

Does this even include shows that are filmed before a genuine live audience? ie, Big Bang Theory, etc.
              Pretty much.
              Watching a sitcom with no laugh track is a much better experience than one with one. Those filmed in front of a live audience are better than ones with canned laughter obviously, but I'd still way rather none at all

Comment

This is a strange conversation.

Comment

Bob Evans is more like a pound of fried potatoes in a skillet, covered in gravy, bacon, eggs and maybe a side of something.
                  Talk dirty to me!

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                    That's Youthspeak, isn't it? You rascal.
                    You should go to Canadia, you'd love it. They force you to learn this stuff at the airport when you arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
                      This is a strange conversation.
                      ad hoc's a strange man. He demands to be the only one in the room laughing.

Comment

As I understand it, laughter is a leftover from our ape ancestors, who would bare their teeth and make a loud noise to scare away members of the troupe who were letting the side down or were a detriment to the group. That's why we find people falling over so funny; it's the leftover wish to make a noise at the person who is making mistakes and is a liability. Obviously this was a group behaviour - one ape laughing at you wouldn't make you leave the group and starve in isolation, so our instincts are hard-wired to respond to the sound and sight of others laughing to join in.

That's why if you're at a live comedy show you'll laugh out load on multiple occasions, whereas watching exactly the same show at home will rarely raise a chuckle.

Comment

from biscuit toppings to anthopology in a few easy steps

Comment

Last night after being on this thread i was cooking in the kitchen with a podcast on, and was absolutely pissing myself laughing. I dunno, apparently that's weird behaviour.

Comment

I like to watch sitcoms with the laughter track on, but sat alone and stony-faced in my room at home in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                              X