No announcement yet.

Flouncing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are advisory bodies that provide a formal forum and process for neighbourhood input on local issues (primarily development, land use, permitting and transit).

They rarely have Independent authority, but are generally taken seriously by city government. I was planning on joining after I retired, but other commitments have since intervened,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commun..._New_York_City

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
      I must have put more time and effort into curating my FB and twitter experience than others have - I see very little awful stuff that upsets me. Or maybe I just have much better friends than everyone else.
      Same. Unfriending is your friend. After the election in 2016, I ruthlessly unfriended a lot of acquaintances and family members. Basically, I you were my FB friend and you posted anything even vaguely supportive of trump or the GOP in general, I would have you ejected from my friend list faster than you could say Obummer.

My FB feed is for photos of dogs, cats and goats and the occasional horse or human child. And funny things. I feel like I have a really good group of FB friends right now and I find it an enjoyable place to be. Some of my friends post political stuff (that I mostly agree with) but I'm under no obligation to like it or interact with it. I can scroll on by.

Comment

I don’t even want to see stuff I agree with, because it usually just makes me sad and angry.

Comment

My problem with Facebook wasn't really that I agreed or disagreed with what people were posting, it was more that it was such a timesink. It was my own fault, but as soon as I broke the habit I gained literally hours (plural) of every single day. There was some seeing of stuff I disagreed with, obviously, but for the most part it was friends' updates, wingco and others from here (I single out wingco because he barely comes on here any more) and so on. Not unpleasant by and large, but as soon as I stopped I realised the experience as a whole had been getting me down without my realising it.

My football Twitter account was a bit of a different matter because it was professional but largely full of accounts that either bored the arse off or actively repelled me. The 'professional' bit of that should now be past tense, given that the only paid football writing I've done in the last two years has been for WSC, but the rest is still present tense, whereas, as I say, my proofreading one is proving much more stimulating. It's also nice to be able to tweet stuff without getting bombarded with replies, given that I've got about 1/75 the number of followers on the proofreading one that I have on the football one.

Comment

What’s the handle for your proofreading one?

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
              Hah. One of the recurring lines in the series is 'It's Schlafly. Two els.'
              Ah, so she stole Barbra Streisand's el...

Comment

I have a couple of friends who always set the post privacy to public. There are times that I would like to comment and participate in a discussion, but I won't do it if any and everybody can see what I type. I haven't gone to all the trouble of curating my friends list and setting some of them to specific levels of privacy just to have all of that negated by someone who, for some strange unknown reason, wants everyone in the world to see his posts.

Comment

Working...
                X