• Show
Clear All

• George C.
    replied
    Why?

Leave a comment:

• That Night In Barcelona
    replied
    I'll ask someone at this bus stop to lend their phone so I can view a smaller size

Leave a comment:

• George C.
    replied
    I'm sure you can find an app to view...

Leave a comment:

• That Night In Barcelona
    replied
    Can you increase the size of that image please, it's a little small.

Leave a comment:

• George C.
    replied
    Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    Dorries has finally resigned

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    I've known the Houchens were wrong'uns since 1987

Leave a comment:

• Fussbudget
    replied
    Her first act as Culture Secretary, mere hours after being appointed, was to revoke the listed status of the Dorman Long tower to allow it to be demolished so her mate Ben Houchen could cash in on the land. Despicable person. We can, maybe, get these cunts out eventually but we'll never undo some of the damage they've done

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    About fucking time, the fucking talentless leech. She only hung on so her daughters could continue to earn a wage as her assistants.
    Ha anyone told her why she's not been elevated to the Lords yet?

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Dorries has finally resigned

Leave a comment:

• Eggchaser
    replied
    On the comparatively trivial front, MPs losing their seats or quitting are to get 4 months pay instead of 2. May cost up to £2.3m.

Nice work if you can get it.

Leave a comment:

• Lang Spoon
    replied
    The public are prone to occasional performative fits of outrage over comparatively trivial sums with little consequence re policy outcomes like MP expenses but shrug over the big stuff.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Very much so

Leave a comment:

• Tony C
    replied
    I daresay it was “briefly”, The public indifference to corruption is such a huge win for the Tories.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Was briefly a thing last week

Leave a comment:

• Tony C
    replied
    Just another day. Barely making a noise on social media this (or at least the social media I’m linked into).

Leave a comment:

• George C.
    replied
    https://twitter.com/LondonEconomic/status/1691034428313595906?t=Ie4d4IZMo3hj32oyyv7mZQ&s=19

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    https://twitter.com/MarinaPurkiss/status/1686659233557667840?t=XqnsnTcbSAxSqqaaGvFvHA&s=19

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    https://twitter.com/markcurtis30/status/1686412715751886858?t=gsFkuESzssP1lDaCiLV76w&s=19

I don't think anyone is surprised by this.

Leave a comment:

• Nefertiti2
    replied
    Osborne and Cameron have so much to answer for

In 2011, the Tory coalition govt gave LAs freedom to invest. In 2015, The Audit Commission was abolished.​

Leave a comment:

• Eggchaser
    replied
    As long as they're Tory, or there's a seat to buy at the general election , there will be money for a bailout.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Yellow
    replied
    There's lots more to come, many councils went on CRE shopping sprees using central government borrowing. Some of it was a pure investment play, some of it was questionable "support" for the local economy by eg buying up moribund shopping centres when nobody else would (but usually without any real plan to turn the round). Either way they're going to lose a lot of money.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    They make the Italian councils who lost their shirts buying complex derivatives from certain well known financial institutions look prudent

Leave a comment:

• Ginger Yellow
    replied
    Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
    these Thurrock threads are a must read

https://twitter.com/Gareth_Davies09/status/1631018094150787074?s=20

600 million from Gove to save a bankrupt Tory Council that handed hundreds of millions to a dodgy solar panel chancer
    Chancer seems to be putting it mildly.

This passage is just....

A ledger of payments shows £12m went to a company that bought Liam Kavanagh's private jet.

There are also payments totalling £2m for his Bugatti Chiron car and £16m for his yacht Heureka.

A further £40m disappears into a bank account labelled "other".

An email Mr Kavanagh sent in 2020 suggests he always planned to spend council cash on himself. It says: "These funds… will be used to create a new family investment office and to create wealth for years to come. This has always been my plan."

Leave a comment:

• Sean of the Shed
    replied
    It's not corruption, but Lee Anderson has just become a parody of himself.

https://twitter.com/karl_trotsky/status/1685237822133862400?s=20

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post

Like the postmasters, we're waiting until these unfortunate victims to die, how sad, hopefully their heirs will lose the will to pursue the claim after years of obfuscation and legal bullshit.
    And the Windrush too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X