X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time Terri was that hot she was Mott the Hoople's groupie

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
      Weve had a complicit Media for years and a complicit civil se service will finish it off -we are heading for Hungary and Poland.
      Attacks on academia, Limiting the franchise. Complete control of state media.

who is m********i sfd? I could only find Mussolini or Messi?
      Messi would be nice, but John Manzoni. Stood down in April. I agree a complicit CS would finish it off. If I'm honest, I think there's been more complicity among the SCS than most of us would want to admit and a trawl through the Chilcot report shows that, but as their manifesto aluded to, this lot are taking authoritarianism to another level and I sadly agree the comparisons with Hungary and Poland are depressingly fair.

Comment

Is "I was not in Durham that day" the "I did not have sex with that woman" de nos jours?

Comment

Is there some definitional ambiguity in "Durham"?

A medieval fief, ancient bishopric or something of that sort?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
            Is there some definitional ambiguity in "Durham"?

A medieval fief, ancient bishopric or something of that sort?
            There's the more straightforward ambiguity of Durham the city and Durham the county. And there's a quite specific example of that when people say for example they are going to see England play cricket "at Durham" which is partly correct because it's at Durham County Cricket Club, but the town is Chester-le-Street which is a different place altogether, eight miles away. The sighting which is being pursued now is that he was spotted in Houghall Woods on the outskirts of the city so he'd need to be splitting hairs to say he wasn't "in Durham".

However while some reports are saying "Cummings is saying he was not in Durham that day" others are saying "Cummings is saying he was in London all day that day" which reduces his wriggle room.

Comment

I never hear anyone local refer to the county (and by that I mean administrative/geographical area, rather than cricket club) as 'Durham'. It's always 'County Durham', and 'Durham' is always the city.

You do get headlines like this or this that conflate the two, but they always seem completely misleading to me, and like they were written by someone who has never been to the area.

Comment

When I referenced Durham city to colleagues when working in Washington they would pick me up on it. As Fussbudget says, saying Durham indicates the city rather than the land of the Prince Bishops as a whole. Mind, if you said you were from East Durham, it would suggest the coast or Peterlee rather than Gilesgate or Carrville.

And it's always Chester. And I am not touching the Houghton-le-Spring hot potato.

Comment

Lee Cain has gone from potential Downing Street Chief of Staff to resigning as Director of Communications over the course of today. Westminster bubble rumours are that Cummings could be next, though that seems to good to be true.

Comment

https://twitter.com/t0nyyates/status/1326650726349754368?s=21

Comment

https://twitter.com/rossmccaff/status/1326658738682540032?s=21

Comment

50000 deaths less of a crisis than the press guy going

https://twitter.com/Simon_Vessey/status/1326670163526217729?s=20

Comment

https://twitter.com/ClientJournoExp/status/1326689388550643714?s=20

Comment

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1326763281990766593?s=21

first item on the news

Comment

Goings.

Comment

The times reported that this was Cersei Symmonds' doing. I don't remember her being on any ballot paper do you?

Comment

Neither was Dom

Comment

Is he actually gone? Everything I'm immediately seeing is coming from Laura K.

Comment

Will be gone by Christmas

Pieces now in the FT and on Bloomberg

Comment

Yikes

https://twitter.com/JGForsyth/status/1327038065131593730

Comment

Forsyth is the husband of Allegra Stratton and colleague of Mary Wakefield Cummings‘ wife

Comment

Comment

That Forsyth fuck. Where does that posh fuckin face look come from?

Comment

Cummings was brought in as the architect of Brexit. His job's done, along with all the chaos it will cause. Covid was not his area of expertise, as became self evident when he couldn't even follow the simple rules himself.

Comment

Given his track record, I’d be interested to know what his area of expertise actually is.

Comment

The use of disinformation to manipulate elections

Comment

Working...
                                                    X