Laura Kuenssberg / Dominic Cummings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walt Flanagans Dog View Post
    I hope he's got it and passed it on to a load of Tory MPs, if he felt unwell today was he also unwell yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

I hope he's got it and passed it on to a load of Tory MPs, if he felt unwell today was he also unwell yesterday?
      If he has it then under the world-beating track and trace system a whole load of the fuckers will have to self-isolate.

Comment

Comment

Cummings feeding him answers, you could not make this up.

Comment

A Thread

[URL="https://twitter.com/C4Dispatches/status/1268256775599505408"]https://twitter.com/C4Dispatches/sta...56775599505408[/URL]

Comment

The earpiece thing is bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisJ View Post
                So, I can't go the EU and I can't even head 15 miles west even though I speak the language better than most of the locals. Fucking thanks!
                I once knew a girl from Y Fenni
                (Her charms they were various, and many)
                One night, for a geg
                I said "Let's chat in Gymraeg"
                Her: "You've little Welsh, I've not any"

Comment

Did you just make that up?

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                    The earpiece thing is bollocks.
                    As in not true?

Comment

Yeah. There's other shots showing nothing in his ear.
                      Last edited by Etienne; 04-06-2020, 08:14.

Comment

It's a turd leaking out of his brain cavity.

Comment

If he was wearing an earpiece, he was being fed some spectacularly shit responses.

Comment

Must resist, urge to respond…

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                              Did you just make that up?
                              True story, though it's a few years ago

Comment

Just a reminder that Cummings was so badly affected by this scandal that he's managed to get rid of a couple of top civil servants and stick a Brexit political appointee as a national security adviser, just as Brexit trade talks are up in the air.

That'll teach him.

Comment

I wasn't sure which thread to put this in. The "rain of fire" Cummings has sworn for the Senior Civil Service is nothing short of the next stage of a coup. We are about to find out what it's like to live in an American style executive where all the Departments are run by yes-men and women.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                    I wasn't sure which thread to put this in. The "rain of fire" Cummings has sworn for the Senior Civil Service is nothing short of the next stage of a coup. We are about to find out what it's like to live in an American style executive where all the Departments are run by yes-men and women.
                                    Some within the SCS have yearned for that for years. At the onset of what we now understand we mistakingly called 'austerity' *coughs* I "enjoyed" polite dinners with 2* and 3* who gleefully talked of following that type of model and of the CS being stripped back by 40% as that what's industry always does; of course the fact they were closing in on their retirement years didn't influence that view. Nope, not at all...

At around the saime time I did have occassional dealings with a couple of senior USA public servants who'd been appointed via that way and they were very good and very bright and seemed better than many of our own as such. One was an Obama appointee, one from George Bush junior. We can safely assume Cummings and Johnson won't appoint anyone of the same calibre and we'll end up with er, misfits who by some amazing quirk, are about as pro-government and pro-estalbihsment as you can get. Whilst taking on the esatblishment, obviously.. *rollseyes*

(Though FWIW M*****i was surprisingly alright and very aware of the worse elements of the SCS . However, the increasing centralisation of UK government workings and on the over foucs on funcitonalisation which whilst having some merit overlooked that a significant number of CS jobs are multifaceted and can't easilty be stove piped, has undoubtedly made some things worse and I've no doubt a fair few things that have gone on wrong on COVID are linked in part to that).

Comment

Too many numbers and roles in the senior heirarchy is one argument, and one I can see the merit of. Direct hiring and firing into those key and supposedly independent expert roles by some unappointed and unaccountable prick of a mate of the PM is another thing altogether. This is our wonderful unwritten constitution being torn up here.
                                      Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 29-06-2020, 19:36.

Comment

Agree on the purpose behind it and on what they're really doing. The Tory manifesto was nightmarish in terms of what it pretty much said wrt changing things such that neither the rule of law nor accountablity to the electorate, were things that would no longer apply to them. The Labour manifesto was just PR short of perfection on its consitutional parts. Exactly the shake up we needed. And that's the reason why I voted Labour last time.

Comment

The first thing I saw on the news today was on the scroll, saying "Matt Hancock says PM today will set out how the country will bounce forward from the crisis" and it has made me despair at this country even more than usual.

Comment

Weve had a complicit Media for years and a complicit civil se service will finish it off -we are heading for Hungary and Poland.
                                            Attacks on academia, Limiting the franchise. Complete control of state media.

who is m********i sfd? I could only find Mussolini or Messi?

Comment

Maserati? Marconi?

Incidentally, is "bounce forward" the opposite of or the same as "bounce back"?

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                                Maserati? Marconi?

Incidentally, is "bounce forward" the opposite of or the same as "bounce back"?
                                                I don't know, I've already moved on to despairing over this thread:

https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1277909851256041473?s=19

Comment

I've accidentally ended up watching the speech live now rather than following it on Twitter. In the space of a minute: we're going to build the world's first carbon neutral plane called "Jet Zero"; we're a world leader in cricket clubs; and Captain Tom bounding around his garden

Comment

Theresa May is not happy

remember the centrists praising her brilliant straegy of making the Leavers own their brexit? they sure own it now, don't they?

It's a bit like letting the wasps own the picnic.

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1277934650225295361?s=20

Comment

Working...
                                                    X