• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
    Number 10 calling Durham police liars.

Police Not backing down...yet

[MEDIA=twitter]1264165925584068608[/MEDIA]
    Link is broken...

Comment

Government daily briefing about to start - first one I've watched live in weeks. Grant Shapps put in as nightwatchman.

Comment

Sorry- fixed. over the page, and here now too

[URL="https://twitter.com/CharlotteIvers/status/1264165925584068608"]https://twitter.com/CharlotteIvers/s...65925584068608[/URL]

Comment

As I've said elsewhere, I'm not usually one to reach for a conspiracy theory, but this does do the job of ending the expectation that individuals will comply with restrictions, doesn't it?

Comment

Absolutely

And it makes me wonder how much it underlay the government's repeated view that the Great British Public "just couldn't take" a serious lockdown

Comment

Of course. All they've ever wanted to do is undermine any notion of a serious and effective lockdown.

Comment

Yes, though I had thought that was some kind of perverse ideological position

I failed to realise it was a question of personal inconvenience
                Last edited by ursus arctos; 23-05-2020, 17:33.

Comment

He would face jail time in Italy and a number of other countries...over here, Cabinet ministers line up to protect him.

Comment

The Scottish health minister (?) was out her arse within a couple of days after doing something similar but arguably less heinous. The English government, OTOH, seems bound and determined to live down to all the expectations people have of it.

Comment

Curiouser and Curiouser.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                        I love that they've been setup to spend all day giving sanctimonious rebuttals to Dom's 250 mile car trip and now the Mirror and the Guardian have pulled out the witnesses saying he was taking day trips long after he'd returned to London.

Comment

Originally posted by That Night In Barcelona View Post

I love that they've been setup to spend all day giving sanctimonious rebuttals to Dom's 250 mile car trip and now the Mirror and the Guardian have pulled out the witnesses saying he was taking day trips long after he'd returned to London.
                          The Mirror and the Guardian have played a blinder here. Wouldn't surprise me if there is yet more to come.

Comment

Sadly the first thing I thought when reading the article is that because the witnesses are named, the Sun et al. will be trawling through their trash as we speak.

Hopefully there's pictures of Dom on his day trips.

Comment

Originally posted by That Night In Barcelona View Post
                              Sadly the first thing I thought when reading the article is that because the witnesses are named, the Sun et al. will be trawling through their trash as we speak.

Hopefully there's pictures of Dom on his day trips.
                              If any are Labour members who also work for the NHS they'll implode with confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                The Scottish health minister (?) was out her arse within a couple of days after doing something similar but arguably less heinous. The English government, OTOH, seems bound and determined to live down to all the expectations people have of it.
                                It was the Scottish CMO, but yeah. She went to walk her dug on the spacious beaches of her picturesque Fife Fishing village weekend Embra posh bastard second home and only lasted a couple of days before being turfed out. While sturgeons initial reaction was to defend the posh fucker, it is notable the rest of the Scottish cabinet were conspicuous in their silence that weekend.

God knows what blackmail material Cummings has on the Big Cabinet for them all to cravenly back a mere advisor at potential massive damage to them.
                                Last edited by Lang Spoon; 23-05-2020, 20:02.

Comment

They're All In This Together.

Comment

I presume this means that Carrie is in charge now.

Comment

The Tory statement is quite something

https://twitter.com/joepike/status/1264291113550176258?s=21Q

Comment

Reads like it was dictated by Cummings as he yelled down the phone.

I notice even Dan Hodges has declined to defend this latest news, save to he qualified it with a 'if it's true'.

Comment

Also, I find it a little jarring how often they say the words 'Mr Cummings' in that press release.

Comment

Did any of the Durhamshire eyewitnesses say, 'ee Cummings' when they saw him at large?

Comment

This was on Twitter this morning:

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=15px]https://twitter.com/RichJolly/status/1264126356008427520?s=20[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

At this rate, before long we'll discover he's travelled further than Crewe do in an average season.

Comment

I knew nothing about Kuensberg's involvement. I listen exclusively to Radio 4

Comment

Dad?

Comment

https://twitter.com/PippaCrerar/status/1264276879500095489

Earned herself a drink tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X