No announcement yet.

Laura Kuenssberg / Dominic Cummings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrub that, she has been retweeting stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post

I'm no LK fan, but have noticed that she often doesn't tweet at weekends (though she did yesterday morning). Might it just be her BBC working hours that mean she's inactive at the moment?
      I'd say usually the editors stay out of the way on Sunday while Marr, Ridge etc have the spotlight but she was on the ball quickly enough on Friday night getting the initial rebuttal out, and as you point out she was on again yesterday morning with more.

But this is a massive political story and while I agree everyone is entitled to time off she is arguably the highest ranked political journalist in the country and evidently the best connected in this context so she must have something to add here.

Comment

It's who she's connected to that is the issue.

Comment

They haven’t worked out the line. As soon as they do, we’ll be the first to know.

Comment

Maybe Cummings is too busy dealing with angry Tory MPs to have time to tell Kuenssberg what to say

Comment

[URL="https://twitter.com/samholdertv/status/1264529136741240834"]https://twitter.com/samholdertv/stat...29136741240834[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                Maybe Cummings is too busy dealing with angry Tory MPs to have time to tell Kuenssberg what to say
                Nah. He's got priorities and he doesn't give a shit about them. Not that he answers to them any way. I'm not even sure he is a member of the party.

Comment

Looks like Labour didn't sack all the video makers

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1264539115439165444?s=20

Comment

"Your Parents are cunts and the likelihood is that you are going to inevitably become one too."

Simples.

Comment

I don't like to wish ill on people, but if Cummings were to sit down heavily, accidentally trapping one or both of his testicles between his body and the hard seat below, I confess it would bring me a few moments of profound joy.

Comment

The centrists are angry
                        Don't you ever get tired of that kind of ridiculous trolling, Nef? This really shouldn't need saying, but, with a weary *sigh*, here goes: one silly individual does not equal "The Centrists".

Comment

I have to say that Nef is correctly identifying a phenomenon. Matthew d'Ancona and Peter Jukes have both tweeted similar. As someone with a four year old child, I don't think that should protect me from criticism for endangering lives. I also can't see how Merrick et al differentiate it from multiple journos and photographers doorstepping which is fine.

Comment

That makes 3 fools then [edit; maybe 3 individuals make a "phenomenon"]. For the record, I, and I imagine, a large proportion of others who are, in some respects, "Centrist", am angry about Cummings and not about the excellent video-showing vehicle stunt, which I fully support. But above all I am deeply unimpressed at the fact that, when faced with a powerful, malevolent and ruthlessly cynical enemy such as the current hard-right nationalist government which is threatening to destroy our economy and international standing with an insane hard Brexit, costing tens of thousands of unnecessary and tragic deaths with its recklessly incompetent COVID-19 management and permanently damaging the fabric of our democracy with its ruthlessly cynical and shameless lying, the Momentum supporters on here seem more interested in making endless tiresome and pointless digs against "centrists" instead of fighting that common enemy.
                            Last edited by Evariste Euler Gauss; 24-05-2020, 15:37.

Comment

[URL="https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1264573267509116928"]https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/...73267509116928[/URL]

Comment

I agree that people shouldn't focus on people who are ostensibly on the same side against awful hard line right wing governments.

Comment

ISWYDT

Comment

The Common Enemy that the Lib Dem’s, Change UK, the right of the Labour Party and almost the entire commentariat worked so tirelessly to get elected over Corbyn’s Labour Party?

The Common Enemy who seems still committed to a No Deal Brexit which the same groups favoured over the past three years, evidenced by their refusing to vote for remaining in the single market and a customs union, or to have a minority Labour Government committed to a referendum with remain on the ballot?

Both of these could have happened in the last three years.

There are so many issues on which labours policy was better from climate change to respecting Parliament or restoring legal
                                    aid, or rights for refugees. But the groups you mention preferred the Common Enemy at every turn.

When those groups propose actual policies I will support them (as I do the much better policies from the Lib Dems down from the Labour Party about rent and UBI.) But given that I consider the centrists are entirely responsible for the situation that we are now in I’m going to make one or two barbed remarks to stop me from acknowledging quite what a dire situation we are in and quite how much I loathe the people who I consider are responsible for it.
                                    Last edited by Nefertiti2; 24-05-2020, 15:57.

Comment

Johnson unsurprisingly gicing his wholehearted support to Cummings right from the off.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                        Johnson unsurprisingly gicing his wholehearted support to Cummings right from the off.
                                        This implies he has a heart.

Comment

Telling use of words in his opening gambit - "further reports...some of which were palpably untrue"

Comment

Also trying to dodge any follow up questions.

Comment

I think the Guardian/Mirror have something else...big tease tweet by Pippa Crest re the statement by Johnson that Cummings self-isolated

Comment

The Common Enemy that the Lib Dem’s, Change UK, the right of the Labour Party and almost the entire commentariat worked so tirelessly to get elected over Corbyn’s Labour Party?
                                                I literally, honest to God, did not bother reading a single further word of Nef's post after that opening paragraph. That kind of twisted trolling doesn't deserve attention. Except, having given up countless hours of my life to campaigning, alongside fellow "Centrists", against the Tories at the last two elections, not to mention other campaigns against their Brexit policy, I am really exercising a great deal of restraint in not replying to that paragraph more forthright terms.

Ad hoc, I completely agree with you. Which is why, for example, I have never wasted any time, when contributing to any of the threads on here about the Tories' misdeeds on COVID-19 or their erosion of our democracy, on narky point-scoring in relation to any differences, policy or tactical, between my own, or "Centrists" position, and that of anyone further left. It is a pointless and corrosive distraction.

Comment

Evariste Euler Gauss it’s not twisted trolling. There’s evidence for everything I’ve stated. There was an opportunity to stop Brexit. And ensure there was a proper deal. Plenty of The Liberal Democrat’s ( including the then Leader) and change UK Explicitly said that they were not prepared to do that with Corbyn as leader of the Labour Party.
                                                  the alternative was a lazy racist with contempt for democracy and strong links to the European far right Who was described by one of his former colleagues as having “no moral compass of any kind”

Sometimes a short memory is convenient. And no memory is even better.
                                                  Last edited by Nefertiti2; 24-05-2020, 17:55.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X