Three things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three things

Not sure if this will help so if it doesn't please ignore this thread, but with so many people feeling understandably stressed out I wonder if sharing three positive things that cheer you up might lighten the mood:

1 Our recent house-dweller effort to take the puppy to the park as group. Something about a dog haring after a tennis ball and just loving life lifts us all.

2 Walking early in the morning (5-5.30) when it is cold, clear and the stars are just stunning.

3 Reading posts on here about ordinary people reacting in the most extraordinary way to extreme circumstances to make life better for their families, their friends, their pets or just themselves. Just that day to day effort, that they probably think is nothing special, gives me goosebumps sometimes.

Nice one, thanks.

Comment

1. Having the chance to spend more time with my girlfriend and, especially, the children (all hers but I've now been in their lives for 5+ years). Although there's obviously been ups and downs it has been wonderful to have a chance to get to know them better as people rather than as mild inconveniences that we have to ship off to school in the morning and pick up in the afternoon. We've been doing home schooling when we can but better than that just talking, playing games together, laughing and generally messing around.

2. Dog walks in parks that are reasonably free of people, noise and litter and the few people we meet all seem to be much more amenable and friendly than pre-Covid. I've probably spoken to more neighbours and strangers in the last couple of months than the previous 3 years I've lived here and not just exchanging pleasantries but some fairly in depth conversations.

3. Seeing more wildlife that normal. A few weeks ago our dog chased a badger across the street. I've not seen a badger anywhere for years, let alone one in the centre of town, where we live. It's also been lovely to watch and hear the birds in our garden first thing in the morning and at dusk, along with the bats and swallows swooping in to catch insects on the wing.

Comment

Working...
      X